Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
docstone  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:20:36 PM(UTC)
docstone

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have accepted a GS5 step 5 position. I am a former federal employee within 3 years of when I last left the federal government. How long until I am eligible for a step increase? I am not sure whether it will be 1 year or more. Thank you for the help.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:03:07 PM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 729 post(s)
Originally Posted by: docstone Go to Quoted Post
I have accepted a GS5 step 5 position. I am a former federal employee within 3 years of when I last left the federal government. How long until I am eligible for a step increase? I am not sure whether it will be 1 year or more. Thank you for the help.
104 weeks (aka 2 years).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
penrod  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:56:23 AM(UTC)

i believe i should have received an increase to STEP 7 this pay period....... Jan 2010 was my hire date ........ i understand moving up from steps 1 thru 3 requires 52 weeks and moving up from steps 4 thru 6 requires 104 weeks - at each step ........ which i believe computes to - "it takes nines years to get to STEP 7"......... am i missing something here? is the shutdown and/or pay freeze at play here ......... p.s. i'm sensitive to my fellow feds who are receiving **no pay at all** at this time - i hope this doesn't sound whiney / self-entitled and hang in there it will get better
TheRealOrange  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:21:55 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Originally Posted by: penrod Go to Quoted Post
i believe i should have received an increase to STEP 7 this pay period....... Jan 2010 was my hire date ........ i understand moving up from steps 1 thru 3 requires 52 weeks and moving up from steps 4 thru 6 requires 104 weeks - at each step ........ which i believe computes to - "it takes nines years to get to STEP 7"......... am i missing something here? is the shutdown and/or pay freeze at play here ......... p.s. i'm sensitive to my fellow feds who are receiving **no pay at all** at this time - i hope this doesn't sound whiney / self-entitled and hang in there it will get better

Current payroll changes could be affected depending on your payroll servicer. For instance, my current agency is serviced by the National Finance Center (NFC), which is a part of the Department of Agriculture. Since Agriculture has not been funded, we have been advised that no payroll changes (promotions, pay increases, locality pay changes, etc.) will be made by NFC until after the shutdown ends.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed