Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RodoHinote  
#41 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I hope that this furlough thing blows over quickly. I have bills to pay, and I've already gone through a mandatory furlough back in July. My wife's angry about it too.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:10:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
NicNell  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
NicNell

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post
I hope that this furlough thing blows over quickly. I have bills to pay, and I've already gone through a mandatory furlough back in July. My wife's angry about it too.

I hope it blows over quickly as well but I have a feeling that both sides will be digging their heels in.

LieutenantBlantyre  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:12:53 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 181 time(s) in 151 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NicNell Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post

I hope it blows over quickly as well but I have a feeling that both sides will be digging their heels in.

For once “REFUND SEASON!!!!!1!1!1!1!!1” might actually work in our favor. People will still file but we can’t legally issue refunds during a shutdown plus TAS isn’t there either except to check their statutorily-privileged mail that they won’t be able to act on. Congressmen and Senators will feel some heat if it drags on.

For once it might not be a 715 error to say we can’t address your hardship due to (in)action of Congress.

The House is currently debating a new version of the CR that has wall money plus disaster aid. My hopes aren’t high. Too many members of both chambers are bugging out for home.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:53:53 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

If the Democrats stick to blocking the bill in the Senate that the House just passed tonight, we effectively are blocked. If a Unanimous Consent request to proceed to consideration gets blocked (any senator need merely shout objection be they Republican or Democrat), a cloture motion would be filed. That has to sit for one day. A vote has to take place and 60 votes are needed to break the Democrat block. 9 Democrats and all 51 Republicans would have to vote to wind up debate. If that vote passes then 30 hours of debate remain to talk things out before any vote could happen. Assuming Cocaine Mitch can get 9 to defect and hold his caucus together in whole, the soonest we could see a vote might be Monday or Tuesday.

Collins of Maine and Corker of Tennessee both hopped flights home tonight so Cocaine Mitch doesn’t even have his full caucus of 51 to work with...
LieutenantBlantyre  
#45 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 9:58:07 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

And in reviving the normal thread...

NTEU made this claim in e-mail:

Quote:
Consistent with NTEU's call that the first order of business is to pay federal employees, the IRS agrees and is working to make that happen.

This morning, Commissioner Rettig informed National President Tony Reardon that HCO is working to have paychecks for pay periods 26 and 1 deposited in employees’ bank accounts no later than Jan. 31, and he expects to accomplish this "barring unforeseen circumstances." NTEU appreciates the agency's efforts at getting you paid as quickly as possible.

That would be Thursday for those keeping score at home.
chriswt25  
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 10:03:37 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
Consistent with NTEU's call that the first order of business is to pay federal employees, the IRS agrees and is working to make that happen.

This morning, Commissioner Rettig informed National President Tony Reardon that HCO is working to have paychecks for pay periods 26 and 1 deposited in employees’ bank accounts no later than Jan. 31, and he expects to accomplish this "barring unforeseen circumstances." NTEU appreciates the agency's efforts at getting you paid as quickly as possible.

That will be nice. Much quicker than 2013
LieutenantBlantyre  
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:24:13 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Imthatgirl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
Journal entries on the books can always be corrected later. The point is to get folks paid so they can afford the gas to get to work and buy the food so they have the energy to work.

I would like mine done correctly the first time. Good luck if you get underpaid with this. Could take a long time to straighten out. I hope you have enough gas and food to make it back Monday.

Anyone want to guess on when OT will start and how much will be offered for CSR’s?

I am moving this over here, if possible.

OT won't start until we get headcount as to who returns and who is dismissed for being UA. We won't have that settled until Wednesday probably. It takes JOC a couple weeks to run site requirements numbers. JOC already determined that we will not be open on President's Day 2019.

I really don't think we'll know about OT before 12:01 AM on February 16th. This really isn't an end to the shutdown but rather a cease-fire. JOC wouldn't have figures done before we may potentially crash out again.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:04:58 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

48.39% LoS
3.14% Available

Really?
chriswt25  
#49 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 8:37:54 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

48.39% LoS
3.14% Available

Really?

I am literally getting Bal Due calls (2 out of every 3) on APP 20
Vinny  
#50 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:02:25 AM(UTC)
Vinny

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Quote:

Seems consistent with this article:
https://www.govexec.com/...s/154450/?oref=top-story

SETR is currently locked as they are processing back pay for PP 26 and PP 1; admin leave has been input for everyone for week 1 of PP2.
kitkatma  
#51 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:43:58 AM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vinny Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

SETR is currently locked as they are processing back pay for PP 26 and PP 1; admin leave has been input for everyone for week 1 of PP2.

This is Monday, SETR is always locked on Mondays. And I worked last week, they shouldn't change my SETR to admin leave.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#52 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 1:04:56 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vinny Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

This is Monday, SETR is always locked on Mondays. And I worked last week, they shouldn't change my SETR to admin leave.

It should only fill in blank days or furlough marked days within your TOD.
chriswt25  
#53 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 1:15:24 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Being this was my first day back in a new season, I have the same question I have every year. "When is the lack of work layoff gonna be"? :-)
LieutenantBlantyre  
#54 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 2:50:01 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Being this was my first day back in a new season, I have the same question I have every year. "When is the lack of work layoff gonna be"? :-)

Some of us are talking about writing up Article 48 hardship requests and just saving them in Outlook's drafts folder. There is a feeling we'll need them on the 15th. Too many people on Capitol Hill are talking about presidential campaigning instead of legislating.

A mass hardship request across the enterprise would be beautiful. After we all assess the economic damage in our lives I feel pretty certain we won't feel whole after the backpay shows up. I myself would have to do it if we hit that point in February so I can get paying work to help provide for my family. Things aren't cool right now in my bank account.
chriswt25  
#55 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:26:35 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Some of us are talking about writing up Article 48 hardship requests and just saving them in Outlook's drafts folder. There is a feeling we'll need them on the 15th. Too many people on Capitol Hill are talking about presidential campaigning instead of legislating.

A mass hardship request across the enterprise would be beautiful. After we all assess the economic damage in our lives I feel pretty certain we won't feel whole after the backpay shows up. I myself would have to do it if we hit that point in February so I can get paying work to help provide for my family. Things aren't cool right now in my bank account.

I don't want another shutdown furlough, just the lack of work one.

You do know that those 7 days you went to work where you could have claimed the hardship cost you money. Travel, expenses that occur as a normal part of a day where you weren't home etc. I am 100 % certain your dedication will not be recognized in any way by our employer. Unfortunately because of that, I was not going to bust what finances I have to help them get out of a pickle. It was disgraceful to tell people they were not needed, and then come back and say they were needed after they got a favorable decision in a lawsuit.

I go in, I give them my all (17 years), have 3 seasons left (I hope I can get through) before retirement. There is a huge difference in the way CSR's were treated until about 10 years ago. They have made this a much more difficult and unpleasant job. It is a job where the workers need support and encouragement, and the complete opposite is what happens. More and more functions are added to the job, with horrid training provided, and then nitpicking people over nonsense. Based on the people that post here, it is widespread between the call centers and the campuses.

They reap what they sow, but that is something they refuse to acknowledge or care about.

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2019 3:46:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Imthatgirl  
#56 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 5:03:10 PM(UTC)
Imthatgirl

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Journal entries on the books can always be corrected later. The point is to get folks paid so they can afford the gas to get to work and buy the food so they have the energy to work.

I would like mine done correctly the first time. Good luck if you get underpaid with this. Could take a long time to straighten out. I hope you have enough gas and food to make it back Monday.

Anyone want to guess on when OT will start and how much will be offered for CSR’s?

OT won't start until we get headcount as to who returns and who is dismissed for being UA. We won't have that settled until Wednesday probably. It takes JOC a couple weeks to run site requirements numbers. JOC already determined that we will not be open on President's Day 2019.

I really don't think we'll know about OT before 12:01 AM on February 16th. This really isn't an end to the shutdown but rather a cease-fire. JOC wouldn't have figures done before we may potentially crash out again.

I’m quite sure we will have OT before February 16th given the state of the phones.

I was wondering about Presidents Day. Makes sense that they won’t go forward with that being that they generally advertise extended hours during this weekend and not knowing the state of the government at that time.

Anyone know if seasonals who were supposed to come back on January 2nd, will be given back pay to that date. Or will it be the date that they became excepted? I found no guidance on this and different answers are being given. Your assistance is appreciated.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#57 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:16:17 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

I don't want another shutdown furlough, just the lack of work one.

You do know that those 7 days you went to work where you could have claimed the hardship cost you money. Travel, expenses that occur as a normal part of a day where you weren't home etc. I am 100 % certain your dedication will not be recognized in any way by our employer. Unfortunately because of that, I was not going to bust what finances I have to help them get out of a pickle. It was disgraceful to tell people they were not needed, and then come back and say they were needed after they got a favorable decision in a lawsuit.

I go in, I give them my all (17 years), have 3 seasons left (I hope I can get through) before retirement. There is a huge difference in the way CSR's were treated until about 10 years ago. They have made this a much more difficult and unpleasant job. It is a job where the workers need support and encouragement, and the complete opposite is what happens. More and more functions are added to the job, with horrid training provided, and then nitpicking people over nonsense. Based on the people that post here, it is widespread between the call centers and the campuses.

They reap what they sow, but that is something they refuse to acknowledge or care about.

Oh, something is going down internally at Cleveland. Signs and portents of a very negative nature were shown to me today. On Friday I'll end up seeing how bad of a trainwreck this is going to turn into. If it sounds mysterious it is because sometimes that's what happens when you get dumb orders from DirectorAM that are nearly impossible to implement and wind up with perverse results.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:18:23 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

I’m quite sure we will have OT before February 16th given the state of the phones.

I was wondering about Presidents Day. Makes sense that they won’t go forward with that being that they generally advertise extended hours during this weekend and not knowing the state of the government at that time.

Anyone know if seasonals who were supposed to come back on January 2nd, will be given back pay to that date. Or will it be the date that they became excepted? I found no guidance on this and different answers are being given. Your assistance is appreciated.

For the January 2nd folks, they actually had to be on the books with their badges back. If not they get nothing because they weren't in a shutdown furlough status but rather an unpaid seasonal furlough status. We're still doing headcounts at Cleveland because not everybody returned and we have to total up the damage to the org chart.
chriswt25  
#59 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 7:19:18 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Oh, something is going down internally at Cleveland. Signs and portents of a very negative nature were shown to me today. On Friday I'll end up seeing how bad of a trainwreck this is going to turn into. If it sounds mysterious it is because sometimes that's what happens when you get dumb orders from DirectorAM that are nearly impossible to implement and wind up with perverse results.

Fantastic. Let the good times roll.
kitkatma  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:02:29 AM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 56 post(s)

For the January 2nd folks, they actually had to be on the books with their badges back. If not they get nothing because they weren't in a shutdown furlough status but rather an unpaid seasonal furlough status. We're still doing headcounts at Cleveland because not everybody returned and we have to total up the damage to the org chart.

Of the one RTD on my team, when his PAR was input, his return date was input as Jan 2, 2019. So he should be getting paid from the 2nd forward.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed