Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Axelarate  
#81 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:49:30 PM(UTC)
Axelarate

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/10/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Tennessee

First time poster here. Does the NSA always fly out people for in person interviews or do they do phone interviews as well? I've noticed a trend that most people conducted an interview about a month after application. In a few days it would have been a month since I applied and I haven't had an interview request yet or any email whatsoever since my submission confirmation. Wondering if I should start counting my chickens.

For reference I applied for a non-language involved Technical Position.

Thanks!
velcroTech  
#82 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:34:45 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 170
Cayman Islands
Location: Gun Bay

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Axelarate Go to Quoted Post
First time poster here. Does the NSA always fly out people for in person interviews or do they do phone interviews as well? I've noticed a trend that most people conducted an interview about a month after application. In a few days it would have been a month since I applied and I haven't had an interview request yet or any email whatsoever since my submission confirmation. Wondering if I should start counting my chickens.

For reference I applied for a non-language involved Technical Position.

Thanks!


Both. It really depends on availability.
GovtWorker35  
#83 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:37:37 AM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/14/2018(UTC)
Posts: 31
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not getting anything from my recruiter or my security person either. I have contacted both and neither respond to me. So damn frustrating.
John Kimble  
#84 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:13:27 AM(UTC)

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2012(UTC)
Posts: 19

Thanks: 2 times
Originally Posted by: Axelarate Go to Quoted Post
First time poster here. Does the NSA always fly out people for in person interviews or do they do phone interviews as well? I've noticed a trend that most people conducted an interview about a month after application. In a few days it would have been a month since I applied and I haven't had an interview request yet or any email whatsoever since my submission confirmation. Wondering if I should start counting my chickens.

For reference I applied for a non-language involved Technical Position.

Thanks!



I applied months ago and just had an online video interview. Analyst position.
LDomino  
#85 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:40:09 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/23/2018(UTC)
Posts: 25

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

First time caller, long time listener.

I wanted to share my timeline, as I recently received the FJO. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as I know this process can be insanely arduous and anything I can do to pay it forward...

Submitted Application: End of January 2018
Invited for Interview: April 2018
Interview at HQ: May 2018
CJO: Middle of June 2018
Submitted HR/Security Forms: End of June/Beginning of July 2018
Pre-Screen Questions: August 2018
Scheduled Psych and Poly: Beginning of October 2018
BI Called to Schedule Subject Interview: Beginning of October 2018 (actually same day I got the call about psych/poly
Subject Interview/BI came to my job: Beginning of October 2018
Poly/Psych: End of October/Beginning of Nov 2018 (passed first time)
FJO: Beginning of February 2019


Congrats, I hope you’re excited!
If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of position was it?



I am definitely excited. It's an analyst position.



Holy crap man, you went from CJO to FJO in eight months? That'a got to be a new record. I'm assuming you aren't a language analyst? We seem to get the short end of the stick...
0x41  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:12:18 AM(UTC)
0x41

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2

I don't see many people taking the CNT in these time lines. What's the average time it takes to get a email back after taking the CNT?

Thank you all for sharing your timelines!
Lefty  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:16:18 AM(UTC)
Lefty

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 4
Location: Mars

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

First time caller, long time listener.

I wanted to share my timeline, as I recently received the FJO. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as I know this process can be insanely arduous and anything I can do to pay it forward...

Submitted Application: End of January 2018
Invited for Interview: April 2018
Interview at HQ: May 2018
CJO: Middle of June 2018
Submitted HR/Security Forms: End of June/Beginning of July 2018
Pre-Screen Questions: August 2018
Scheduled Psych and Poly: Beginning of October 2018
BI Called to Schedule Subject Interview: Beginning of October 2018 (actually same day I got the call about psych/poly
Subject Interview/BI came to my job: Beginning of October 2018
Poly/Psych: End of October/Beginning of Nov 2018 (passed first time)
FJO: Beginning of February 2019


Congrats, I hope you’re excited!
If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of position was it?



I am definitely excited. It's an analyst position.



Holy crap man, you went from CJO to FJO in eight months? That'a got to be a new record. I'm assuming you aren't a language analyst? We seem to get the short end of the stick...



No, not a language analyst position. Sorry about your short stick. :( Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I definitely attribute my timeline to my recruiter, who was wonderful...and usually responded within the week. Unfortunately, from what I have read that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Yes, it's true that they really don't know where you are in the process (especially once the BI/poly/psych stuff starts) because of the Privacy Act. However, I think it's important to try and maintain somewhat consistent contact. Every couple of weeks to months, I would think of random questions and shoot off an email. For example, I am currently a federal employee, so a lot of my questions had to do with how and what information to disclose to supervisors during this pre-employment phase; along with, how to handle promotional opportunities at my current agency, etc.

My unsolicited advice is this: if you're having trouble reaching your recruiter, try reaching out to the general NSA hire contact. I think it's a matter of trying to balance being persistent without being a pest. Additionally, I would suggest (although this is super obvious) being sure to respond to their requests for info the same day (I know, duh...) and sending follow-up emails asking them to confirm the receipt. I found that it took 1-3 "hey did you get that stuff I sent" messages before they replied, "we got you."

velcroTech  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:04:31 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 170
Cayman Islands
Location: Gun Bay

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

First time caller, long time listener.

I wanted to share my timeline, as I recently received the FJO. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as I know this process can be insanely arduous and anything I can do to pay it forward...

Submitted Application: End of January 2018
Invited for Interview: April 2018
Interview at HQ: May 2018
CJO: Middle of June 2018
Submitted HR/Security Forms: End of June/Beginning of July 2018
Pre-Screen Questions: August 2018
Scheduled Psych and Poly: Beginning of October 2018
BI Called to Schedule Subject Interview: Beginning of October 2018 (actually same day I got the call about psych/poly
Subject Interview/BI came to my job: Beginning of October 2018
Poly/Psych: End of October/Beginning of Nov 2018 (passed first time)
FJO: Beginning of February 2019


Congrats, I hope you’re excited!
If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of position was it?



I am definitely excited. It's an analyst position.



Holy crap man, you went from CJO to FJO in eight months? That'a got to be a new record. I'm assuming you aren't a language analyst? We seem to get the short end of the stick...



No, not a language analyst position. Sorry about your short stick. :( Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I definitely attribute my timeline to my recruiter, who was wonderful...and usually responded within the week. Unfortunately, from what I have read that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Yes, it's true that they really don't know where you are in the process (especially once the BI/poly/psych stuff starts) because of the Privacy Act. However, I think it's important to try and maintain somewhat consistent contact. Every couple of weeks to months, I would think of random questions and shoot off an email. For example, I am currently a federal employee, so a lot of my questions had to do with how and what information to disclose to supervisors during this pre-employment phase; along with, how to handle promotional opportunities at my current agency, etc.

My unsolicited advice is this: if you're having trouble reaching your recruiter, try reaching out to the general NSA hire contact. I think it's a matter of trying to balance being persistent without being a pest. Additionally, I would suggest (although this is super obvious) being sure to respond to their requests for info the same day (I know, duh...) and sending follow-up emails asking them to confirm the receipt. I found that it took 1-3 "hey did you get that stuff I sent" messages before they replied, "we got you."


Did you already have a clearance before you applied?
broncos55  
#89 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:25:45 AM(UTC)
broncos55

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I had my first contact with the Office of Personnel Security today just clearing up some things through email. Hopefully that means they are getting somewhere with my file. Does this mean that I am in adjudication? I have been in the process around 19 months now.
LDomino  
#90 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 7:42:39 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/23/2018(UTC)
Posts: 25

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: broncos55 Go to Quoted Post
I had my first contact with the Office of Personnel Security today just clearing up some things through email. Hopefully that means they are getting somewhere with my file. Does this mean that I am in adjudication? I have been in the process around 19 months now.


You aren't in adjudication until your BI, psych, and polys are completed. Adjudication means a final decision is being made regarding to your clearability. If those haven't happened yet you got a lonnnng way to go, my dude.
broncos55  
#91 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:06:42 AM(UTC)
broncos55

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
06/2017 - Application
07/2017 - Interview
08/2017 - CJO
08/2017 - Forms Sent In
11/2017 - Psychological and Poly
01/2018 - Background Start (From when the investigator contacted me)
03/2018 - Background Followup (Background investigator contacted me to clarify some questions and said they were done and sending off my file)
02/2019 - Contacted by Office of Personnel Security to verify information

I'm hoping the process is being close to finished. This is the first contact I've had in 11 months.
Aaavery22  
#92 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:14:29 AM(UTC)
Aaavery22

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/14/2019(UTC)
Posts: 1

I thought I'd share my timeline, although it's looking pretty bleak so far.

08/16 - Applied
1/17 - Screening Phone Interview
4/17 - Language Testing, Interview, CJO
5/17 - Forms Sent in
10/17 - Psych and Poly
11/17 - Investigator completed/sent off files
11/18 - Poly again (told that since a full year had passed I needed to come back in again)
1/19 - received voicemail saying they're still interested in me as an applicant

BatDog123  
#93 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:47:01 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 83
United States

Thanks: 42 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: broncos55 Go to Quoted Post

03/2018 - Background Followup (Background investigator contacted me to clarify some questions and said they were done and sending off my file)
02/2019 - Contacted by Office of Personnel Security to verify information

I'm hoping the process is being close to finished. This is the first contact I've had in 11 months.


Man...... THAT is just rough, and disheartening. I'm only six months in, but seeing these timelines extend again are deflating.
broncos55  
#94 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 9:12:08 AM(UTC)
broncos55

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aaavery22 Go to Quoted Post
I thought I'd share my timeline, although it's looking pretty bleak so far.

08/16 - Applied
1/17 - Screening Phone Interview
4/17 - Language Testing, Interview, CJO
5/17 - Forms Sent in
10/17 - Psych and Poly
11/17 - Investigator completed/sent off files
11/18 - Poly again (told that since a full year had passed I needed to come back in again)
1/19 - received voicemail saying they're still interested in me as an applicant



I haven't heard anything about having to do another poly since a year has passed. I would think once you pass poly, you should be good until reinvestigation time. I wonder if you decline if that eliminates your possibilty of getting cleared.
velcroTech  
#95 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 9:49:00 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 170
Cayman Islands
Location: Gun Bay

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: broncos55 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aaavery22 Go to Quoted Post
I thought I'd share my timeline, although it's looking pretty bleak so far.

08/16 - Applied
1/17 - Screening Phone Interview
4/17 - Language Testing, Interview, CJO
5/17 - Forms Sent in
10/17 - Psych and Poly
11/17 - Investigator completed/sent off files
11/18 - Poly again (told that since a full year had passed I needed to come back in again)
1/19 - received voicemail saying they're still interested in me as an applicant



I haven't heard anything about having to do another poly since a year has passed. I would think once you pass poly, you should be good until reinvestigation time. I wonder if you decline if that eliminates your possibilty of getting cleared.

It may be even less than a year. I passed in April 2018, job was filled. Applied for another job and they made me do another Poly in December, they even had the results from April. So It could be six months.

nicky93  
#96 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:31:45 AM(UTC)
nicky93

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2019(UTC)
Posts: 6

Thanks: 2 times
New poster here! Here is my TL so far:

10/18: Applied
12/18: Received confirmation email
1/19: Operational Interview
2/19: Phone interview
2/19: received CJO; sent in hr forms
*3/19: received/sent in security forms
*4/19: BI interview

*3/19: I had to email customer care to receive my eqip email, otherwise I wouldn't have received it anytime soon, I'm sure.

*4/19: BI said they only needed to interview me & not my current employer.

This is it so far but I’ll be back to update.

Edited by user Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:45:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

duvet  
#97 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 7:42:21 AM(UTC)
duvet

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/4/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey all,

February 2018 - Applied

August 2018 - Operational Interview + verbal CJO

October 2018 - Sent security forms

November 2018 - BI interview + references contacted

December 2018 - Poly & Psych eval

December 2018 - Poly 2, passed

January 2019 - Cleared

April 2019 - EOD
thanks 2 users thanked duvet for this useful post.
someoldguy on 2/22/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 3/7/2019(UTC)
velcroTech  
#98 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 9:14:58 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 170
Cayman Islands
Location: Gun Bay

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: duvet Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

February 2018 - Applied

August 2018 - Operational Interview + verbal CJO

October 2018 - Sent security forms

November 2018 - BI interview + references contacted

December 2018 - Poly & Psych eval

December 2018 - Poly 2, passed

January 2019 - Cleared

April 2019 - EOD


Did you have a clearance when you applied?
someoldguy  
#99 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 3:08:53 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/28/2013(UTC)
Posts: 3,943

Thanks: 279 times
Was thanked: 900 time(s) in 753 post(s)
Originally Posted by: duvet Go to Quoted Post
January 2019 - Cleared
April 2019 - EOD
Congrats!

Any idea why it took from Jan to April to get a start date? Did you request a delay?

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
duvet  
#100 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 5:38:40 AM(UTC)
duvet

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/4/2018(UTC)
Posts: 8

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: duvet Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

February 2018 - Applied

August 2018 - Operational Interview + verbal CJO

October 2018 - Sent security forms

November 2018 - BI interview + references contacted

December 2018 - Poly & Psych eval

December 2018 - Poly 2, passed

January 2019 - Cleared

April 2019 - EOD


Did you have a clearance when you applied?


No I didn't
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (5)
20 Pages«<34567>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.015 seconds.