Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roger.d  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 4:43:36 PM(UTC)
roger.d

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 690 time(s) in 536 post(s)
http://postalmag.com/blo...cedure-by-j-r-pritchett/

Here is an interesting read on the subject.

To summerize, once management say "dicipline" to you, they think you are a threat to them. So the suspended you.

A bunch of BS. But it is what we have to deal with.

You never know when it might happen. So get yourself a good amount in savings so you can ride the storm out. You will likely get backpay. BUT there is no guarantee.
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 4:47:39 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2817 time(s) in 2216 post(s)
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post
http://postalmag.com/blog/article-16-section-7-emergency-procedure-by-j-r-pritchett/

To summerize, once management say "dicipline" to you, they think you are a threat to them. So the suspended you.

You never know when it might happen. So get yourself a good amount in savings so you can ride the storm out. You will likely get backpay. BUT there is no guarantee.

when you promote people who can not find their way out of a paper bag with both ends open high up's tell these losers do what ever you can to save face.

Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
gimmea3996  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 7:16:30 PM(UTC)
gimmea3996

United States

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Cliff notes version: Postal mgmt. are insecure, vindictive sociopaths. I'd agree with that.
roger.d  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 8:10:10 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 690 time(s) in 536 post(s)
Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: roger.d Go to Quoted Post
http://postalmag.com/blog/article-16-section-7-emergency-procedure-by-j-r-pritchett/

when you promote people who can not find their way out of a paper bag with both ends open high up's tell these losers do what ever you can to save face.

Originally Posted by: gimmea3996 Go to Quoted Post
Cliff notes version: Postal mgmt. are insecure, vindictive sociopaths. I'd agree with that.

No arguement from me on either of these statements.
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Brad Tucker  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 11:27:30 AM(UTC)
Brad Tucker

I've carried out of stations where the employees have requested that Management 16.7 a fellow employee because they are scared of the crazy one. I've seen fellow employees report to work falling down drunk and were issued a 16.7 All 16.7's aren't issued because of a boogie man.
gimmea3996  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 12:01:22 PM(UTC)
gimmea3996

United States

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Brad Tucker Go to Quoted Post
I've carried out of stations where the employees have requested that Management 16.7 a fellow employee because they are scared of the crazy one. I've seen fellow employees report to work falling down drunk and were issued a 16.7 All 16.7's aren't issued because of a boogie man.

No one is saying otherwise. Of course, there's no denying there are a LOT of postal mgrs that fit the article. Seen numerous good carriers, good people targeted by such mgrs. for no legitimate reasons other then the mgrs. petty, vindictive, insecure ways.
Lexipooh  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:14:17 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gimmea3996 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Brad Tucker Go to Quoted Post

{No one is saying otherwise. Of course, there's no denying there are a LOT of postal mgrs that fit the article. Seen numerous good carriers, good people targeted by such mgrs. for no legitimate reasons other then the mgrs. petty, vindictive, insecure ways.
}

I am one of them! Both management and the union are ABUSING Emergency placement 16.7. Some are using it to harass and bully employees. This procedure is not in place as a bullying tactic. It is set up to detect and punish criminal and unsafe behavior. Today, managers and union need to make sure that THEY punish workers according to the policies. Unfortunately, there are checks and balances in place today that CAN and WILL catch up with them sooner rather than later! I am saying both the union and management should make sure that there is JUST CAUSE and the individuals gets a fair representation/investigation. Otherwise, you can't just place an employee in the unemployment line if they are INNOCENT and were not given a fair investigation.

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:34:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

baxter0  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:35:43 PM(UTC)
baxter0

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I dream of the day that they would try that ***** on me. I could ride it out for years.
Lexipooh  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:31:39 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: baxter0 Go to Quoted Post
I dream of the day that they would try that ***** on me. I could ride it out for years.

It can happen at the moment you least expect! You can be placed off the clock based on a LIE and be denied all your benefits and unemployment. Not sure anybody would like to ride that out for years. But, I hear yah!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed