Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<1617181920>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hampton121  
#341 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 6:39:01 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Just took my exam yesterday so will probably call HR in a week to see if i passed
John Stamos  
#342 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2019 10:54:19 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've been watching these darn posts for a while now... I am a June 2018 applicant (I think it was a veteran posting, not sure)... I am now waiting to get my information to start my drug test, medical screening, and background investigation... Hopefully things go well for the rest of you!!! Also, I have really enjoyed reading everyone's timelines because it has been helpful in keeping me sane... I sort of know when to expect to move on to the next step in the process... I did speak with my HR contact today who informed me that she would be sending out the info for the next step... I'm hoping that I can (by some miracle) get into the last class that they are having this year.. Not sure when it is, but I know I'm going to be getting in line behind a bunch of you guys...
John Stamos  
#343 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:11:57 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Someone posted on another forum that a good friend of theirs was in the graduating class 51 and said that the 2019 classes were already filled and they're working on 2020 already... Has anyone else heard or can confirm this???
luckydevil  
#344 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:37:22 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Stamos Go to Quoted Post
Someone posted on another forum that a good friend of theirs was in the graduating class 51 and said that the 2019 classes were already filled and they're working on 2020 already... Has anyone else heard or can confirm this???

Maybe they have enough people to fill them, but I don't think officially filled. I don't believe they notify the applicants that far in advance. There are a bunch of us February 2017 apppicants who are waiting for classes. I haven't seen many left before us at least on the forums waiting. I would hope we are the next group lined up for 2019. Nobody I have seen on any of these forums has even been notified for the next 2019 class.
John Stamos  
#345 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:19:28 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

Maybe they have enough people to fill them, but I don't think officially filled. I don't believe they notify the applicants that far in advance. There are a bunch of us February 2017 apppicants who are waiting for classes. I haven't seen many left before us at least on the forums waiting. I would hope we are the next group lined up for 2019. Nobody I have seen on any of these forums has even been notified for the next 2019 class.

I'm hoping that's not the case and that there will be more people being called for classes this year... I personally applied in June of 2018(I might be the only one) and I am hoping that I personally will be able to get into a class next year... We will see how things shake out of course...

luckydevil  
#346 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:32:01 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

I'm hoping that's not the case and that there will be more people being called for classes this year... I personally applied in June of 2018(I might be the only one) and I am hoping that I personally will be able to get into a class next year... We will see how things shake out of course...

I definitely hope it isn't true! I had hopes for the next class!
John Stamos  
#347 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:55:01 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

One thing that I hope is that they are completely different from the ATF... The ATF has it to where you can make it through the ENTIRE process and still not receive a job offer... I personally made it through everything with them, to include a favorable background check... Then, nothing... Every single time I called HR all I heard was "No news is good news.", but I still haven't received a letter or anything from them... So I'm hoping that the DEA isn't like that... What I mean is, I hope that once my background check comes back favorable, it's just a matter of getting me into a class...
IdiotGuru  
#348 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 11:20:22 AM(UTC)
IdiotGuru

Ok, so after reading through the last few months of posts on here, I’m confused.

Here’s my timeline:

Applied: Oct 2016
Online assessments: November 2016
Proctored assessments: Feb 2017
Panel interview: April 2017
Tentative job offer: Aug 2017
Drug test: Aug 2017
Medical: Nov 2017
eQuip: Nov 2017
Reference request for “expedited” clearance: April 2018 (references were contacted the next week)
Contacted by eQuip folks to electronically resign my eQuip packet because the old ones expired: Dec 2018
Spoke to BI: Jan 2019

I see people talking about “interim” clearance paperwork received AFTER they’d talked to their BI. What’s the point of getting an interim AFTER the investigation portion has been completed? And am I the only person that got this “expedited clearance” thing last year? (Note: if this is the expedited process, holy bejeebus.). I’ve been patient and just waited for DEA to do its thing. I’ve actually forgotten once or twice I was in the process, to be honest. I just let HE do it’s thing. The resigning of the eQuip forms in December was odd, but the security/background guy who called me about it said that turnover at DEA has been pretty high over the last year and a half so my packet was sitting at the drug panel (I tried something 20 years ago they had to look at) and it just sat with the panel without being looked at. (I believed him then, and believe him moreso after seeing Liny22’s issue on here.)Then I’ll randomly get contacted about the next part of the process.

I know my BI is completed now for about two weeks. The investigator told me that it’d be about 30-45 days before they made a final determination on it. That’s about par for the course from my experience with government clearances once the actual investigation is complete until final adjudication. I’m just really confused why you all/we would need an interim once a clearance is completed and adjudicated? And unless I’m reading this forum incorrectly, you guys didn’t get the interim clearance paperwork for like three months after you spoke to investigators? Or am I just reading the timelines wrong?
DiscretionarySpending  
#349 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 3:03:03 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

United States

I got the interim back last summer and am still waiting on final determination after BI, I’m under the impression they have not picked candidates for the late March/early April class
IdiotGuru  
#350 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 4:43:18 PM(UTC)
IdiotGuru

Gotcha. I’m in no rush. I’ve already been waiting almost three years, a few more months ain’t gonna change anything, really. Plus, if I get into one of the classes this year, I’m actually more interested in getting in the fall class, not the April one, so I can look at other options.

I’m just still curious why we’d need interims after speaking to the investigator and the BI is completed and turned in. Typically it’s been my experience that the interim is done before you speak to an investigator, but everything in the initial checklist looks good. Maybe it’s different for DoJ, as most of the ones I’ve felt with were DoD. Not that it matters about the price of pimento cheese in Georgia. I’m easy and I’ll just fill out whatever forms they send me.
DiscretionarySpending  
#351 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:06:27 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

United States

It’s a slog but I’m sure it will be worth it if we get in, I applied October 2016 as well so it seems we are on the same time line, best of luck regardless!
GearUp  
#352 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:15:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 159 post(s)
The 2019 classes are NOT filled!!! There are plenty of candidates in the pipeline but the classes aren't yet filled. Way to early. The next class is in April. They won't make final offers until sometime in March.
thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 2/10/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 2/12/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 2/13/2019(UTC), John Stamos on 2/14/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#353 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:18:43 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
The 2019 classes are NOT filled!!! There are plenty of candidates in the pipeline but the classes aren't yet filled. Way to early. The next class is in April. They won't make final offers until sometime in March.

Thank you GearUp! I was totally confused, like wait what, I thought they don't fill until month before. The info is much appreciated.
SoFLoGal  
#354 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
SoFLoGal

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello all -

Have been lurking and waiting for Federal Soup to approve my registration since 2/6 in order to share my timeline and post other useful information. I am a May 2018 applicant, I applied to the Merit Promotion announcement: 5/25/2018 to 06/04/2018. My timeline is as follows:

6/4/2018: Applied
6/4/2018: Received acknowledge letter
6/6/2019: On-line assessment completed
7/3/2018: Invitation for proctored exam
7/21/2018: Proctored Exam completion
10/26/3018: E-mail for interview east coast (mid-Atlantic area)
11/6/2018: Interviewed:
1/26/2019: HRRD recruitment E-mail for drug questionnaire and disclosure form
2/6/2019: Tentative offer letter
2/6/2019: Accepted tentative offer
Medical and Drug (pending e-mail invitation)

I would like to note that I am currently a fed with a TS/SCI. I inquired as to the process for this since my latest was adjudicated by OPM/DOJ on 11/2017. There is a possibility of getting a reciprocity for this process but I am unsure yet. As soon as I know, I will let you all know in case you are in the same boat as I.
SoFLoGal  
#355 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:43:48 PM(UTC)
SoFLoGal

Woman
United States

Good afternoon,

I have e-mailed my actual HRRD POC and I asked her about the classes as well as the looming shutdown and how the process may be halted or slowed down. Here are her answers:

1) Diversion, within the DEA, is not affected by the shutdown. So, HRRD will continue to work through the shutdown - if one actually occurs. Only thing which may slowdown, a bit and not too much, is suitability (BI arena). While she did not specify why this will be the case, from my experience and what I know, this will be due because BI area falls within OPM and OPM does get affected by a shutdown. Let's hope that a shutdown does not occur, but if it does, that it is short lived.

2) The most important, academy classes. I have been seeing, in a lot of forums concerning DI, that "someone" said that the classes are "full." All right, this is what I got from her concerning FY19 and FY20 academies. So, the academies - included the next one in April - are not filled yet. There is a board/panel, that looks at all of the information provided and determines who will be chosen to the next class to be filled. They have not convened for the academy in April since February is still young. So, when a person will be placed in an academy their paperwork has gone through that board and there is an updated list of available locations. Which brings me to third point...

3) I have seen that many people are asking why their list preference has be requested more than once. Evidently, for each class they revisit the locations. I am logically concluding that as people graduate academies and go to the field, and retirement, the lists of areas available are updated. If it is anything like my current agency, they keep rotating and updating the locations to ensure that not one field division has more new people than others. There has to be a level of experience.

4) I am unsure about the announcements you all applied to, but, I am excited that the position I applied for has "relocation expenses" covered. That is good news, means, those positions have that monies allotted for it. Should relieve some financial burden to some.

5) Lastly, I wanted to speak about active clearances for some of us. According to my POC, whether a clearance will be reciprocated - which is not unheard of in the government or for DEA - well, if a clearance (TS/SCI) and the SSBI is accepted and/or how much will be accepted, is determined by suitability and if the current holding agency releases the information to DEA. So, if you are a current federal employee with a background, let us hope that it is reciprocated and that your agency releases it. I am hoping mine does since I have a fullscope which was recently adjudicated.

6) A round of e-mails - for physical, drug, and BI - will be sent out this week. So, things are still moving along ladies and gentlemen. Well, I hope this helps some of you all. Especially, help ease down any concerns or questions about shutdown and academy dates.
thanks 3 users thanked SoFLoGal for this useful post.
Bookish7267 on 2/12/2019(UTC), tpheaton on 2/12/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 2/13/2019(UTC)
SoFLoGal  
#356 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:00:42 AM(UTC)
SoFLoGal

Woman
United States

Good morning all!

At 08:16am on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, I received my official "COE" letter as well as the welcome for the OnBoarding Manager Selectee registration. I have six (6) forms to fill-out and return before a due date of 02/16/2019, for the next step.

Things are most definitely moving along guys and gals. Who else has gotten this e-mail message?
thanks 1 user thanked SoFLoGal for this useful post.
tpheaton on 2/12/2019(UTC)
IdiotGuru  
#357 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:22:23 PM(UTC)
IdiotGuru

This post is not to stir a pot or anything, just to give information that was relayed to me.

Just got off the phone with HR and was told April class has been pushed to July due to shut down and such. She also stated that a third academy this year wasn’t a definite.
luckydevil  
#358 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:31:15 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: IdiotGuru Go to Quoted Post
This post is not to stir a pot or anything, just to give information that was relayed to me.

Just got off the phone with HR and was told April class has been pushed to July due to shut down and such. She also stated that a third academy this year wasn’t a definite.

Gearup, you hear anything about this?

Thanks in advance
DiscretionarySpending  
#359 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:32:06 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

United States

I have heard otherwise
IdiotGuru  
#360 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:00:31 PM(UTC)
IdiotGuru

What did you hear?

Who did you get the info from? (ie-from an HE rep or someone’s brother’s college roommate’s plumber’s neighbor who works for a different G agency but ~kinda knows~ a DI, as seems to be the case with some of the info being shared here from time to time.)

When did you hear different info? (This is important because the way the nice lady I was talking to was talking, it sounded like a pretty recent development, so, while I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m saying the situation may have changed. You also have to remember that there is now a decent possibility of yet another shutdown at the end of this week, as well, and that may be the reason for the decision to pu***** to July and the status of the third academy for the year; everything is up in the air. Even gearup has stated on numerous posts that things change in reference to these academies for numerous different reasons beyond anyone’s control.)

That is the information I got directly from the HR rep literally moments prior to making my post. I actually had the forum open when I was talking to her to have information that I wanted clarified based on things people in these forums have posted they’d received, such as individuals being told by someone they were being processed for specific academy classes. She actually said she didn’t know why anyone would be told that because they don’t have people “picked” for specific classes. It’s basically “you get assigned a slot to the next academy if your packet gets completed. First completed, first assigned, which makes perfect sense to me and seems most fair. People who have been in this process for three years deserve a slot as soon as they’re packet clears. And yes, that means in front of people who may work for another agency who already have clearances. If they’re willing to show loyalty to the process, they deserve recognition for that.

Is what the HR rep told me disappointing? Yep. Is it surprising? Nope.

The point of this forum, or at least as I saw it, is to share info with other applicants. I did that because I see some of you are pretty caught up in getting on as soon as possible (rightfully so, mind you). I stumbled into this forum by accident looking for info on the job itself, and after fully reading through this thread and a couple other DI ones, I regret ever doing so. So I’ll be signing off here and going back to blissfully being ignorant of the “process” and waiting to hear OFFICIAL info from the agency instead of blind people leading the blind through it. WAY too much misinformation gets posted, in my opinion.

I mean this sincerely: good luck to all you applicants. Hopefully you’ll get picked up sooner than later.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed