Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KimberlyW732  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:12:20 PM(UTC)
KimberlyW732

Groups: Registered
United States

I received a TO for a position in DC and I am curious about teleworking policies. Does anyone know whether changes were made to HHS' telework policy? I see some articles towards the end of 2018 saying there were proposed changes that would significantly limit teleworking but have not come across more recent information. Looking back at the specific job announcement I applied for, under telework eligible it says "no." Is this 100% accurate or could telework still possibly be approved depending on your supervisor?
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:37:12 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KimberlyW732 Go to Quoted Post
I received a TO for a position in DC and I am curious about teleworking policies. Does anyone know whether changes were made to HHS' telework policy? I see some articles towards the end of 2018 saying there were proposed changes that would significantly limit teleworking but have not come across more recent information. Looking back at the specific job announcement I applied for, under telework eligible it says "no." Is this 100% accurate or could telework still possibly be approved depending on your supervisor?

Telework is typically up to the supervisor unless the agency forbids it completely.

I know several agencies instituted a max of 2 telework days per pay period restriction.

It's possible that the posting was incorrect but you should prepare yourself for zero telework. What is the position? That will determine if it's telework capable in many cases.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed