Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:48:42 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2009(UTC)
Posts: 60

Is a SrCE allowed to tell you pretty much give up? I called a previous srce to ask some questions about a IME . I got a recording and asked him to call me. Instead I got a long letter from him saying pretty much I should let this go and give up my denied widow claim. Although he may have meant to be kind, I find this very inappropriate. Does anyone else think his advice was not ok to give to a claimant?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:52:07 AM(UTC)

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/18/2017(UTC)
Posts: 49
United States
Location: Florida

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would think that this would be a violation of Federal Law.

18 U.S.C. § 1922 False or withheld report concerning Federal employees’ compensation.

Whoever, being an officer or employee of the United States charged with the responsibility for making the reports of the immediate superior specified by section 8120 of Title 5, willfully fails, neglects, or refuses to make any of the reports, or knowingly files a false report, or induces, compels, or directs an injured employee to forego filing of any claim for compensation or other benefits provided under subchapter 1 of chapter 81 of Title 5 [5 U.S.C. §§ 8101 et seq.] or any extension or application thereof, or willfully retains any notice, report, claim, or paper which is required to be filed under that subchapter [5 U.S.C. §§ 8101 et seq.] or any extension or application thereof, or regulations prescribed thereunder, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.328 seconds.