Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
colondres  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:16:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi. I have a quick question. I am receiving benefits for an injury as a Supervisory Transportation Security Officer from an injury on 2003, but I recently completed my studies towards a Law degree, altought I haven’t obtained my Fedearl Bar admission. I want to know what I have to do, do I have to inform it? What are my rights? Thanks.
VW1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: colondres Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I have a quick question. I am receiving benefits for an injury as a Supervisory Transportation Security Officer from an injury on 2003, but I recently completed my studies towards a Law degree, altought I haven’t obtained my Fedearl Bar admission. I want to know what I have to do, do I have to inform it? What are my rights? Thanks.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! When you say you are receiving benefits for an injury from 2003 what do you mean by benefits? Are you getting wage-loss compensation? Did they put you through vocational rehabilitation? Are you getting schedule award payments? Did you take a disability retirement and receiving an annuity?
colondres  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:41:59 AM(UTC)

Hi. I’m receiving wage-loss compensation. They didn’t put me through VR, I paid myself the education, and I chose wage-loss instead of disability retirement, so I haven’t received any annuity. Thanks.
VW1  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Since you are collecting wage-loss compensation you would need to notify them when you obtain employment. If you start off making less than what your compensation is currently paying you, OWCP will pay the difference between your wage-loss compensation and new starting salary. If you start off making more than what you are currently being paid they will stop your wage-loss compensation but will continue to pay any medical associated with your injury. Once your wage-loss compensation is stopped you will want to look into getting an impairment rating done on the injured body part and file for a schedule award.
colondres  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:06:59 PM(UTC)

Thanks!11 One last question, are they responsible for allocating me in a position on my previous agency or any other federal agency suitable to my new academic preparation?
TheRealOrange  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:20:28 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 102 post(s)

This is totally off topic, but what is your reference to "Federal Bar admission"? I understand admission to practice before federal courts, but I was wondering if it was in relation to working at a federal agency. If the latter, all agencies will accept admission to any state bar or the DC bar. If you check USAJobs, all of the attorney positions will include language similar to: "Must possess a J.D. Degree and be admitted to practice law in the highest court of any U.S. state, commonwealth, territory, or the District of Columbia." Not all federal attorney positions require admission to a federal court, as many never practice in court. I only mention this because I didn't want you to think you had to be admitted to a federal court to apply or be selected for federal attorney positions. Best of luck to you.
VW1  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:54:04 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Thanks!11 One last question, are they responsible for allocating me in a position on my previous agency or any other federal agency suitable to my new academic preparation?

Short answer is no.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed