Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

39 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hoocrew  
#381 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:36:48 AM(UTC)
Hoocrew

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you!

It's definitely been a very long process. Feels amazing to be done with it. That background phase really is excruciating... hope it won't be much longer for you.

I'm kind of nervous to be honest but still very excited. Hope you hear something soon and maybe I'll see you in May!

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:38:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ndent5  
#382 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:20:11 AM(UTC)
Ndent5

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, Hoocrew. I know you've been waiting 2+ years and its finally your time! Hoping I'm next and get in for May...going on a year since my background started and 1.5 years since I applied.

Is that pretty normal for the background or was there just some stalls that happened during the process (other than the government shutdown). Any advice on how to prevent stalls so the process is smooth?
Tomato  
#383 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:54:54 AM(UTC)
Tomato

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anybody have insight as to whether CBD or hemp lotions, can be used? I know CBD is supposed to be a great anti inflammatory but I'm not sure how it would go in the application process.
App: 12/31/18
P1: 1/12/19
M&G: ?
CC1014  
#384 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:13:02 AM(UTC)
CC1014

United States

Had the Phase 2 interview today. I did not do as well as I had hoped for. I stumbled over some questions and didn't have examples for some of the questions. Nevertheless, I answered to the best of my ability. I'm at that place where if I pass I would understand why and if I fail, I know exactly where I lost points.Keeping my head high and fingers crossed. I'll update you guys when I get my results.

Good luck to all of you guys in the process right now.
Aardvark  
#385 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:02:58 PM(UTC)
Aardvark

United States

Quick Question.

At what point does the AC contact you? Is it after you fill out additional information or should it have been prior to this? The only emails I have received are from noreply email addresses.

Thanks in advance.
App:2/19
Passed P1:3/19
M&G:4/19
aggievet16  
#386 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:49:04 PM(UTC)
aggievet16

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aardvark Go to Quoted Post
Quick Question.

At what point does the AC contact you? Is it after you fill out additional information or should it have been prior to this? The only emails I have received are from noreply email addresses.

Thanks in advance.

They won't contact you until they have a M&G date for you.
App:9/10/18
P1:9/22/18
MG:11/7/18
P2:1/28/19
P2 Pass:2/15/19
PFT:2/25/19
SI:3/28/19
Pol:4/10/19
Med:5/6/19
VCU_HSEP  
#387 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:08:26 PM(UTC)
VCU_HSEP

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Got ranked competitive yesterday. Feels good to be moving along.

From what I have seen it appears approximately 3 months until phase 2 is completed.
App: 12/30/18
P1: 1/21/19
M&G: 3/7/19
P2 exam: 3/28/19
P2 Interview:4/25/19
PFT: 5/21/19
LadySA2018  
#388 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 3:00:52 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tomato Go to Quoted Post
Does anybody have insight as to whether CBD or hemp lotions, can be used? I know CBD is supposed to be a great anti inflammatory but I'm not sure how it would go in the application process.

I, personally, avoid it. There are claims that there is no THC but you can't be sure and most products have a faint amount. To me, it's not worth the risk when there are other products that accomplish the same goal.
thanks 1 user thanked LadySA2018 for this useful post.
Tomato on 3/15/2019(UTC)
LadySA2018  
#389 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 3:04:42 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ndent5 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, Hoocrew. I know you've been waiting 2+ years and its finally your time! Hoping I'm next and get in for May...going on a year since my background started and 1.5 years since I applied.

Is that pretty normal for the background or was there just some stalls that happened during the process (other than the government shutdown). Any advice on how to prevent stalls so the process is smooth?

There is absolutely no way to predict it. On paper, I have a perfectly easy background. In theory, it should have been done months ago and at my M&G, my AC said I would probably get into last September's class. Other then the gov shutdown, they are understaffed at HQ, so that delays some backgrounds. Just hang tight and provide information quickly if they ask for it. Be prepared for a longer wait than you would expect, then if its shorter, it will be a nice surprise!
thanks 1 user thanked LadySA2018 for this useful post.
Tomato on 3/15/2019(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#390 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 5:12:48 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VCU_HSEP Go to Quoted Post

From what I have seen it appears approximately 3 months until phase 2 is completed.

Damn, I had my M&G a month before you and am still waiting on a ranking. Glad your FO is moving along though! Will be interested to see when your phase 2 interview is scheduled for.

Applied : 12/11
P1 invite: 12/19
P1 test: 12/22
Additional Info: 1/2
M&G: 2/8
Ranking: 3/25
Writing: 4/9
Panel: 6/4
Tomato  
#391 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 5:30:57 AM(UTC)
Tomato

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: 1995JeepCherokee Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VCU_HSEP Go to Quoted Post

Damn, I had my M&G a month before you and am still waiting on a ranking. Glad your FO is moving along though! Will be interested to see when your phase 2 interview is scheduled for.

I'm in the same boat. Maybe they're so intrigued by our applications they're just sitting on them for the sheer awe of it? HAHA just kidding. They had quite a lot of applicants come through my FO, so my best guess is they need quite a bit of time to go through all of them thoroughly. We were told not to expect to interview until end of April, as they only had one interview date per month and the February and March were basically filled or about to be filled. I think you should hear something by next Friday for sure.
App: 12/31/18
P1: 1/12/19
M&G: ?
1995JeepCherokee  
#392 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 5:42:03 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

I'm in the same boat. Maybe they're so intrigued by our applications they're just sitting on them for the sheer awe of it? HAHA just kidding. They had quite a lot of applicants come through my FO, so my best guess is they need quite a bit of time to go through all of them thoroughly. We were told not to expect to interview until end of April, as they only had one interview date per month and the February and March were basically filled or about to be filled. I think you should hear something by next Friday for sure.

Hah! Yeah they're probably doing some due diligence on our resumes to make sure we weren't lying because of how impressive they are. I was told we don't have dates in my area until June so I'm sure mine is pushed back for that reason. My M&G was 51 people and the one in March is/was supposed to be over 70 so I bet they'll submit all of those at once to figure out who to bring in for Phase 2 in June.

Given how far away my Phase 2 would hypothetically be I'm prepared to wait another month or more maybe. Only time will tell!

Jackshack  
#393 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 7:54:54 AM(UTC)
Jackshack

Hah! Yeah they're probably doing some due diligence on our resumes to make sure we weren't lying because of how impressive they are. I was told we don't have dates in my area until June so I'm sure mine is pushed back for that reason. My M&G was 51 people and the one in March is/was supposed to be over 70 so I bet they'll submit all of those at once to figure out who to bring in for Phase 2 in June.

Given how far away my Phase 2 would hypothetically be I'm prepared to wait another month or more maybe. Only time will tell!

I would imagine the individuals getting quick callbacks would be considered "most competitive" and those that take longer and make the cut would be competitive.
Ezhikus  
#394 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 8:14:26 AM(UTC)
Ezhikus

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Hi all, and good luck getting to Q! I m new here. Hopefully I am posting this to the right thread.
Anyway, I have a question and I hope to get some opinions. I just turned 36. In March 13th I had my phase 1 assessment and sadly I failed. I got email that I may be eligible to retake the test. I am very sad that i fail, i really was getting ready but i guess not good enough. I really want the second chance. But will it make sense to try as the age limit is 37? It looks like the process is very long.
Just fyi I applied 02/10/2019, my phase 1 test was March 13th.
cmefly  
#395 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 8:47:24 AM(UTC)
cmefly

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the process of moving during the recruiting process?

More than likely it looks like I will be moving, which I just found out today.

I'm up to my Phase 2 interview in a few days.

I think I would have to move my local F/O to my new location, but just wanted to know what other people have experienced when they've moved and the change in the field office?

Please DM me =)

Thank you in advance!

Edited by user Friday, March 15, 2019 8:48:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ratigan  
#396 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
Ratigan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ezhikus Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, and good luck getting to Q! I m new here. Hopefully I am posting this to the right thread.
Anyway, I have a question and I hope to get some opinions. I just turned 36. In March 13th I had my phase 1 assessment and sadly I failed. I got email that I may be eligible to retake the test. I am very sad that i fail, i really was getting ready but i guess not good enough. I really want the second chance. But will it make sense to try as the age limit is 37? It looks like the process is very long.

My understanding is that you are eligible to retest after 90 days, which would mean that assuming you take your second Phase I test exactly 90 days from your failed test, you would have 9 months from then to get to Quantico (since you must begin training before your 37th birthday). That's a very tight timeline. However, I was told in my M&G that the timeline is significantly shorter now due to their recruiting push, and that some people may be in Quantico as little as 6 months after their M&G. So it's not absolutely impossible, but I'd temper your expectations.
thanks 1 user thanked Ratigan for this useful post.
Ezhikus on 3/15/2019(UTC)
kingdiya  
#397 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 10:30:25 AM(UTC)
kingdiya

United States

Originally Posted by: CC1014 Go to Quoted Post
Had the Phase 2 interview today. I did not do as well as I had hoped for. I stumbled over some questions and didn't have examples for some of the questions. Nevertheless, I answered to the best of my ability. I'm at that place where if I pass I would understand why and if I fail, I know exactly where I lost points.Keeping my head high and fingers crossed. I'll update you guys when I get my results.

Good luck to all of you guys in the process right now.

Do you have idea when you will be getting your phase 2 result.?
kingdiya  
#398 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 10:38:03 AM(UTC)
kingdiya

United States

Originally Posted by: Ezhikus Go to Quoted Post

If its something you really want to do, why stop, if you keep trying and get a chance to meet with your FO you can explain your situations to them and who know they might be able to work with you.
thanks 1 user thanked kingdiya for this useful post.
Ezhikus on 3/15/2019(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee  
#399 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 10:42:28 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Originally Posted by: Jackshack Go to Quoted Post
I would imagine the individuals getting quick callbacks would be considered "most competitive" and those that take longer and make the cut would be competitive.

I think that's normally a fair assumption. However someone posted that they were told by an AC that they changed the ranking to either be competitive or not so not sure if there is still competitive and most competitive. Also I reached out to my AC last week and they said they hadn't sent any applications to HQ yet.

So, who knows how things are working, haha. I'm always trying to analyze people's posts and figure out some magic formula to estimate how exactly the process works and when things happen but I think it's just always different.

Anyways, my application processing status updated a couple hours ago so planning on hearing something back soon. If you're correct I guess that's a good sign since my AC's only would have sent my group's apps to HQ mid-last week.
Jackshack  
#400 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 12:26:43 PM(UTC)
Jackshack

Originally Posted by: Jackshack Go to Quoted Post

I think that's normally a fair assumption. However someone posted that they were told by an AC that they changed the ranking to either be competitive or not so not sure if there is still competitive and most competitive. Also I reached out to my AC last week and they said they hadn't sent any applications to HQ yet.

So, who knows how things are working, haha. I'm always trying to analyze people's posts and figure out some magic formula to estimate how exactly the process works and when things happen but I think it's just always different.

Anyways, my application processing status updated a couple hours ago so planning on hearing something back soon. If you're correct I guess that's a good sign since my AC's only would have sent my group's apps to HQ mid-last week.

I would assume they did away with the "most competitive/competitive" ranking and moved towards just competitive for applicants, however, in-house they probably still use signifiers to distinguish applicants.

Any idea as to why they have waited so long to send your packet to HQ?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed