Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndersonGR  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 10:41:09 AM(UTC)
AndersonGR

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

DOL stopped my normal payments to pay me for a scheduled award around the 1st week of January. They said the Scheduled Award would be for 18 and 1/2 weeks at a certain rate. Since it's been 8 weeks since they stopped the normal payments are they going to wait 18 and 1/2 weeks and pay me in a lump sum? Or should they have started the scheduled award payments every 4 weeks. I talked to my worker's comp person from my Headquarters and she couldn't give me any answer other than they will be paying me a scheduled award.

Gary

Edited by user Friday, March 8, 2019 10:42:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Another Day in Paradise!
edalder  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 4:29:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 164 post(s)
You really should have been on the payroll for February, even if the first payment was for 4 weeks. Looks like OWCP missed, the PR cutoff date for Feb, so you probably will get a back payment for seven to nine weeks versus one for two or three weeks, followed by a four weekly one. Then you are lucky, you got one regular four weekly payment, and then a much smaller finally payment for the remainder of the scheduled award, probably one or two weeks, at most, in early April.

You should get an award notice explaining the exact terms of your scheduled award.

It may be time to involve your elected representative, such as your Congressman/woman.
Kivi
AndersonGR  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:56:06 AM(UTC)
AndersonGR

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: edalder Go to Quoted Post
You really should have been on the payroll for February, even if the first payment was for 4 weeks. Looks like OWCP missed, the PR cutoff date for Feb, so you probably will get a back payment for seven to nine weeks versus one for two or three weeks, followed by a four weekly one. Then you are lucky, you got one regular four weekly payment, and then a much smaller finally payment for the remainder of the scheduled award, probably one or two weeks, at most, in early April.

You should get an award notice explaining the exact terms of your scheduled award.

It may be time to involve your elected representative, such as your Congressman/woman.

Kivi,

Thanks for your reply and assistance.

I talked to my Workers Comp rep at DLA HQ's and she said I should hear something from them by the end of the month. She actually sent me a phone number to call at DOL if I don't hear from them by then.

Gary

Edited by user Monday, March 25, 2019 5:47:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Another Day in Paradise!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed