Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endless Summer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 9:35:50 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ruger1911 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I searched and didn't see anything like my situation, most people don't turn away money I guess.

Disability says they have money they owe me in benefits that they were unable to pay me because I closed my checking account "security" and I never updated the direct deposit. Well, this wound up stopping them from paying Medicare that's how I found out.

My understanding is I can't take this money an I don't want it cause I don't need to turn around a pay something back I can't afford and I can't afford DOL not paying me my benefits because I accepted the check.

What do I do?

Am I right Does DOL penalize you for other resources of income, like if I get 200.00 do they deduct 200.00 in my pay?

I need your help the money would be nice but not if it costs me triple!

Thanks

To ask the obvious question... Why don't you ask the DOL? Do you trust the random internet guy more than them?

If you're concerned, you could always accept the money and not spend it for 12 months until you're convinced that all is well.
ruger1911  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 9:49:59 AM(UTC)
ruger1911

United States

Because I have nothing better to do this Saturday than ask useless questions until both Agencies open Monday. So, until then I will continue to be a keyboard Pirate like yourself, but thank you for your input and pointing out the obvious Captain.
Endless Summer  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 9:55:33 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Because I have nothing better to do this Saturday than ask useless questions until both Agencies open Monday. So, until then I will continue to be a keyboard Pirate like yourself, but thank you for your input and pointing out the obvious Captain.

well, at least we understand each other.

Bon voyage!
ex-military  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 3:42:03 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 82 post(s)
My question was going to be "What kind of stupid does one have to be to close an account into which DD is actively depositing?" After seeing your response to Endless Summer, I now understand.
ruger1911  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 5:52:26 AM(UTC)
ruger1911

United States

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong point! It clearly stated “security” in the post. Go pound salt!

Respectfully,
Ruger1911
ex-military  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 6:37:11 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong point! It clearly stated “security” in the post. Go pound salt!

Respectfully,
Ruger1911

My comprehension is quite good, actually. You stated you had an account "security" (whatever the hell "security" means), that a DD was going into. You closed said account without updating your DD first. That is 10 different kinds of stupid right there. Your attitude is terrible.
Endless Summer  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 3:37:16 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: ex-military Go to Quoted Post

Respectfully,
Ruger1911

My comprehension is quite good, actually. You stated you had an account "security" (whatever the hell "security" means), that a DD was going into. You closed said account without updating your DD first. That is 10 different kinds of stupid right there. Your attitude is terrible.

Yeah, what's wrong with you, you can't understand plain gibberish?

Disability says they have money they owe me in benefits that they were unable to pay me because I closed my checking account "security" and I never updated the direct deposit.
OldGoatTom  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:36:59 AM(UTC)
OldGoatTom

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ex-military Go to Quoted Post

Respectfully,
Ruger1911

Yeah, what's wrong with you, you can't understand plain gibberish?

Disability says they have money they owe me in benefits that they were unable to pay me because I closed my checking account "security" and I never updated the direct deposit.

This thread is hilarious! Too bad Ruger ran out of bullets.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed