Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mountaincobra1971  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:55:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I am a Team Lead for a small group of 5 employees and was told that contractor support has been reduced to 3. Without even asking me, the parent company told me that to keep the customer happy my position and another have been cut. My issue is that if I am on the ground with 5 people and all of us fall under the same job position, then as the contract lead shouldn't I have been asked if the team was reduced from 5 to 3, could the others pickup other work and still satisfy the customers needs. I feel the customer and the COR being one in the same should have just simply said, lead contractor figure out who can do what to satisfy the contract. The best qualified contractor being myself was cut versus 3 less qualified people.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:32:22 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 785 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mountaincobra1971 Go to Quoted Post
I am a Team Lead for a small group of 5 employees and was told that contractor support has been reduced to 3. Without even asking me, the parent company told me that to keep the customer happy my position and another have been cut. My issue is that if I am on the ground with 5 people and all of us fall under the same job position, then as the contract lead shouldn't I have been asked if the team was reduced from 5 to 3, could the others pickup other work and still satisfy the customers needs. I feel the customer and the COR being one in the same should have just simply said, lead contractor figure out who can do what to satisfy the contract. The best qualified contractor being myself was cut versus 3 less qualified people.
Were you all paid the same? Or were he two that were cut the ones making the highest rates of pay? Often companies will cut their expenses when they are told by the agency that they only need 3 people...then the 3 they keep are the least expensive ones (to them...they probably bill you all at the same rate to the agency!).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
10years2retire  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:57:10 AM(UTC)
10years2retire

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Ah the days when I was a contractor! Your lucky they even let you know ahead of time, many places they just lock out your access card and someone meets you at the entrance of the office building and tells ya that you don't work here any more.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed