Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Muhdoerves  
#181 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 2:08:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Badfish5446 Go to Quoted Post

Is it acceptable to take a second job while I endure the BI process?

yes. conditional job offers are conditional. if they run out of slots or you don’t pass security screening, you’re SOL.

I think that the NSA does count work experience when calculating the FJO, but that’s a better question for your recruiter.
druman  
#182 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:09:02 PM(UTC)
druman

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: druman Go to Quoted Post
My timeline thus far....

2/18 applied
7/18 contacted for phone interview
7/18 contacted for formal interview (never had phone interview)
8/18 formal interview
10/18 CJO & accepted offer
12/18 eqip forms rcvd & sent

Just waiting now for my Poly & psych exam dates, but not sure if my BI has even started yet.

GL to all

So, just an update. Finally had my poly and psychological/assessment exams. I failed the poly (or it came back inconclusive), which i don’t understand. I haven’t heard anything regarding my psych exam, so I’m guessing no news is good news, but feel really upset about the poly and not sure why i failed. I go back the 2nd of April to take a 2nd poly, so i guess that’s something positive. Still trying to stay positive though, and hoping the first poly doesn’t ruin my chances.

Update again...

Passed my 2nd poly, after an excruciating integrity poly exam :whew: i was told by my recruiter that i would hear something in 6-12 weeks, maybe sooner, maybe longer. Dont know if that will be for a FJO, or a background investigator though.

Edited by user Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:10:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked druman for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 4/5/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 4/5/2019(UTC)
Hampton121  
#183 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 4:44:59 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Just took my USA hire assessments few days ago. They were very hard, but here's my timeline so far

Applied 3/2019
USA assessment 4/2019
interview ???? no idea
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
druman on 4/5/2019(UTC)
Taylor Swift  
#184 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 3:49:49 PM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After about 2 months, finally got a response from my Senator. Confirmed what I expected that they're focused on my foreign travel and contacts, saying "individuals with extensive foreign connections like Ms. Swift generally...extend the security process length." Seems like a form letter, but hopefully if there were any snags, things are moving again deep in the bureaucracy. Well over a year since they started, and about a year since I last had any contact with an investigator, so hopefully something happens soon.
thanks 1 user thanked Taylor Swift for this useful post.
TheodoreRex on 7/25/2019(UTC)
TrinitySix  
#185 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 10:17:51 AM(UTC)
TrinitySix

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I can't tell from the archive history, but maybe things have been deleted and a current poster will remember if it has ever come up:

Does an existing ts/sci clearance help at all with abridging the timeline for the background investigation?

I'm guessing it does not since I have to redo my sf86 in eqip. I knew there was no reciprocity per se but I was hoping at least some of it wouldn't have to be done over again. Last time it took them months to come up with a contractor to go talk to my Midwestern university far from a large city. And then promptly freaked out the academics, who I'd notified that someone would come out but not that that someone would be super ultra extra dramatic about it. Not great to put them all on the X again so soon.

Any insights welcome. I just got my cjo; my most recent investigation was in 2017. It took about a year. I also had significant overseas travel.
velcroTech  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:36:01 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 32 post(s)
There were tons of interns at AJ yesterday. Anyone there?
velcroTech  
#187 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:38:05 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: TrinitySix Go to Quoted Post
I can't tell from the archive history, but maybe things have been deleted and a current poster will remember if it has ever come up:

Does an existing ts/sci clearance help at all with abridging the timeline for the background investigation?

I'm guessing it does not since I have to redo my sf86 in eqip. I knew there was no reciprocity per se but I was hoping at least some of it wouldn't have to be done over again. Last time it took them months to come up with a contractor to go talk to my Midwestern university far from a large city. And then promptly freaked out the academics, who I'd notified that someone would come out but not that that someone would be super ultra extra dramatic about it. Not great to put them all on the X again so soon.

Any insights welcome. I just got my cjo; my most recent investigation was in 2017. It took about a year. I also had significant overseas travel.

It does help, if you have a TS/SCI with DoD. They did not have to conduct a BI, but eQip and all that other stuff is conducted.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
TrinitySix on 4/15/2019(UTC)
Hampton121  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:10:29 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

What is AJ?
velcroTech  
#189 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:26:58 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

What is AJ?

Annapolis Junction
Hampton121  
#190 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:29:35 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
09/18 - Applied
09/18 - Request to schedule testing
09/18 - Took test
10/18 - Interview. Told that I would be recommended for CJO
11/18 - Phone call from HR to confirm info and informed that I have CJO pending
11/18 - Call from recruiter with salary info and formal verbal offer
11/18 - Written CJO/eqip
11/18 - Sent in transcripts
12/18 - Email from security for extra info.
1/19 - soft credit pull
3/19 - called my recruiter. my security forms are on hold. I was told to call back again in about a month.

late 3/19 - asked to re-provide information that I provided in 12/18
4/19 - called my recruiter. They said that I've been released to take the poly and to keep my eyes open for an email.

Hoping I get the email with a hard date soon and/or hear from the investigators.

I have a few promising interviews lined up at other companies and I'd like to negotiate the time off for poly/psych as a "pre-planned vacation" (of course, assuming that I actually get an offer with one of these private companies lol).

Even a little movement is good movement, I suppose.

When you were requested to schedule testing was it that USA Hire Assessment or an actual NSA test?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:30:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muhdoerves  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:38:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

When you were requested to schedule testing was it that USA Hire Assessment or an actual NSA test?

It was a proctored Pearson VUE test. The one that I took checked for my technical literacy and also for my reasoning skills.
What did the USA Hire Assessment cover?

Hampton121  
#192 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:41:18 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

That USA Hire covered matrixes and patterns and behavioral assessments.
someoldguy  
#193 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:33:33 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 776 post(s)
I've been released to take the poly
Have not heard that phrasing before... I guess that is necessary before being scheduled?

Some other folks here report waiting an awful long time to even be scheduled, much less the actual Day of Destiny (cue ominous music)

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Muhdoerves  
#194 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:56:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Have not heard that phrasing before... I guess that is necessary before being scheduled?

Some other folks here report waiting an awful long time to even be scheduled, much less the actual Day of Destiny (cue ominous music)

Hahahha I could have phrased it better. That’s what happens when you make forum posts before you finish your coffee. ;)

But yeah, long story short, apparently your forms need to approved by security before they pass you on to a scheduler.
LDomino  
#195 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:48:18 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

Hahahha I could have phrased it better. That’s what happens when you make forum posts before you finish your coffee. ;)

But yeah, long story short, apparently your forms need to approved by security before they pass you on to a scheduler.

Hey Porgy, congrats on moving forward to the poly stage. Since you haven't been waiting years for that to happen I'm guessing you're not going for a language analyst position?
Muhdoerves  
#196 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:17:23 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post

Hey Porgy, congrats on moving forward to the poly stage. Since you haven't been waiting years for that to happen I'm guessing you're not going for a language analyst position?

Thanks. Still a long road ahead, and no guarantee for a job, though.

You’re correct, I’m going for a technical role. I wish I could speak another language fluently. heh.

I’ve read this thread and the other threads enough to put together that the language analysts have a hard time of it, which is why I made that statement earlier.
LDomino  
#197 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:03:13 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Did anyone catch the "Debunking the NSA Security Clearance Process (Spring 2019)" info session today? I couldn't get Adobe Connect to work in time, but was curious if the session discussed anything interesting that might apply to us folks stuck in the backlog.
Taylor Swift  
#198 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:01:27 PM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

Did anyone catch the "Debunking the NSA Security Clearance Process (Spring 2019)" info session today? I couldn't get Adobe Connect to work in time, but was curious if the session discussed anything interesting that might apply to us folks stuck in the backlog.

Where did you hear about this thing? I would have loved to take a look at that
druman  
#199 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:10:49 AM(UTC)
druman

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I attended it. It was interesting, but no real info then what we prob already know. Some things i got from it were that when you meet with the investigator to go over your sf86 forms, that’s your “final” time to get everything correct before the BI starts researching ya. Also that when the Background Investigation starts, could take 9-12 months, depending on foreign contact, foreign travel, divorcees, address changes and so forth. Also they will be contacting people that you associate with that arent on your sf86 forms. They want to get a good idea of who they are hiring. They want a “snapshot” of your life, and how you are as “a person”. That’s all i can really say i got from the seminar. The other stuff was just the process, (operational interview, COJ, filling out the sf86 forms, polygraph/psychological exams) and then how long it could take to get a FJO and EOD. Hoping everyone can get out of waiting soon. I know i am anxious to get there myself lol.

Also to add, i found out about it by following the NSA page on Facebook.

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:28:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added a note.

Taylor Swift  
#200 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

could take 9-12 months

LOL, getting up near 15 and I know LDomino is even longer, how can they even say things like that with a straight face

i found out about it by following the NSA page on Facebook.

Idk about you but I've read that's one thing you're not supposed to do when applying to work at 3-letters

Rss Feed  Atom Feed