Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
waitingOutSequester  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:03:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FatHappyCat Go to Quoted Post
the President granting clearances to family members over the objection of career feds. One outrageous behavior doesn't excuse another.

Granting clearances over the objections of career feds is not outrageous. What is outrageous is insubordination from career feds who repeatedly refuse to follow lawful directions from their superiors.
Endless Summer  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:37:47 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 169 post(s)
Originally Posted by: waitingOutSequester Go to Quoted Post
the President granting clearances to family members over the objection of career feds. One outrageous behavior doesn't excuse another.

Granting clearances over the objections of career feds is not outrageous. What is outrageous is insubordination from career feds who repeatedly refuse to follow lawful directions from their superiors.

And what is even more outrageous is Federal employees abusing their power to carry out their own political agenda in an attempt to nullify a democratic election. Absolutely terrifying when the abusers are senior executives of law enforcement and intelligence agencies. What is this, Guatemala?

You lost folks, get over it... it's gonna happen again.
frankgonzalez  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 3:48:43 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 993 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
...The report I saw said 1 was overridden in the 3 years prior to this administration.

So...1 vs 25 (that we are aware of)

You are comparing apples to bowling balls, let's see if we can come up with some criteria that will let us make an unbiased observation...

For this administration and the past three administrations, let's examine the first 24 months of the respective President's first term. We want to capture:

The total number of applications for the appropriate clearance level.
The total number of applications that were denied, along with the reasons for denial.
The total number of denials that were overturned.

Even this will not give us a true picture since the process seems to be open to the whim of the adjudicator to a certain extent.

If I told you I'd only gotten one speeding ticket in the past ten years it would not be accurate for you to assume that I rarely drive, rarely speed, or that I have only been pulled over once for speeding in that timeframe. Likewise, it would be inaccurate to assume that I am a very safe and conscientious driver when the fact may be that I've only been behind the wheel twice in that timeframe and my ticket to driving episodes is 50%.
I agree that info for direct comparison would be useful. So...as you are claiming this is not a big deal, perhaps providing that info for us would be nice to show us that this is not unusual behavior.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
FatHappyCat  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:31:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 91 post(s)

If you can't see what the issue is with the President granting clearances to family members over career feds with concerns that very few, if any, of the underlying issues were mitigated, there's nothing really more for me to say. Don't mistake what is legal and what is right; just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right.

GWPDA  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 6:08:55 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 414 post(s)
Quite often recently, it hasn't even been legal.... See, offering a bribe to a federal employee as a means to violate the law..... We're well over the edge now.
Endless Summer  
#26 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:35:24 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
...I agree that info for direct comparison would be useful. So...as you are claiming this is not a big deal, perhaps providing that info for us would be nice to show us that this is not unusual behavior.

Go back and reread my posts. I'm not claiming it is or isn't a big deal, I'm claiming the data is sloppy and proves nothing. I already know the data is useless, I don't need to prove it to myself.

And I'm fortunate to live in a world where the accused is not required to prove his innocence, the State has the burden of proving his guilt.
Endless Summer  
#27 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

If you can't see what the issue is with the President granting clearances to family members over career feds with concerns that very few, if any, of the underlying issues were mitigated, there's nothing really more for me to say. Don't mistake what is legal and what is right; just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right.

Again, show me that this represents unusual behavior and I'll be standing in Dupont Circle with a sign calling him out for it. Just because you hate the accused, that doesn't make them guilty.

and I really don't think you want to try to legislate morality, but there are countries that have and you can try them out.
Endless Summer  
#28 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:41:58 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
Quite often recently, it hasn't even been legal.... See, offering a bribe to a federal employee as a means to violate the law..... We're well over the edge now.

and the plural of "anecdote" is not "data"

Mark Twain said it best... "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
waitingOutSequester  
#29 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:41:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)

How do you know the President's family members had concerns, where very few, if any, of the underlying issues were mitigated? The only way you could know that is if someone is illegally violated the Privacy Act: either Newbold herself or the Democratic Congressmen and their staff. Either way, the Privacy Act violations are the real scandal here.
GWPDA  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:50:43 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 414 post(s)
"and the plural of "anecdote" is not "data""

No. But first person, witness testimony is.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed