Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stelvy40  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 2:00:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone have any good nepotism stories?? Such as a soop hiring her bf slappy son and letting him steal time playing with his phone,falling asleep in the truck bacause he's a cokehead, or having a rollaway accident @ 630pm on a Sunday because he was playing with his phone/fell asleep with the truck in neutral?? How about union/mgmt incest stories?? Like the one where the union president's son in law magically goes from cca to 85k postmaster in two years...And you wonder why the place is going outta business
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 2:10:30 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2866 time(s) in 2262 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stelvy40 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any good nepotism stories?? Such as a soop hiring her bf slappy son and letting him steal time playing with his phone,falling asleep in the truck bacause he's a cokehead, or having a rollaway accident @ 630pm on a Sunday because he was playing with his phone/fell asleep with the truck in neutral?? How about union/mgmt incest stories?? Like the one where the union president's son in law magically goes from cca to 85k postmaster in two years...And you wonder why the place is going outta business

don't understand why you called it "feel good"

I have way too many to list and none of them are feel good.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Hannah Blecter  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 2:19:40 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1189 time(s) in 805 post(s)
We had a supervisor who drooled over a scab. He would excitedly meet her at the back door (she is often late) when she was a utility carrier to tell her he was able to switch her from one of the harder routes to one of the easiest routes that day. When I was the regular on the all-walking route on her swing she carried it less than 10% of the days she was assigned to it. He always gave her the easiest assignments when doling out pivots, also. He would step on his tongue when approaching her. He couldn't step on anything else because he is a pussy.

One supervisor changed her boyfriend carrier's route so he would have mostly curbside. A boyfriend of another supervisor was given penalty time while other carriers were available on overtime. Mgmt also changed the days off on a route, thus creating a better overtime environment for that boyfriend. A PM tried to fire a clerk for disparaging the "service" (nyuknyuk) because a relative of a supervisor overheard the clerk telling someone she saw the PM and supervisor having sex in the office.
Hannah Blecter  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 3:15:41 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blecter

Was thanked: 1189 time(s) in 805 post(s)
There is a lot of nepotism from my experience in the USPS. Many of God's favorite children become azzhole abusive managers.

Well, I just have those managers' word for that. God does not speak to me like he seems to them. But they pass on that he sent them to us.
pse_frustrated  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:48:45 PM(UTC)
pse_frustrated

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is it just the offices under my postmaster or is everyone related everywhere? And I wonder how that really works considering hiring is supposed to be based on merit (test scores).

I do work in an office with my 2nd cousin, though I never realized it until I was moved there and saw him. The first thing he said to me was, "The worst choice you ever made was coming to work here." Frustration, apparently, runs in the family.
WorkingTitle3484  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:08:25 AM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Get a hobby.
Quote:
Punch in, do the work, punch out, go home. In other words, get paid. Anything else is silly BS.
postalvet  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:04:30 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: WorkingTitle3484 Go to Quoted Post
Get a hobby.

postal management was my hobby while I was working at the post office. :)
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Warehouse Guy  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 9:29:59 AM(UTC)
Warehouse Guy

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Get a hobby.

Wait.....reading the postal forum isnt a hobby? Does it count as a hobby if I don't work at the post office?
Stelvy40  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 6:14:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Get a hobby.
What U mean get a hobby?? Seems like posting on here is your hobby. The way the place is run isn't sustainable. And coming from my former job at another shipping company with rules against nepotism and a strong union, I find the union/management relationship troubling. They need to trim the fat and at least break even so all of the hard workers can have job security down the road. Are you a hard worker or are you The Fat??? #Zingaro

Ar509  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:24:52 AM(UTC)
Ar509

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Our PM is the cousin of our POOM’s wife. She was hired for this job even though she’s incompetent and everyone knows it. She’s on her second suspension from our office in the last year alone, but the POOM keeps insisting she be brought back in here because of him playing favorites. Fun times.
LeroyToliver  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:14:26 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Sister works in the Chicago district and says that half the work force from the lowest CCA to Post Master, Unions and Inspection Service are all related in one way or another and nepotism runs every nook and crannie of that city. Keep in mind this is the city that a Congressman had to sue in order to open hiring to people of more than one race in the late 90's. This isnt surprising in a city that is notorious for running things this way in every public sector. Here in Washington it is getting pretty bad as well. My only question to these people is, why are you bringing your children into the USPS when you know full well where this ship is going? Did'nt your federal salary allow you to provide them with enough of an education to stay clear of this Iceberg magnet?
postalvet  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:22:02 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Originally Posted by: LeroyToliver Go to Quoted Post
My only question to these people is, why are you bringing your children into the USPS when you know full well where this ship is going?

in managements eyes this place will be around for a while longer. and if they get everyone into management they believe they will get a nice reward from whoever takes it over anyway.

remember postal management has a strange way of thinking.

LeroyToliver  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
We had a supervisor who drooled over a scab. He would excitedly meet her at the back door (she is often late) when she was a utility carrier to tell her he was able to switch her from one of the harder routes to one of the easiest routes that day. When I was the regular on the all-walking route on her swing she carried it less than 10% of the days she was assigned to it. He always gave her the easiest assignments when doling out pivots, also. He would step on his tongue when approaching her. He couldn't step on anything else because he is a pussy.

One supervisor changed her boyfriend carrier's route so he would have mostly curbside. A boyfriend of another supervisor was given penalty time while other carriers were available on overtime. Mgmt also changed the days off on a route, thus creating a better overtime environment for that boyfriend. A PM tried to fire a clerk for disparaging the "service" (nyuknyuk) because a relative of a supervisor overheard the clerk telling someone she saw the PM and supervisor having sex in the office.

This is why the ship is sinking despite a literal monopoly. The OIG has failed miserably at providing some type of oversight, program, incentives, for postal employees affected by this to help the USPS purge the entire system. Any involved should be pulled and disqualified from any management position and HR should have extensive screening for insider hiring. The idea of family working together seems great until you realize what it has created and how much it costs the service each year. My sister says her station averages about 1/2 a tub to a full tub of flats per route (15 minutes work) along with about 2-4 inches of letters ( another 15 minutes) and just about every carrier in her station within the aforementioned clique takes about 3-4 hours to get out of the office, a right exclusive to just these groups.

God forbid they should get 2 whole tubs of flats, that would require help or a couple of hours of overtime. God forbid they aren't allowed to case the thousands of pre-sequenced DPS letters with the half dozen pieces of mail per block in their case. I would start by immediately removing any member of management who is caught looking the other way on these small issues, but that will never happen when the sheriff you call is the clique. Surprise inspections by a team flown in from across the country and hand picked by someone here in DC with no connections to anyone in the tested area and absolutely no heads up of their sudden arrival. I say about 100 or so managers and supervisors punching in as CCA's the next day would send a clear message to all others.
thanks 1 user thanked LeroyToliver for this useful post.
Hannah Blecter on 4/21/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed