Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Commerce

The Commerce Department's mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. It is comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection. They include:

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
USMC_INET  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:04:54 AM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

The Census Bureau is hiring for Los Angeles but it's time-limited until September 2020.

Since I qualify for VRA, VEOA, and 30% DAV, would they keep my position due to RIF?

Thank you.

DroneBee  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2019 3:08:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I think you are confusing two things - a time-limited position could be temp or term. If this is only until 9/2020, then that's it - the position ends. If the position can be extended, then that may have a different outcome. A reduction in force (RIF) is different and is used to eliminate (usually) permanent positions. If you applied for a Census position that states: "This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 09/30/2020. This appointment may be extended or terminated earlier at the discretion of management" then, based upon your work, you could be extended for more time or terminated (if you do poorly). Without more information, this is the best I can help. God Bless.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
USMC_INET on 5/9/2019(UTC)
USMC_INET  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 7:29:22 PM(UTC)
USMC_INET

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: DroneBee Go to Quoted Post
I think you are confusing two things - a time-limited position could be temp or term. If this is only until 9/2020, then that's it - the position ends. If the position can be extended, then that may have a different outcome. A reduction in force (RIF) is different and is used to eliminate (usually) permanent positions. If you applied for a Census position that states: "This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 09/30/2020. This appointment may be extended or terminated earlier at the discretion of management" then, based upon your work, you could be extended for more time or terminated (if you do poorly). Without more information, this is the best I can help. God Bless.

I thought RIF can save me from my position ending. I suppose timing would need to be on my side for a permanent job vacancy with the Census to open up and I get selected for it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed