Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rob0225  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:06:20 PM(UTC)
rob0225

Groups: Registered
United States

I am current government contractor with SECRET (SAP). Have received and accepted tentative offer, position requires a TS. Going through the process now. Had my personal interview a bit over a month ago. Every couple weeks or so someone will call and say they just spoke with the investigator so I know it's in process. Nothing in my background, no surprises.

I know sometimes these can take a very long time. Especially considering the position is with one of the new CFTs under Futures Command. No way they can wait 4-6 months to fill the position. DO they or would a new organization like this have any juice to speed it up? Or it is what it is? Would they have any priority for clearances?

Thanks,

Robert
BackGdInvestigator  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:44:12 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 79 post(s)
How to juice an investigation is the golden goose question.

Everyone wants/needs their/team members' clearances completed now. The interim process is the process Agencies used to decide how critical the access is for an individual. The fact is that when every case is a priority, nothing is a priority and this is becoming the new normal.

Despite what many believe in Washington and the industry, a background investigation is not like baking a cake where you toss in all the ingredients and bake for 45 minutes at 375. They are like building a custom motorcycle where all the parts are not immediately available and any missing piece could cause a serious, perhaps deadly, crash later on.

Asking for help to speed up your BI after submitting the SF86 unfortunately late in the game. You have the most control to help the process during the eQIp submission process.

Good luck, having the Subject interview completed is the biggest step in the field work process for TS.

*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 4/29/2019(UTC)
rob0225  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:23:40 PM(UTC)
rob0225

United States

Just notified this past Tuesday I was awarded an interim SCI. Now just waiting on final offer. Should I notify HR of the clearance or do they get a notification as well?
JustFedUp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 8:44:04 AM(UTC)
JustFedUp

United States

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rob0225 Go to Quoted Post
Just notified this past Tuesday I was awarded an interim SCI. Now just waiting on final offer. Should I notify HR of the clearance or do they get a notification as well?

Leave nothing to chance. Contact HR and have them verify your interim with their SSO in JPAS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed