Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

70 Pages«<4142434445>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbr  
#841 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:25:42 AM(UTC)
rbrow018

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nofacenoname Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rbr Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know how long it takes for your applicant status to update on the website? I didn't make it past phase 2 but my status still shows I'm at phase 2. Last status update shows about an hour before I received an update from HQ telling me I didn't make it. Does it just stay stuck on phase 2 forever or does it eventually close out?

That application will continue to say phase II. If this was your first time trying, you will be eligible to resubmit an application a year from now. You will have to start from the Meet and Greet and go through the process again. A lot of people fail P2 and pass it upon retesting as it is easier knowing what to expect. To answer your question, it will say P2 on the dashboard going forward.

That's strange seeing as you would always have an "active" application considering I can withdraw it. Does it matter if I withdraw this application then reapply? I'd think they close you out once you fail a section but guess not.

Your application status on FBIjobs is irrelevant as you are flagged in the FBI database as having failed Phase II. Your Applicant Coordinator will probably reach out to you once you are eligible to start the process again (provided that wasn't your second attempt). Don't even worry about your status on FBIjobs until you can reinitiate the process.
nofacenoname  
#842 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:15:51 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Anyone know how long it takes for your applicant status to update on the website? I didn't make it past phase 2 but my status still shows I'm at phase 2. Last status update shows about an hour before I received an update from HQ telling me I didn't make it. Does it just stay stuck on phase 2 forever or does it eventually close out?

That application will continue to say phase II. If this was your first time trying, you will be eligible to resubmit an application a year from now. You will have to start from the Meet and Greet and go through the process again. A lot of people fail P2 and pass it upon retesting as it is easier knowing what to expect. To answer your question, it will say P2 on the dashboard going forward.

That's strange seeing as you would always have an "active" application considering I can withdraw it. Does it matter if I withdraw this application then reapply? I'd think they close you out once you fail a section but guess not.

Your application status on FBIjobs is irrelevant as you are flagged in the FBI database as having failed Phase II. Your Applicant Coordinator will probably reach out to you once you are eligible to start the process again (provided that wasn't your second attempt). Don't even worry about your status on FBIjobs until you can reinitiate the process.

Yeah they confirmed that when I reached out today. Oh well, I was semi on the fence about it anyway because I just landed a really cushy GS job and didn't really want to move at this point in my life (and take a pay cut). Maybe in a year circumstances will change and I'll throw my hat in the ring again. The only semi-frustrating part is I know the failure rate for PFT's out of my FO is around 50% and I know for sure I would have passed. Wonder how many applicants got pushed through over me but will inevitably never get the job because they're going to fail the PFT. The PFT first process just seems to make more sense to me.

I do also know DEA lifted their one year re-test policy with their new job announcement so perhaps the bureau will follow suit. Wait and see I suppose.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:16:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BudgetRyder  
#843 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:38:01 PM(UTC)
BudgetRyder

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Yeah they confirmed that when I reached out today. Oh well, I was semi on the fence about it anyway because I just landed a really cushy GS job and didn't really want to move at this point in my life (and take a pay cut). Maybe in a year circumstances will change and I'll throw my hat in the ring again. The only semi-frustrating part is I know the failure rate for PFT's out of my FO is around 50% and I know for sure I would have passed. Wonder how many applicants got pushed through over me but will inevitably never get the job because they're going to fail the PFT. The PFT first process just seems to make more sense to me.

I do also know DEA lifted their one year re-test policy with their new job announcement so perhaps the bureau will follow suit. Wait and see I suppose.

Whether they do the PFT first or second, it wouldn't have changed your results. They aren't passing a percentage of applicants. There is a score you meet and either you meet it or don't. No one is "pushed through over" anyone.

/waiting.../
nofacenoname  
#844 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:36:57 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Originally Posted by: BudgetRyder Go to Quoted Post

Whether they do the PFT first or second, it wouldn't have changed your results. They aren't passing a percentage of applicants. There is a score you meet and either you meet it or don't. No one is "pushed through over" anyone.

While I'm sure there's a pass or fail score involved they likely pull an average from the candidates and that's how they determine the "pass or fail". If there was a solid bar that everyone had to pass and only 20% of the candidates passed they would never hit their numbers. There is likely a competitive aspect to the candidates tested and the top whatever percentage "pass".

I could be way off but that is the most logical way to do these types of things or else they run the risk of not hitting their numbers.
CLARK5  
#845 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:56:58 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quick question regarding resumes. My AC would like us to submit an updated resume before the meet and greet. Just wondering if anyone incorporated SAR competency stories into their resumes as shown via this Federal Resume site here: https://www.resume-place...fbi-resume-competencies/ (towards the bottom there is an example) I used the FBI template but did not include a header for each competency nor described specific examples of each competency in SAR format. I'm guessing the more specific we can be to demonstrate our value the better but if anyone has any help/input/experience regarding this I would be greatly appreciative.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:57:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

APP- 5/3/19
PI- 5/11/19
MG-6/19/19
PFT-6/26/19
PII Written- 6/28/19
PII Interview-8/27/19
COA-9/6/19
Hampton121  
#846 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:32:18 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
So for some reason i got an email saying that i wasn't qualified for the position which doesn't make sense considering i was already invited for phase 1 testing a few months ago after the baltimore FO reviewed my application. i also submitted the same resume so i don't see why after 90 days they say i'm not qualified for the position. I meet all the key requirements for the position. I emailed the SAInfo email address so now i'm just waiting for them to reply back to me.
emaichbe03  
#847 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:41:31 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BudgetRyder Go to Quoted Post

While I'm sure there's a pass or fail score involved they likely pull an average from the candidates and that's how they determine the "pass or fail". If there was a solid bar that everyone had to pass and only 20% of the candidates passed they would never hit their numbers. There is likely a competitive aspect to the candidates tested and the top whatever percentage "pass".

I could be way off but that is the most logical way to do these types of things or else they run the risk of not hitting their numbers.

The scoring is what it is and hasn’t changed for many many years. If only 20% of applicants pass the PFT in a year, they won’t revise the scoring to bump that to 50% so they can fill classes. The standard is set.

If, however, year after year only 20% of applicants pass the PFT and they chronically cannot fill classes, then they probably would adjust scaling to fix that.

I’m sure they calibrated the current PFT before approving it such that the 12pts to pass equates to some percentile performance, based on many test runs.
mrpoopybuthole  
#848 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:51:29 PM(UTC)
mrpoopybuthole

United States

I just passed my PFT. I BARELY passed the 300. Literally within .1 of the cutoff time. How long does it take to get the CAO in everybody's experience?
Tpr6701  
#849 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:55:40 PM(UTC)
Tpr6701

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
GreeZdLightnin, your PM box is full.
NeoNoir  
#850 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:58:19 AM(UTC)
NeoNoir

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chasing_down_a_dream Go to Quoted Post
I have been reading this forum and the 2018 forum for about a year now. I am currently in the BI phase (poly and medical completed). I applied in October 2018 and have had first-time Go's on all stations. The best advice that I could give is to be yourself during face-to-face interactions, no matter what don't stop during the PFT and be completely honest about anything you're asked. I can affirm that you don't have to be perfect to get through the process. Just maintain your integrity and display your motivation to become part of what I have always perceived as one of the most prestigious law enforcement agencies in the world.

p.s. If you don't have much patience you should probably go find some. The process is a lengthy one so if you find yourself sitting around with nothing better to do than wonder when you'll get the next email then go for a run or do some pushups and situps, it'll help you out when you take the PFT.

I applied back in May 2016 and after failing P2 I am only now in the BI phase. Fast tracking from like 8 months ago and you’re doling out advice about being patient 😂! Anxiously checking emails is part of the fun!!. Hopefully I´ll see you in the September class.
gollywompas  
#851 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:56:02 AM(UTC)
gollywompas

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Did everyone receive the "What to do when your background investigation goes long" email today?

I gatta say getting out of the military is shaping up to be the wrong decision as I watch my savings account dwindle and I get hit with a broken AC unit and a lack of Reserve orders. I'm envious of those of you who work a job that allows for things like a 2 week notice. This career change is up there with the hardest things i've ever done. I'd go back through selection 100 times if it would end this waiting game and get me a paycheck again.
App:04/17
P1:04/17
M&G:08/17
P2:10/18
PFT:11/18
CAO:11/18
PSI:12/18
Poly:01/19
Med:02/19
Pre-Q:03/19
BI: 07/19
Q: Jul 7!
Dzt  
#852 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:43:49 PM(UTC)
Dzt

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Would one be penalized for having an obligation the same day as the offered M&G date? Has anyone rescheduled their M&G?

Also, some offices are starting to conduct the official PFT before Phase II now. Not after.
gollywompas  
#853 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:13:46 PM(UTC)
gollywompas

Originally Posted by: Dez Go to Quoted Post
Would one be penalized for having an obligation the same day as the offered M&G date? Has anyone rescheduled their M&G?

Also, some offices are starting to conduct the official PFT before Phase II now. Not after.

No, I was TDY when my M&G invite came and had to turn down 2 invitations total before finally being able to make one. Just let the Recruiter know and they will email you next time around.
MissChanandler  
#854 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:09:25 PM(UTC)
MissChanandler

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gollywompas Go to Quoted Post

No, I was TDY when my M&G invite came and had to turn down 2 invitations total before finally being able to make one. Just let the Recruiter know and they will email you next time around.

Looking at your timeline... they had you do your pre-Q PFT fairly soon after taking the poly- did they think your BI was going super fast? Are you going to have to do the PFT again since your last one won't be within 60 days of Quantico?
App: 11/18
P1: 1/19
M&G: 3/19
P2 Written: 4/19
P2 Interview: 6/19 (pass)
CLARK5  
#855 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 3:11:25 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I too have my PFT before Phase II. I have my Meet and Greet next Wednesday and my AC said I would need to schedule my PFT within 30 days.

APP- 5/3/19
PI- 5/11/19
MG-6/19/19
PFT-6/26/19
PII Written- 6/28/19
PII Interview-8/27/19
COA-9/6/19
gollywompas  
#856 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:13:03 PM(UTC)
gollywompas

Originally Posted by: CR1188 Go to Quoted Post

Looking at your timeline... they had you do your pre-Q PFT fairly soon after taking the poly- did they think your BI was going super fast? Are you going to have to do the PFT again since your last one won't be within 60 days of Quantico?

It was going fast, I was originally called for the may class, but PFTs are good for 120 days now so it will carry me to July if my BI clears in time, if not I will need another for the September class but I'm not sure i'll be hanging around if I don't make July.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:13:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gianootz  
#857 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:11:28 AM(UTC)
Gianootz

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mrpoopybuthole Go to Quoted Post
I just passed my PFT. I BARELY passed the 300. Literally within .1 of the cutoff time. How long does it take to get the CAO in everybody's experience?

Took the PFT on a Sunday, email with the CAO was received the following day.

Apply: 10/7/18
P1: 11/2/18
MG: 12/10/18
P2 Int: 2/13/19
PFT: 4/7/19
COA: 4/8/19
Poly: 5/8/19
Med: 7/3/19
Pre-Q PFT: 8/11/19

MissChanandler  
#858 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:51:11 AM(UTC)
MissChanandler

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CR1188 Go to Quoted Post

It was going fast, I was originally called for the may class, but PFTs are good for 120 days now so it will carry me to July if my BI clears in time, if not I will need another for the September class but I'm not sure i'll be hanging around if I don't make July.

Crossing my fingers you make the July class!
App: 11/18
P1: 1/19
M&G: 3/19
P2 Written: 4/19
P2 Interview: 6/19 (pass)
thanks 1 user thanked MissChanandler for this useful post.
gollywompas on 6/14/2019(UTC)
Toastie  
#859 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:11:11 AM(UTC)
Toastie

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The good news: I'm ranked competitive and am going on to Phase 2. The bad news, it took almost 45 days to get ranked, I think they were waiting for me to self report a passing PFT score. So I don't think there is any way I'll make the September class, when is the next class after that?

And my advice is to not underestimate how influential the AC is to the process.
SA '19
Applied: 3/23/19
P1 4/2/19
M&G 4/30/19
Competitive 6/17/19
P2 written 6/23/19
P2 interview: August (mid August)

Gianootz  
#860 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:30:38 AM(UTC)
Gianootz

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My BI officially started 4/7/19, and an agent reached out to me on Thursday to give me a heads up about talking to my current employer and neighbors, which he did the following day. He also told my supervisor that he was wrapping up the last part of my BI and that I was basically "hired". Pretty quick turnaround, hope this gives others hope who have been dealing with the solitude and quietness of the BI!!
Apply: 10/7/18
P1: 11/2/18
MG: 12/10/18
P2 Int: 2/13/19
PFT: 4/7/19
COA: 4/8/19
Poly: 5/8/19
Med: 7/3/19
Pre-Q PFT: 8/11/19

Rss Feed  Atom Feed