Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buckaneers  
#221 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 1:04:05 PM(UTC)
buckaneers

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 192 post(s)
As someone who got CJOs for both CI and Analysis back in the day, I was kind of butthurt for the first 6 months or so that the billet I accepted was coded as ACF but titled as CI (the usual reason: 'agent' sounds cooler than 'analyst'). As time went on though, I grew to appreciate the influence analysts have to affect adversaries and protect good guys. I also began to see that most CI/HUMINT career field folks aren't field collectors themselves but doing service or analytical work associated with those missions. Many get stuck working a lot of overtime with invisible impact and have bleaker promotion prospects if they don't already have previous experience (I would almost certainly still be a 10 if I had gone the former route). There are some sweet spots in some offices. The ACF is generally better for career progression, QOL, and the ability to still go to training outside the career field if it's relevant to your job.

If you really want to be a field bruh, there are more high speed training/opportunities in the actual military or at a local or federal law enforcement organization. Don't screw your career up trying to be an action figure at an intel agency, you'll likely end up disappointed.

Instead, channel your inner nerdy looking kid in the white shirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZXtCHoRb50

Edited by user Saturday, June 01, 2019 1:22:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked buckaneers for this useful post.
someoldguy on 6/1/2019(UTC)
IntelPro  
#222 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 6:14:49 AM(UTC)
IntelPro

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IntelPro Go to Quoted Post
DIA has this amazing rule that requires those who are promoted without headroom to remain in their current Career Field/Career Specialty in order to "actualize" their promotable status. Which means... since you were deemed worthy of promotion to GG-12, while in a GG-11 billet... you are restricted to GG-12 Analysis billets for one year. So... if you were hoping to move into CI, HUMINT, etc... you'll have to wait a little longer.

The good news is there are plenty of Analysis billets. You shouldn't have a problem locating one within the 12 month window. However, if you don't... you will lose your promotable status and be forced to apply for promotion to GG-12 again next year. This is a larger warning for the rest of you. If you plan on changing field/specialty... make sure you contact OHR and get it done before you apply for promotion in the future.

That's really not an issue for me. Additionally, considering you quit after less than a year here, feel free to save your advice for others. Thanks!

For those of you who are currently concerned about the writing sample that DIA requires for their Analysis applicants... this is evidence that English comprehension is not weighed to a severe degree. Breathe easy, my friends... and have a great weekend!

Right, since we all know discussion board posts are indicative of analytic capability. No wonder you left...you were probably the person who came in to work on a daily basis complaining about everything. You keep being salty and lamenting your future while degrading the agency you couldn't make it at. Take a dose of your own medicine and quit the discussion board too...you're not good at that either.
Kaliino  
#223 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 11:24:21 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Was thanked: 938 time(s) in 668 post(s)
DIA has this amazing rule that requires those who are promoted without headroom to remain in their current Career Field/Career Specialty in order to "actualize" their promotable status. Which means... since you were deemed worthy of promotion to GG-12, while in a GG-11 billet... you are restricted to GG-12 Analysis billets for one year. So... if you were hoping to move into CI, HUMINT, etc... you'll have to wait a little longer.

The good news is there are plenty of Analysis billets. You shouldn't have a problem locating one within the 12 month window. However, if you don't... you will lose your promotable status and be forced to apply for promotion to GG-12 again next year. This is a larger warning for the rest of you. If you plan on changing field/specialty... make sure you contact OHR and get it done before you apply for promotion in the future.

That's really not an issue for me. Additionally, considering you quit after less than a year here, feel free to save your advice for others. Thanks!

For those of you who are currently concerned about the writing sample that DIA requires for their Analysis applicants... this is evidence that English comprehension is not weighed to a severe degree. Breathe easy, my friends... and have a great weekend!

Right, since we all know discussion board posts are indicative of analytic capability. No wonder you left...you were probably the person who came in to work on a daily basis complaining about everything. You keep being salty and lamenting your future while degrading the agency you couldn't make it at. Take a dose of your own medicine and quit the discussion board too...you're not good at that either.

For those of you who are interested... yes, IntelPro's high level of sensitivity and passive-aggression is common throughout DIA.

In contrast... those of us who have decided to upgrade ourselves to the CIA, prefer an alternative means of communication...

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, June 03, 2019 11:47:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#224 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 1:15:58 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 902 time(s) in 756 post(s)
...you were probably the person who came in to work on a daily basis complaining about everything.
Yes and now we are down to only 569 of such people. And that only at DIA HQ.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 6/11/2019(UTC)
someoldguy  
#225 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 1:17:50 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

In contrast... those of us who have decided to upgrade (sic) ourselves to the CIA, prefer an alternative means of communication...
What's the matter with those dweebs? Can't they wear vaguely self-expressive neck lanyards like the rest of us?

rebels8  
#226 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:31:50 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
...you were probably the person who came in to work on a daily basis complaining about everything.

During my five months as a contractor there, I was one of those people. But fortunately, I never actually voiced my complaints out loud. lol
#MMlivesmatter
Kaliino  
#227 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:31:05 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

During my five months as a contractor there, I was one of those people. But fortunately, I never actually voiced my complaints out loud. lol

Safe to say that the majority of those at DIA who don’t voice their complaints... still do not feel a sense of pride or fulfillment. The death of this forum is evidence that the despair has also spread to those outside of DIA, who no longer have questions nor a desire to join. Rest In Peace, Federal Soup.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:06:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#228 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:21:09 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

So we killed the forum.

Is that IMPACT? Can I use that in my next FAP?

Oops my dyslexia is showing.
someoldguy  
#229 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:52:37 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 6/13/2019(UTC)
buckaneers  
#230 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:31:15 PM(UTC)
buckaneers

United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 192 post(s)

Safe to say that the majority of those at DIA who don’t voice their complaints... still do not feel a sense of pride or fulfillment. The death of this forum is evidence that the despair has also spread to those outside of DIA, who no longer have questions nor a desire to join. Rest In Peace, Federal Soup.

So are you going to go troll the CIA forums since you purportedly work there now? Or hang around here like a scorned ex?
thanks 1 user thanked buckaneers for this useful post.
IntelPro on 6/25/2019(UTC)
Kaliino  
#231 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:45:09 AM(UTC)
Kaliino

United States

Originally Posted by: buckaneers Go to Quoted Post

So are you going to go troll the CIA forums since you purportedly work there now? Or hang around here like a scorned ex?

First of all... only a douche would use the word "purportedly" instead of "allegedly".

Second... there are more movies, books, articles, and YouTube interviews about life at CIA.

Third... yes. I am going to troll another forum because I have nothing else to offer this world.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed