Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PERSEC  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 4:19:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
14 Total months start to finish, to get a call with a start date for on-boarding.
anonymouse134  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:41:56 AM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PERSEC Go to Quoted Post
14 Total months start to finish, to get a call with a start date for on-boarding.

*slow clap*

Congrats. See you on the other side, hopefully.
anonymouse134  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:43:50 AM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
Congrats. 14 months that almost sounds short from what I have been reading on this forum.

Well here is my story and timeline. Hope someone can chime in. Apply for a position and just had my Hiring Event and One on One Interview end of May. In the event, they said you'd get a telephone call with a COE (if they were going to offer you one) in about a week. Well, a few days will be 2 weeks for me since then so I am not too hopeful now. Anyhow timeline is below. Oh it's for Digital Innovation if that matters. IMO interview went well (based on body language and things the interviewer said). Anyhow below is my timeline.

Applied Online: Dec 2018
Online Testing: Feb 2018
Invite to Hiring Event: April 2018
Hiring Event/Interview: May 2018

I know Im in for a LONG process but I know it will be worth it. I am hopeful and praying.

It took me 4 weeks to get a COE. Hang in there. (I assume your hiring event years are supposed to be 2019)
anonymouse134  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:54:13 AM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Correct 2019 (fixed that). Damn I know you are super excited. WOW.
4 weeks huh? Ok Just started getting nervous seeing they said you'd get a telephone call within a week. Question, when you got the COE, was it email, snail mail or telephone?

If I get hired it will be a DREAM. A Dream.

I got a phone call letting me know they'll be sending the COE in the mail. The official COE packet arrived via FedEx a few days later. However, I also know some people who only received the packet without the phone call.
isitoveryet  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:05:14 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

Originally Posted by: PERSEC Go to Quoted Post

14 months start to finish as in application to onboarding call? Or 14 months start to finish from COE to onboarding call? or 14 months start to finish for your BI initiation to onboarding call?

14 months start to finish from application to onboarding call sounds crazy, congrats to you if that's what you mean.
PERSEC  
#46 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 3:36:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
14 months from the call that said "please come talk to us" until the "you're all finished, can you start on this day".

Super clean background, already held a clearance from DoD, so they were just filling in the gaps from when that was granted until now. Adjudication took as long as the investigation.
hopefulguy  
#47 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 4:59:38 AM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Awesome. Sounds reasonable for this process. I assume tack on 2-4 months for no prior clearance and not as clean background.
country mouse  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:37:37 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Interesting news: I apparently am not just sitting in a pile collecting dust.
I received notices from 2 credit agencies that my report was pulled by an employer in McLean, VA last week.
I'm surprised, as I thought for sure my file had seen the point of no return. December will be 3 years since my CJO.
isitoveryet  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:37:03 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
I received notices from 2 credit agencies that my report was pulled by an employer in McLean, VA last week.
I'm surprised, as I thought for sure my file had seen the point of no return. December will be 3 years since my CJO.

good news is that your file isn't lost forever.
bad news is that if they're pulling your credit then that means it's still in investigation phase. I saw your subject interview was in 2017, so it's spent years in the investigation phase and isn't in adjudication yet. stay buckled up for the long ride

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:37:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dexter1  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:54:49 AM(UTC)
Dexter1

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Usually, the credit check happens right before the BI check. So this might be another check for the adjudication part. Hopefully, something moves for you.
isitoveryet  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:14:34 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

I'm curious mouse, when you said you had your BI interview in 2017, are you certain it was the investigator's subject interview? Or was it the 'interview' by the agency where they review your sf-86 prior to submitting it to the actual investigator? It seems as though there are 2 'interviews' and some people might think the first is their BI subject interview
GenX_OG  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:21:29 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that the adjudicating committee can send items back for further investigation, so I don't think that this necessarily means it's not in adjudication. I'm thinking that maybe they're doing one final credit check since it's been a couple of years since the initial one. I know they pulled my credit report the same month I met with the investigator, which was July 2017. Maybe it means they're wrapping up your adjudication.
anonymouse134  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:25:21 AM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Did they make you do an SF-86C recertification and re-sign all your disclosures/releases since it was a few years?
country mouse  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:01:34 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isitoveryet Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious mouse, when you said you had your BI interview in 2017, are you certain it was the investigator's subject interview? Or was it the 'interview' by the agency where they review your sf-86 prior to submitting it to the actual investigator? It seems as though there are 2 'interviews' and some people might think the first is their BI subject interview

I applied Oct. 2016, interviewed with the group Dec. 2016, a week later got a CFO. I had a telephone interview to go over everything on my SF-86 in May 2017. I underwent the poly, medical and psych process in Oct. 2017. Received a notice that my credit report had been pulled. An investigator met with me in my hometown Nov. 2017. They met/interviewed my employer and personal acquaintances. Nothing since then, until this weekend's notice that my credit report was pulled again.

thanks 1 user thanked country mouse for this useful post.
isitoveryet on 6/18/2019(UTC)
GenX_OG  
#55 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 5:07:04 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

So this should give y'all some hope. I got a call from my program officer yesterday informing me that my security clearance has cleared and that they're ready to onboard me. However, because it's been over two years since I did the medical, she told me that it has expired, so I have to do a current one. They're going to fly me out to Virginia on the 15th for one day just to update the medical, then she said I would be cleared to onboard. She told me that it moves fairly quickly from this point, so I would likely be starting sometime within the next 2-4 months. So take heart, there is an end to this process. Next month in July will be three years exactly since I applied for the job, and two years exactly since I interviewed with my background investigator.
GenX_OG  
#56 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 5:46:25 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

That's an insane length of time but good it ended with a positive outcome. I know you are excited to get started. 2-4 month is perfect. I wouldnt care if it was 4 months just knowing I got it. That gives you enough time to get your ducks in order moving and what not.
How long has it been since you submitted your SF-86 or received your COE. Thats the point I am at. SF-86 submitted in early June. Trying to figure out how much longer I have and how much longer I have until the next step.

This is my timeline:

Applied - July 2016
Aptitude Test - August 2016
Interview/Info Session - November 2016
COE/SF86 - January 2017
Telephone Security Interview - March 2017
Medical/Poly - May 2017
Interview with Background Investigator - July 2017
BI Submitted by Investigator - July 2017
Call to Redo Medical - June 2019

It was pretty much radio silence for the time period after the background investigation was completed until now, except for the occasional phone call updates that I was "actively processing."
WaitingForever  
#57 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:14:36 PM(UTC)
WaitingForever

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Congrats!

I have a very similar timeline (roughly same application date, but my BI was submitted in September). Hoping I hear from them soon!

This gives me a bit of hope. Are they doing another poly that day, or just medical?
GenX_OG  
#58 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 2:11:42 PM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Just the medical. They’re flying me in the night before and I get up the next morning, knock out the medical, and then they fly me home that afternoon. That’s what she said, at least.
awesomeness  
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:24:18 PM(UTC)
awesomeness

Congrats to everyone who stayed with the process and got in and to those are still waiting. I personally Q U I T lol

I applied June 18
Took required testing online June 18
Scheduled for interview July 18
Got a phone call with offer in August 18
Sent package in and accepted offer Aug 18
Got a reconditional offer with higher salary due to transcripts and job background in SEP 18
Completed equip stuff in OCT 18
Went for polygraph and medical testing in DEC 18
Was told that everything is complete and that I had nothing else to turn in for them around feb 19

been waiting ever since. Whenever I call, all they can say is that im still processing. It would of been sweet to get this job but unfortunately I have a life to live and can no longer wait. I applied for a position for NSA and it only took me 7 months to get on board but I DO already have a TS/SCI clearance (another reason why im confused CIA would take this long )
I will be calling them to say nevermind, hopefully that opens up space for those of you who are still trying, good luck !
thanks 1 user thanked awesomeness for this useful post.
someoldguy on 7/4/2019(UTC)
surenot  
#60 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:26:50 AM(UTC)
surenot

Congrats to everyone as well. I've been following these post for almost over a year and been reluctant to post.

Applied summer of 15
Schedule to interview on Sept of 16
Poly/offer and accepted offer all in June/July 2017
Actively processing for over two years.

Also was in military, have active DOD TS and DOE Q.

Did their own SF86, but nobody got ever called for background checks or even credit check. It's been dead for over two years with occasional call saying actively processing.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed