Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice


Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
200 Pages«<127128129130131>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Proud2B  
#2561 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:23:50 AM(UTC)
Proud2B

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 39
United States
Location: New York

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I feel your pain....I am a 2/2017 applicant and received a call yesterday with an FOE. I am a 20+ year law enforcement officer who would be retiring from my current position, to become a DI. With my current position there is really no way to go through the retirement process on such short notice.

I have a caseload, pending court appearances, pension system paperwork submission requirements, pistol permits to obtain and tons of department equipment to turn in... At this point I was really just hoping that I would be pushed to the next class and now I am basically being forced to decline the offer.

temeriti  
#2562 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:24:15 AM(UTC)
temeriti

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proud2B Go to Quoted Post
I feel your pain....I am a 2/2017 applicant and received a call yesterday with an FOE. I am a 20+ year law enforcement officer who would be retiring from my current position, to become a DI. With my current position there is really no way to go through the retirement process on such short notice.

I have a caseload, pending court appearances, pension system paperwork submission requirements, pistol permits to obtain and tons of department equipment to turn in... At this point I was really just hoping that I would be pushed to the next class and now I am basically being forced to decline the offer.



Oh man, that's muy no bueno. Did you request to be pushed back to the next class to have time to get your various affairs in order?? They've always been really helpful anytime I've called. (And that's, uh, a lot. :D)
Proud2B  
#2563 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:14:09 AM(UTC)
Proud2B

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 39
United States
Location: New York

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
They are not inclined to offer a deferment, which seems awfully unfair.
temeriti  
#2564 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:44:21 AM(UTC)
temeriti

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Unfair indeed, but rather typical of the federal government I'm afraid. "Wait forever on us, but you'd better be ready when we are!" :x
kywilson  
#2565 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:34:25 AM(UTC)
kywilson

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Mississippi

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For those reading this blog, don't give up hope just yet. I just received my call from HR yesterday. Ironically, it coincided with my birthday so it was a good day. Hope you get the call soon.
thanks 7 users thanked kywilson for this useful post.
thebsktrbbit on 6/15/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 6/15/2019(UTC), Glitterypink29 on 6/15/2019(UTC), Shyguy on 6/15/2019(UTC), Sebco52 on 6/15/2019(UTC), luckydevil on 6/16/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 6/19/2019(UTC)
centermass  
#2566 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:09:02 PM(UTC)
centermass

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/24/2017(UTC)
Posts: 37
United States

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KYgal03 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone from the August 2018 application and March/April interviews heard anything about moving forward? I contacted HR and was told that I passed and would be receiving something within the next couple of months. I know that on the forum individuals have mentioned a projected timeframe of this month (June). I wasn't for sure if anyone has heard anything yet or not. Thanks. :)


I am in the same time frame and was told the same thing by HR, they mentioned June for next step(s) but June is halfway over already....next steps being (I think) medical or drug test, I really don't see how it would be remotely possible for people in our boat to end up in the September class, I am thinking more likely Spring 2020 or fall 2020. Hope that helps.

thanks 1 user thanked centermass for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 6/16/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#2567 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:25:53 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 408
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: centermass Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KYgal03 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone from the August 2018 application and March/April interviews heard anything about moving forward? I contacted HR and was told that I passed and would be receiving something within the next couple of months. I know that on the forum individuals have mentioned a projected timeframe of this month (June). I wasn't for sure if anyone has heard anything yet or not. Thanks. :)


I am in the same time frame and was told the same thing by HR, they mentioned June for next step(s) but June is halfway over already....next steps being (I think) medical or drug test, I really don't see how it would be remotely possible for people in our boat to end up in the September class, I am thinking more likely Spring 2020 or fall 2020. Hope that helps.



Yeah sorry to say you are correct. Just to give you a time frame I did medical/drug last June 2018 and am pending preference sheet hopefully for the next class. That's just to give you an idea how long it is from medical/drug to background to preference sheet/possible class date.
thanks 2 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
stimpy729 on 6/17/2019(UTC), centermass on 6/17/2019(UTC)
Sebco52  
#2568 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:11:03 AM(UTC)
Sebco52

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/7/2019(UTC)
Posts: 1
Man
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Received my FOE call today for DI class #53. I was assigned my #3 choice.

Hang in there everyone!
thanks 6 users thanked Sebco52 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 6/18/2019(UTC), Lunchmoney on 6/18/2019(UTC), Jayysonn on 6/18/2019(UTC), Glitterypink29 on 6/18/2019(UTC), Shyguy on 6/18/2019(UTC), thebsktrbbit on 6/19/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#2569 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:17:24 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 408
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sebco52 Go to Quoted Post
Received my FOE call today for DI class #53. I was assigned my #3 choice.

Hang in there everyone!


Congrats!
kywilson  
#2570 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:01:34 PM(UTC)
kywilson

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: Mississippi

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sebco52 Go to Quoted Post
Received my FOE call today for DI class #53. I was assigned my #3 choice.

Hang in there everyone!





That's great news...
luckydevil  
#2571 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:05:34 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 408
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Anyone have word on when the next class will be?
Jayysonn  
#2572 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:03:03 PM(UTC)
Jayysonn

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2019(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: Arizona

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have word on when the next class will be?


#53 ends in late September, so you can probably expect #54 to start sometime around October/November, that would also mean new fiscal year and hopefully more funds for training.
luckydevil  
#2573 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:18:55 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 408
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jayysonn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have word on when the next class will be?


#53 ends in late September, so you can probably expect #54 to start sometime around October/November, that would also mean new fiscal year and hopefully more funds for training.


Yeah I figured probably around October. I just didn't know if anyone heard a confirmed date yet.
AlecN  
#2574 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:32:03 PM(UTC)
AlecN

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 53
United States
Location: Montana

Thanks: 20 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Has anyone heard anything else from the August 2018 application/March and April interviews? I know that we should be heading more this month, but I haven't gotten any emails or phone calls, as of yet.
Navychick101  
#2575 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:13:16 PM(UTC)
Navychick101

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 54
United States
Location: Nashville, TN

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard anything else from the August 2018 application/March and April interviews? I know that we should be heading more this month, but I haven't gotten any emails or phone calls, as of yet.


I’m from that group as well. I have not heard anything at all since I found out that I passed my panel. I am curious how you know that we are supposed to be hear something this month?
AlecN  
#2576 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:32:34 PM(UTC)
AlecN

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 53
United States
Location: Montana

Thanks: 20 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I have been reading this panel for about two months now. Many have said that we should be hearing back from HR in June or July. I called the HR number in May, was told that I passed the interview and was recommended to move forward with the hiring process. After the interview, I was also told that I should be getting more info in two months, which should have been a couple weeks ago. I'm military, so I'm pretty used to the hurry up and wait, because any kind of government administrative process takes forever to complete. My guess is that each person in the running is squared away individually and focus is given independently. After all, it's the DEA and they most likely want to ensure that every precaution is taken to get the best possible candidates.
luckydevil  
#2577 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:40:24 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 408
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
I have been reading this panel for about two months now. Many have said that we should be hearing back from HR in June or July. I called the HR number in May, was told that I passed the interview and was recommended to move forward with the hiring process. After the interview, I was also told that I should be getting more info in two months, which should have been a couple weeks ago. I'm military, so I'm pretty used to the hurry up and wait, because any kind of government administrative process takes forever to complete. My guess is that each person in the running is squared away individually and focus is given independently. After all, it's the DEA and they most likely want to ensure that every precaution is taken to get the best possible candidates.


I'm from the 2017 group and can tell you for the most part we all heard from the next step (medical/drug) around the same time (given a week or two). After that background ranges depending your location and just how backed up they are. But I think for the most part medical/drug we all heard within the same weeks. I'd suspect once one of you starts getting word (email) the rest will! Hang in there guys. As you said it's a hurry up and wait process. Goodluck all!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
AlecN on 6/20/2019(UTC)
Navychick101  
#2578 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:33:40 AM(UTC)
Navychick101

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 54
United States
Location: Nashville, TN

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
I have been reading this panel for about two months now. Many have said that we should be hearing back from HR in June or July. I called the HR number in May, was told that I passed the interview and was recommended to move forward with the hiring process. After the interview, I was also told that I should be getting more info in two months, which should have been a couple weeks ago. I'm military, so I'm pretty used to the hurry up and wait, because any kind of government administrative process takes forever to complete. My guess is that each person in the running is squared away individually and focus is given independently. After all, it's the DEA and they most likely want to ensure that every precaution is taken to get the best possible candidates.


I'm from the 2017 group and can tell you for the most part we all heard from the next step (medical/drug) around the same time (given a week or two). After that background ranges depending your location and just how backed up they are. But I think for the most part medical/drug we all heard within the same weeks. I'd suspect once one of you starts getting word (email) the rest will! Hang in there guys. As you said it's a hurry up and wait process. Goodluck all!


So you’re saying based on your experience, the June/July timeframe is when your group started getting the medical/drug screenings? Also, are you one of the ones in the upcoming class?

thanks 1 user thanked Navychick101 for this useful post.
AlecN on 6/20/2019(UTC)
Qwerkie  
#2579 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:38:37 AM(UTC)
Qwerkie

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/2/2018(UTC)
Posts: 24
United States

Thanks: 24 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Navychick101 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
I have been reading this panel for about two months now. Many have said that we should be hearing back from HR in June or July. I called the HR number in May, was told that I passed the interview and was recommended to move forward with the hiring process. After the interview, I was also told that I should be getting more info in two months, which should have been a couple weeks ago. I'm military, so I'm pretty used to the hurry up and wait, because any kind of government administrative process takes forever to complete. My guess is that each person in the running is squared away individually and focus is given independently. After all, it's the DEA and they most likely want to ensure that every precaution is taken to get the best possible candidates.


I'm from the 2017 group and can tell you for the most part we all heard from the next step (medical/drug) around the same time (given a week or two). After that background ranges depending your location and just how backed up they are. But I think for the most part medical/drug we all heard within the same weeks. I'd suspect once one of you starts getting word (email) the rest will! Hang in there guys. As you said it's a hurry up and wait process. Goodluck all!


So you’re saying based on your experience, the June/July timeframe is when your group started getting the medical/drug screenings? Also, are you one of the ones in the upcoming class?



In my case, yes. I am part of DI 53 upcoming in July.

Applied 2/2017
Proctored Assessment 11/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Questionnaire 5/2018
Tentative Offer 5/2018
Conditional Offer 6/2018
Drug Screening 7/2018
Medical 7/2018
E-Qip 11/2018
BI 01/2019
Preference sheet 4/2019
RDL letter 4/2019
SF86 5/2019
Final offer 6/2019
751Mtn  
#2580 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:50:44 AM(UTC)
751Mtn

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 22

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
For those of you who have attended the class: What shoes did women wear? I got an email with an example of the brown leather boots men wear but am wondering if women wear the same style or are allowed to wear something more minimal.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (5)
200 Pages«<127128129130131>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.218 seconds.