Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
199 Pages«<128129130131132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GearUp  
#2581 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:02:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 682 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 751Mtn Go to Quoted Post
For those of you who have attended the class: What shoes did women wear? I got an email with an example of the brown leather boots men wear but am wondering if women wear the same style or are allowed to wear something more minimal.

Same boots. Same uniform = same boots.

Qwerkie  
#2582 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:04:26 AM(UTC)
Qwerkie

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
For those of you who have attended the class: What shoes did women wear? I got an email with an example of the brown leather boots men wear but am wondering if women wear the same style or are allowed to wear something more minimal.

I bought a pair of Skechers, they were legit the only ones that fit the description and were for women. A hard find and kind of pricey.
luckydevil  
#2583 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:39:07 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Navychick101 Go to Quoted Post

So you’re saying based on your experience, the June/July timeframe is when your group started getting the medical/drug screenings? Also, are you one of the ones in the upcoming class?

Yes our experience we heard June/July. I am not saying that is when you guys will hear. Just based on my experience with my group that once one of us heard about medical/drug the rest heard around the same time frame or few weeks apart.

I unfortunately did not make this class. I should be lined up for the next. My background wasn't done in time. They were waiting on it from OPM. It's completed now though.
luckydevil  
#2584 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:43:31 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

@proud2b I tried to pm you back but your mailbox is full
GearUp  
#2585 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:47:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Qwerkie Go to Quoted Post

I bought a pair of Skechers, they were legit the only ones that fit the description and were for women. A hard find and kind of pricey.

Try Timberland or Rocky Boot. If you got your reporting instructions try calling the Academy and ask to speak with the Diversion Training Program Coordinator. His/her number should be on the last page of your instructions.
John Stamos  
#2586 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:11:09 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Got my preference sheet on Wednesday... Just waiting for the final offer now... I'm nervous because Monday is the two week mark before the academy starts...
luckydevil  
#2587 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:52:51 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: John Stamos Go to Quoted Post
Got my preference sheet on Wednesday... Just waiting for the final offer now... I'm nervous because Monday is the two week mark before the academy starts...

Wow, maybe you're making a last minute slot. Goodluck!
John Stamos  
#2588 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 6:06:05 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: John Stamos Go to Quoted Post

Wow, maybe you're making a last minute slot. Goodluck!

Hopefully... I just need to hear back from them like soon so I can get in this class... Idk what has to be done at this point though...
Critter82  
#2589 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:24:54 AM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey, I am a 2018/August applicant and passed the interview in March. What comes after the interview? Drug and medical screening or conditional offer? Thanks.
luckydevil  
#2590 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:27:24 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Critter82 Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I am a 2018/August applicant and passed the interview in March. What comes after the interview? Drug and medical screening or conditional offer? Thanks.

Your conditional offer and onboarding paperwork will come next before drug/medical.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
stimpy729 on 6/25/2019(UTC)
Critter82  
#2591 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:32:27 AM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks luckydevil. I've read a lot of the forum and may be asking a redundant question, but here it is regardless. Do you have any idea if a career fed with a TS will move through the process with DEA any quicker than a new hire candidate with the feds?
luckydevil  
#2592 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:40:32 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Critter82 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks luckydevil. I've read a lot of the forum and may be asking a redundant question, but here it is regardless. Do you have any idea if a career fed with a TS will move through the process with DEA any quicker than a new hire candidate with the feds?

I had a TS as a SA and did not, but it was also due for a re-up. Hopefully, it'll move you faster through the background but with the OPM contact I talked to they said they themselves did not move faster when they switched agencies too. So I honestly don't know if it will.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Critter82 on 6/22/2019(UTC)
GearUp  
#2593 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 6:22:20 AM(UTC)

New DI vacancy announcement just opened today (6/24). Open to all sources. Open until Friday 06/28 or 5000 applications received.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 6/24/2019(UTC)
Browsermidwest  
#2594 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 6:58:35 AM(UTC)
Browsermidwest

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
New DI vacancy announcement just opened today (6/24). Open to all sources. Open until Friday 06/28 or 5000 applications received.

Lol! Already! Guess it's been a year since the Aug 2018.

Thanks for constructive and constant reminders.
I'm from aug2018 group - still waiting on our next steps from the interview. We may not hear til july/Aug at this rate.

Best of luck to all :)
USMC03  
#2595 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 7:24:56 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)

I applied since I didn’t qualified under the recent graduate announcement at the beginning of the year

Luckily I already passed the proctored test which is good for 1 year l
Navychick101  
#2596 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:58:12 AM(UTC)
Navychick101

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mvp375 Go to Quoted Post

Lol! Already! Guess it's been a year since the Aug 2018.

Thanks for constructive and constant reminders.
I'm from aug2018 group - still waiting on our next steps from the interview. We may not hear til july/Aug at this rate.

Best of luck to all :)

My concern is whether this is going to hold the rest of us up? If they get their 5,000 (or however many) applicants then somebody(s) is going to have to go through all of them. Not sure how they divide the duties up.
Browsermidwest  
#2597 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:12:56 PM(UTC)
Browsermidwest

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
General question

Anyone here had bad experience or issues with medical, drug , BI process? Or know of any situations that might make it difficult?

I'm asking as I'm a veteran as well, not sure if my service connected issues may be a barrier for the medical review - I mean should I even disclose the medical issues I had such as back issues or mental health concerns from service? I mean, I'm working now and am maintaining With the help of doctors and some medicine. Maybe I'm thinking too far into the medical portion...

As far as BI- I had. Secret clearance while in service(exited in 2015) but not sure if this might help the BI process.

For drug, i have no concerns about other than I take prescription medicine. I don't think that is an issue.

Thanks all!
Shyguy  
#2598 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:54:13 PM(UTC)
Shyguy

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
General question

Anyone here had bad experience or issues with medical, drug , BI process? Or know of any situations that might make it difficult?

I'm asking as I'm a veteran as well, not sure if my service connected issues may be a barrier for the medical review - I mean should I even disclose the medical issues I had such as back issues or mental health concerns from service? I mean, I'm working now and am maintaining With the help of doctors and some medicine. Maybe I'm thinking too far into the medical portion...

As far as BI- I had. Secret clearance while in service(exited in 2015) but not sure if this might help the BI process.

For drug, i have no concerns about other than I take prescription medicine. I don't think that is an issue.

Thanks all!

I can't say that I had any bad experiences, however, the investigator did have to contact me twice due to some minor issues. I would say this may have slightly slowed down the process. With the BI and the medical, I took the advice that I have always been given and can be found within this board - be honest. I made my service and non-service related issues known, such as back and hearing. I wouldn't worry too much on the medical as long as you are able to meet the requirements for the DI position, but everyone is different. Make sure you stick within the period of time provided on you your SF-86, I believe they state 5 years. Going over can cause the investigation and your interview to take longer than necessary.
USMC03  
#2599 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 1:51:45 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
General question

Thanks all!

I wonder the same thing
Bookish7267  
#2600 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:17:21 PM(UTC)
Bookish7267

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
General question

Thanks all!

I wonder the same thing

I had a medical issue. I had to have my doctor submit some additional paperwork testifying that I was capable of doing a high stress intricate job. Once he submitted the completed paperwork I was immediately cleared and moved forward in the process. Medical issues should not be a problem if you are honest and disclose everything up front. It's lying or omitting information that will get you in trouble. Integrity counts.

thanks 1 user thanked Bookish7267 for this useful post.
stimpy729 on 6/26/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed