Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
velcroTech  
#61 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Groups: Registered
Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: surenot Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to everyone as well. I've been following these post for almost over a year and been reluctant to post.

Applied summer of 15
Schedule to interview on Sept of 16
Poly/offer and accepted offer all in June/July 2017
Actively processing for over two years.

Also was in military, have active DOD TS and DOE Q.

Did their own SF86, but nobody got ever called for background checks or even credit check. It's been dead for over two years with occasional call saying actively processing.

What position did you apply for? What grade/step did you get a CJO for?
country mouse  
#62 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:14:23 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Finance resource officer. GS 9. I do wonder if it is standard to negotiate a different step/level, considering I've added nearly 3 years of experience to my resume.
velcroTech  
#63 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:24:21 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
Finance resource officer. GS 9. I do wonder if it is standard to negotiate a different step/level, considering I've added nearly 3 years of experience to my resume.

I would always try to negotiate. Good luck.
#64 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 6:10:52 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

My understanding is that it is pretty standard to reevaluate your GS offer upon completion of the clearance process. I would definitely highlight your relevant experience when discussing an EOD to negotiate a higher GS level.

Even if your request for a higher GS level is denied, I am under the impression that promotions can occur rather quickly at the lower grades. CIA seems pretty generous with salaries in comparison to other IC agencies. Maybe someone else can comment on the promotion system once you start?
thanks 1 user thanked 51319 for this useful post.
country mouse on 7/8/2019(UTC)
hopefulguy  
#65 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:10:54 AM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If its been 3 years since your COE i would ask for the minimum 3 years of cost of living increases since the COE. The COE you were offered 3 years ago reflects what the cost of living was then not now.
That doesnt even include your additional years experience. But yeah id ask for the Cost of living increases at least of.you wanted to be conservative.
surenot  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:12:10 AM(UTC)
surenot

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was offered GS13. But it was only since i make much higher as IT contractor for DOD(my guess since they asked me how much i make during the interview). I will at least take 20+K pay cut even with the GS13 from what I am making now. Plus its not my career field at all.
I am in IT and the job they offering is based on my language skills.
Its just frustrating that nobody has ever been contacted regarding my clearance or any credit checks. Sometimes it just feel like i am dreaming the whole thing since the processed happened years ago.
But its something i want to do and i think will be more happy than what i am doing behind the desk now.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:14:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: addition

thanks 1 user thanked surenot for this useful post.
velcroTech on 7/9/2019(UTC)
iconism  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:47:51 PM(UTC)
iconism

Can anyone shed some light on the time between the poly and when the BI started or when you were rejected?
WaitingForever  
#68 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:39:39 PM(UTC)
WaitingForever

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
BI can take 1-3 months (maybe longer) after Poly before it starts. The rejection can come at the very end (clearance denial, have to report it if you apply for another clearance) or quite quickly, maybe a few weeks, in case of suitability denial following a failed poly or lack of confidence that you can make it through the process.
thanks 1 user thanked WaitingForever for this useful post.
iconism on 7/19/2019(UTC)
Dubwuq  
#69 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:10:29 PM(UTC)
Dubwuq

Originally Posted by: WaitingForever Go to Quoted Post
BI can take 1-3 months (maybe longer) after Poly before it starts. The rejection can come at the very end (clearance denial, have to report it if you apply for another clearance) or quite quickly, maybe a few weeks, in case of suitability denial following a failed poly or lack of confidence that you can make it through the process.

Is it unusual for someone to be informed that their BI had already kicked off, several months before they were even notified of being scheduled for poly/med/psych? Based off of most threads here, it seems most go poly/med/psych -> then BI following that if things went well at poly/med/psych. But what if applicant was contacted by their investigator that the BI was already initiated before even being scheduled for the other steps?

velcroTech  
#70 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 5:39:39 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: Dubwuq Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WaitingForever Go to Quoted Post

Is it unusual for someone to be informed that their BI had already kicked off, several months before they were even notified of being scheduled for poly/med/psych? Based off of most threads here, it seems most go poly/med/psych -> then BI following that if things went well at poly/med/psych. But what if applicant was contacted by their investigator that the BI was already initiated before even being scheduled for the other steps?

These two processes can run independently. Depending on where you are at in the stack, you could have your BI start first or your onsite visit for applicant processing first. Both will need to be completed favorably before you can be offered the FJO. Likewise, non-favorable results in either will result in a stop to the hiring process.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
Dubwuq on 7/20/2019(UTC)
hopefulguy  
#71 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:04:18 AM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Not unusual for the background to start before the poly. If that is the case. The poly will come 1-3 months after the background. So if your background started in July. You probably will be doing the poly and all the stuff sometime between Sept and Oct roughly. Maybe the latest sometime in Nov.
thanks 1 user thanked hopefulguy for this useful post.
Dubwuq on 7/20/2019(UTC)
country mouse  
#72 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:56:13 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anonymouse134 Go to Quoted Post
Interesting news: I apparently am not just sitting in a pile collecting dust.
I received notices from 2 credit agencies that my report was pulled by an employer in McLean, VA last week.
I'm surprised, as I thought for sure my file had seen the point of no return. December will be 3 years since my CJO.

Did they make you do an SF-86C recertification and re-sign all your disclosures/releases since it was a few years?

Anonymouse134, I just received a call stating that I need to fill out an SF-86C. Did you have to do that as well?

anonymouse134  
#73 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 1:22:32 PM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anonymouse134 Go to Quoted Post
Interesting news: I apparently am not just sitting in a pile collecting dust.
I received notices from 2 credit agencies that my report was pulled by an employer in McLean, VA last week.
I'm surprised, as I thought for sure my file had seen the point of no return. December will be 3 years since my CJO.

Did they make you do an SF-86C recertification and re-sign all your disclosures/releases since it was a few years?

Anonymouse134, I just received a call stating that I need to fill out an SF-86C. Did you have to do that as well?

Yes, about 1-2 months before they called with the FJO.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed