Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
190 Pages«<131132133134135>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Polar Bear  
#2641 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:21:12 AM(UTC)
Polar Bear

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KYgal03 Go to Quoted Post
Has any of the August 2018 applicants received any news after their interview? I was told that I was moving forward and would know something in June but I have not received any further information. I was just wondering if anyone else had.

Shoot, I just applied for the local one in June too. Maybe I'll hear about it 3 years from now.
Airedale260  
#2642 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:16:02 AM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone in DI class 53!
thanks 3 users thanked Airedale260 for this useful post.
thatsamyzing on 7/6/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 7/7/2019(UTC), Legend of Zella on 7/7/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#2643 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:42:08 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post

Yes good luck all!
thanks 3 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
thatsamyzing on 7/6/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 7/7/2019(UTC), Legend of Zella on 7/7/2019(UTC)
DreamChaserNYC  
#2644 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:08:03 AM(UTC)
DreamChaserNYC

United States

Question: has anyone in a class not gotten any of their 7 picks and if so, were you given a location very far away from your region? What region did you want and what were you given? Just curious. Thanks!
CaitieMFT  
#2645 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post

Yes good luck all!

Wish you guys were with us, but hopeful you get into the next class!
thanks 1 user thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 7/7/2019(UTC)
AZSun20  
#2646 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:15:19 AM(UTC)
AZSun20

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Some people are talking about waiting for the March 2020 class. Has it been confirmed that there won't be another DI class until March 2020 at the earliest? I know they had hopes to have 4 classes this year and they are only on the 2nd. Has the September one already been cancelled?
John Stamos  
#2647 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:52:50 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AZSun20 Go to Quoted Post
Some people are talking about waiting for the March 2020 class. Has it been confirmed that there won't be another DI class until March 2020 at the earliest? I know they had hopes to have 4 classes this year and they are only on the 2nd. Has the September one already been cancelled?

It has been confirmed by my HR rep... I was supposed to get into this July academy but my current employer screwed me on my background investigation (long story), so my HR rep said that hopefully my investigation would be done in time for the March 2020 academy... I then asked her if there were going to be a September academy and she said no, the next tentative academy is scheduled for March...

temeriti  
#2648 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:13:06 AM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Stamos Go to Quoted Post

It has been confirmed by my HR rep... I was supposed to get into this July academy but my current employer screwed me on my background investigation (long story), so my HR rep said that hopefully my investigation would be done in time for the March 2020 academy... I then asked her if there were going to be a September academy and she said no, the next tentative academy is scheduled for March...

I'll take, "Things That Make You Want to Suckstart a .45 for $1000," Alex.

Crikey. I hope you're wrong. Doesn't seem very...efficient...to me that they're continuing to "recommend people move forward in the process" if they can only conduct one training class a year. :-\
John Stamos  
#2649 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:23:06 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: temeriti Go to Quoted Post

Crikey. I hope you're wrong. Doesn't seem very...efficient...to me that they're continuing to "recommend people move forward in the process" if they can only conduct one training class a year. :-\

They only pushed back the one from like April of last year because they were having trouble filling the class... This March will be more success because now they have like nine months to obtain people and get them through the process...

temeriti  
#2650 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:28:27 AM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)

They only pushed back the one from like April of last year because they were having trouble filling the class... This March will be more success because now they have like nine months to obtain people and get them through the process...

At the risk of sounding like a Negative Nancy, which is very much against my nature, I don't know if that's accurate. Nine months from now a portion of the people they referred a year ago (by that point) could potentially accept other positions, thus repeating the cycle. Should just have people sign that waiver form like CBP does. :p (But uh, that's the only thing they should do like CBP.)
AZSun20  
#2651 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:42:48 AM(UTC)
AZSun20

I just signed my Interim clearance waiver a week ago. It seems odd that they would have me sign it if they have an extra 9 months, on top of the 9 months it's been since I met with my BI, to finish my clearance. I hope that they are anticipating a 3rd class this year in the event they have enough space and cleared candidates to fill it.
luckydevil  
#2652 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:47:20 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I just signed my Interim clearance waiver a week ago. It seems odd that they would have me sign it if they have an extra 9 months, on top of the 9 months it's been since I met with my BI, to finish my clearance. I hope that they are anticipating a 3rd class this year in the event they have enough space and cleared candidates to fill it.

I signed mine back in January lol so it will be even longer for me.
DreamChaserNYC  
#2653 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:49:29 AM(UTC)
DreamChaserNYC

United States

I sent in a reference check for an interim clearance a week ago...does the waiver follow that? Lol...
John Stamos  
#2654 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:08:49 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Idk... I just know what my HR rep was saying... She said that the next class was tentatively scheduled for March... That's all I know...
John Stamos  
#2655 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:14:05 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

At the risk of sounding like a Negative Nancy, which is very much against my nature, I don't know if that's accurate. Nine months from now a portion of the people they referred a year ago (by that point) could potentially accept other positions, thus repeating the cycle. Should just have people sign that waiver form like CBP does. :p (But uh, that's the only thing they should do like CBP.)

I am in a similar position now... I am currently in the process with the USMS right now and they have an academy starting in September... I will do their five month academy and if the DEA comes back with a better location choice, I will gladly accept that and switch agencies...
John Stamos  
#2656 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:16:05 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: DreamChaserNYC Go to Quoted Post
I sent in a reference check for an interim clearance a week ago...does the waiver follow that? Lol...

Same thing really... The interim clearance is a waiver for the full background investigation essentially...

AlecN  
#2657 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:34:54 PM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Question:
Does anyone know if the applicants who were recommended to move forward and applied in August of 2018, will be able to get into the March 2020 class? I figure that it is probably wishful thinking, but could it happen if OPM finally get their "stuff" together and get everyone processed? My wife is pregnant and expecting in February next year, so I just want to make sure that I can be here and still make the class if possible.
John Stamos  
#2658 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:50:13 PM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
Question:
Does anyone know if the applicants who were recommended to move forward and applied in August of 2018, will be able to get into the March 2020 class? I figure that it is probably wishful thinking, but could it happen if OPM finally get their "stuff" together and get everyone processed? My wife is pregnant and expecting in February next year, so I just want to make sure that I can be here and still make the class if possible.

It's very possible... Nothing is guaranteed though...

AZSun20  
#2659 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:53:23 PM(UTC)
AZSun20

Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
Question:

Anything is possible but I think it's probably too soon. I'm in the Feb 2017 group and still waiting. The academy class that graduated in March 2019 was mostly, if not only, filled with 15/16 applicants. So it all depends on how many 2017 applicants they have.
Critter82  
#2660 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:58:29 PM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I would imagine if you have had a TS and are a current federal employee the process will move faster versus someone never in the government nor ever held a clearance. I got my initial TS in 2 months. It was expedited. Plus I have had a long career with the feds. They know me. Easy paper trail to inspect.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed