Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<181920
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WishingandHoping  
#381 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:14:14 PM(UTC)
WishingandHoping

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Well, I will say this. Usually we get the location preference sheet about 2 months before the class. I emailed my HR person and she said they had not gone out yet, so all signs point to a push back on the class date. All the waiting stinks, but it's just the way it is with this. I applied and started the process in February of 2017, so hang in there guys. It takes a long time.
thanks 1 user thanked WishingandHoping for this useful post.
Glitterypink29 on 2/19/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#382 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:17:13 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WishingandHoping Go to Quoted Post
Well, I will say this. Usually we get the location preference sheet about 2 months before the class. I emailed my HR person and she said they had not gone out yet, so all signs point to a push back on the class date. All the waiting stinks, but it's just the way it is with this. I applied and started the process in February of 2017, so hang in there guys. It takes a long time.

I figured the same. The sheet should have gone out already. Also, hello; fellow February 2017 applicant here as well.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Glitterypink29 on 2/19/2019(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#383 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:15:01 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

I figured the same. The sheet should have gone out already. Also, hello; fellow February 2017 applicant here as well.

Feb 2017 applicant here too. I know we should be used to this by now, but it just really has thrown a wrench in things. I'm waiting to hear back from my HR rep, and if she says it's later than April I'm going to have to pursue another job. Not the news I was hoping for this week, for sure.
luckydevil  
#384 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:20:28 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post

Feb 2017 applicant here too. I know we should be used to this by now, but it just really has thrown a wrench in things. I'm waiting to hear back from my HR rep, and if she says it's later than April I'm going to have to pursue another job. Not the news I was hoping for this week, for sure.

Keep us posted on what you hear! I was going to reach out to mine tomorrow but maybe I'll wait to see what you're told. I haven't heard or spoke with mine since onboarding.
CaitieMFT  
#385 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:07:05 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 23 post(s)

Keep us posted on what you hear! I was going to reach out to mine tomorrow but maybe I'll wait to see what you're told. I haven't heard or spoke with mine since onboarding.

Bad news. Take it with a grain of salt since I only have this info from my HR rep, but she said they’re delaying the next class until July/August.
Hang in there, everybody.
thanks 1 user thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
WishingandHoping on 2/20/2019(UTC)
Hampton121  
#386 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:08:22 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Im still waiting on my test results
luckydevil  
#387 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:10:22 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Bad news. Take it with a grain of salt since I only have this info from my HR rep, but she said they’re delaying the next class until July/August.
Hang in there, everybody.

I had just pm'd you before seeing this. Just heard the same.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 2/20/2019(UTC)
Glitterypink29  
#388 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:07:46 PM(UTC)
Glitterypink29

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Well now that the April class is tentatively pushed back until July/August time-frame, I will be able to complete my masters degree program. Does anyone know if the GS pay scale on my COE is able to be reevaluated to reflect my current level of education for my FOE? I'm going to go with no because that's the way news seems to be going around here lately, ha.

Keep on, Keepin' on folks! We'll get there.
GearUp  
#389 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:09:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 532 time(s) in 182 post(s)
Sorry to have to confirm what many have already posted. The April class has been cancelled. The next class is scheduled for July but it is TENTATIVE.
thanks 5 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 2/20/2019(UTC), Glitterypink29 on 2/20/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 2/21/2019(UTC), SoFLoGal on 2/21/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 2/21/2019(UTC)
USMC03  
#390 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:06:41 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
What could be the reason one gets denied a top sec clearance ????
luckydevil  
#391 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:15:37 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
What could be the reason one gets denied a top sec clearance ????

A multitude of things from financial, criminal, personal conduct, foreign influence, drug usage, alcohol usage, military discharge so forth.
USMC03  
#392 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:50:16 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Hmm I don’t have any issues that I can think of honestly. Can you give me some examples of personal conduct? Foreign influence??

Will PTSD be disqualifing factor?
foxhound86  
#393 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 1:23:13 PM(UTC)
foxhound86

United States

congrats
[img=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfV8mGgKRtpbsx6IJs40YbgkT25k6_QkK40CA0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link]you got mail[/img]
USMC03  
#394 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 5:51:03 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Originally Posted by: foxhound86 Go to Quoted Post
congrats

Are you still in the process?
Luana  
#395 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:36:25 PM(UTC)
Luana

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone not pass the structured interview, reapplied, and then got selected the second time around?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed