Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

33 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cornhusker18  
#301 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:51:26 PM(UTC)
cornhusker18

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: darkstallion Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cornhusker18 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cornhusker18 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I Earlier posted my timeline stating I had been scheduled for poly and psych eval. Has anyone failed the 1st poly from a false positive and passed the second one answering the same? I took 1st poly and apparently I was found to be lying on 2 questions when I was answering honestly.
My main question is however, when you took you second poly, do you redo the entire poly (both counterintelligence and lifestyle) or just the one you had issues with?

Thanks

Just got done 2nd poly (Passed).
In others experience, how long after poly have you learned out your adjudication decision?

Thanks

Did you find the second Poly to be a lot better than the second in terms of the overall experience? (apparently most people fail first and pass the second from what i've seen). My first one, and the first one of a couple of school buddies of mine was terrible.

Yeah. It was better.I knew what I was going in to with the whole polygraph set up (like the questions and the feeling of being hooked up to the machine) and in my experience a different examiner helped.
druman  
#302 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:33:53 PM(UTC)
druman

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well, i got the dreaded “application discontinued” letter from my recruiter, and also in the mail. I can’t believe after going through everything, this happened! I was notified by my recruiter to send a letter to a specific address, asking why my application process has been discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations on what i need to say? Or what i should write in the letter? I mean i know i need to obviously ask why, but i’m not sure if there is some kind of formality I need to include in the letter, or just ask questions as to why, and how long before I can apply again. I hope you all have better luck than i did. I appreciate any help!
velcroTech  
#303 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:14:00 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: druman Go to Quoted Post
Well, i got the dreaded “application discontinued” letter from my recruiter, and also in the mail. I can’t believe after going through everything, this happened! I was notified by my recruiter to send a letter to a specific address, asking why my application process has been discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations on what i need to say? Or what i should write in the letter? I mean i know i need to obviously ask why, but i’m not sure if there is some kind of formality I need to include in the letter, or just ask questions as to why, and how long before I can apply again. I hope you all have better luck than i did. I appreciate any help!

Did it say to wait a year?
druman  
#304 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:41:42 AM(UTC)
druman

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

Did it say to wait a year?

No, it didn't. All the letter stated was that it could be a number of possibilities as to why i have been discontinued, and to write a letter requesting why.
someoldguy  
#305 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:06:53 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 910 time(s) in 763 post(s)
Well, i got the dreaded “application discontinued” letter from my recruiter, and also in the mail. I can’t believe after going through everything, this happened! I was notified by my recruiter to send a letter to a specific address, asking why my application process has been discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations on what i need to say?
I don't think this is an "appeal" letter where you need to craft some carefully worded response, but just a request for info. After you get their response, maybe there are further steps you can pursue.

You may also want to do a "Privacy Act" request to get a copy of your investigation (people always say "Freedom of Information Act" but when it applies to your own personal case, I think it is privacy act). They used to have a link on their internet site.

So it sounds like the letter you received did not have the verbiage that others have reported about "you may apply to other positions" which you may have seen elsewhere on this forum.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
tonyvegas  
#306 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:46:44 PM(UTC)
tonyvegas

Korea, D.P.R.O.

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How long does the In Review process take? I've been at it for over 11 weeks and have a hunch that they are probably going to say no.
BatDog123  
#307 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 4:19:51 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tonyvegas Go to Quoted Post
How long does the In Review process take? I've been at it for over 11 weeks and have a hunch that they are probably going to say no.

Try to be as detailed as possible when looking for advice on this forum, it just usually gains better responses. What is your timeline? Where are you at in processing?
velcroTech  
#308 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 5:41:21 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: tonyvegas Go to Quoted Post

Is it because you are from the DPRK?
rkf4ever  
#309 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:03:23 AM(UTC)
rkf4ever

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I see people mentioning they have talked to, emailed, or heard from the FSO (here and on other sites). Can anyone steer me in the right direction for finding out how to contact this person? I would really like to find out a little more information than my recruiter is able to give.
velcroTech  
#310 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:14:50 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: rkf4ever Go to Quoted Post
I see people mentioning they have talked to, emailed, or heard from the FSO (here and on other sites). Can anyone steer me in the right direction for finding out how to contact this person? I would really like to find out a little more information than my recruiter is able to give.

FSO is for contractors. If you applied for a job with the USG there is no FSO for you.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 7/19/2019(UTC)
rkf4ever  
#311 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:39:46 AM(UTC)
rkf4ever

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rkf4ever Go to Quoted Post

FSO is for contractors. If you applied for a job with the USG there is no FSO for you.

Ohhh, ok I see, well in that case the wait continues.
StrikingViper  
#312 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:10:30 PM(UTC)
StrikingViper

United States

01/19 Applied
03/19 Invite to Interview Event
04/19 Interview
05/19 CJO
06/19 SF-86 and HR forms
06/19 Request for Revision
07/19 Email that I am in suitability processing
Khan  
#313 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 8:27:01 PM(UTC)
Khan

United States

5/2019 - Applied on NSA Official Website.
7/2019 - Took DLPT test at HQ and had Operational interview.

What if your interview doesn't go well, do you still get the CJO or is it depends solely on your interview?

I am currently employed by the DoD and have a current TS/SCI with CI Poly.

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 8:28:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

velcroTech  
#314 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 4:27:27 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: Khan Go to Quoted Post
5/2019 - Applied on NSA Official Website.
7/2019 - Took DLPT test at HQ and had Operational interview.

What if your interview doesn't go well, do you still get the CJO or is it depends solely on your interview?

I am currently employed by the DoD and have a current TS/SCI with CI Poly.

Did you get the contact info for the people conducting the interview? If they did not offer it, always ask. You can follow up with them and be up front and ask if they are going to extend an offer to you.
Khan  
#315 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:13:00 AM(UTC)
Khan

United States

They told me that I will hear from HR so I didn't ask them further questions. No they did not left any contact info. I only have my recruiter information.

Edited by user Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:14:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

financegirl1  
#316 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:54:37 PM(UTC)
financegirl1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
can anyone describe what type of questions are asked in the operational interview? what to expect?
BatDog123  
#317 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:14:37 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: financegirl1 Go to Quoted Post
can anyone describe what type of questions are asked in the operational interview? what to expect?

I can't remember any exacts, but I googled how to prepare for a federal interview before hand, and found it extremely helpful. I studied for it like I would have studied for a test, and honestly it ended up being the best interview I have even done. I actively worked on making frequent eye contact, leaning slightly forward to maintain an "involved/interested" persona, instead of slouching, and leaning back like I typically do. I really just tried to feel the vibe of my interviewer, and I noticed that if I got off topic, she would get a bit off topic too. I tried to keep my answers short and to the point, and on topic without too much rambling (my specialty).

If you talk about a problem, make sure you include the solution you found to that problem.

Try looking up the STAR interview method, it helped me plan ahead and helped me form potential answers.

Quote:
The STAR method is a structured manner of responding to a behavioral-based interview question by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing.
Muhdoerves  
#318 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:10:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: financegirl1 Go to Quoted Post

Depends on the role.
For non-technical role, it’s purely STAR questions.
Otherwise, it’s going to be super basic technical questions.

Make sure you have copies of your resume on hand and that you offer them to the interviewer. (I got docked on one interview for not offering my resume despite having them, though they didn’t ask. That interviewer was an ass though.)

Edited by user Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:11:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

anon1678  
#319 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:40:17 AM(UTC)
anon1678

About how long after the interview do you receive yes/no from HR? I noticed some timeline posts mention a month, sometimes two.
thebigone2087  
#320 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:48:59 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It all depends how many applicants they have I suppose. Mine was not quite a month apart from the interview then the CJO.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed