Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MinglingTE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:28:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would appreciate any info or personal experience input regarding this unusual claim I have. In 2018, and I won't go into specifics due to recognition, an oversized and extremely heavy package slammed onto my face as I was maneuvering between the customers many cars, the weight shifted the whole product eventually fell out of box. The top corner of box slammed into my face, I heard my teeth cracking. Called office, took pictures and filled out injury statement. Long story short, I'm terrified of dentist and waited until multiple teeth have literally falling out. So I know to file a ca 1 for first injury, but are the teeth that are fallen out, due to first injury, covered under the ca -1? I'm thinking ca-2? To give you a little background, my supervisor didn't even know where to go to get forms on comp and told me to get forms myself. No return calls from union. Stewards no nothing.
edalder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:11:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 164 post(s)
The problem that I see here is the delay in dental treatment. Have you even seen a dentist? If this happened in 2018, then it has been over six months since the accident. You are going to get a fight from the USPS and OWCP about whether the current problem with your teeth can be attributed to this accident.

If you haven't filed a CA-1, then you need to do so ASAP. If you have, then you need to rattle some cages about getting it forwarded to OWCP so that you get a case number. If you did not seek immediate medical/dental treatment. then there was no medical expense expected and I gather you have been working the whole time since this one happened. Ergo. the CA-1 may have been filed locally with the USPS rather than forwarded to OWCP as OWCP regulations do allow for this to occur when there is no lost time and no medical expense expected.

The other problem that you may have is that most dentists, as a rule, do not do a lot of workers' comp work. It can be a major pain you no where to get them to write the kind of report that you probably will need here.
Kivi
MinglingTE  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:35:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you so much for responding. I know it will be a fight. My dentist office is doing the workers comp claim. This is their first federal one. NO loss of work yet. Its going to be extensive work, so I am anticipating lost time. I have written a statement every time I lose another filling and or tooth. I should have gone in, but again, my dentist fear is so intense, that it took literally the teeth to fall out before I did something about it. I'm thinking maybe I should get an atty. Anybody have thoughts on that.
LeroyToliver  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:17:51 PM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 81 post(s)
talk to folks at the owcpclassroom or LeosProtection for the best advice on this almost unique case
Rss Feed  Atom Feed