Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

63 Pages«<5253545556>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ratigan  
#1061 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 9:30:46 AM(UTC)
Ratigan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
How long does an invite to a Meet & Greet usually take? I submitted my additional information a little over a week ago. When I processed in 2017, I got an invite to the next meet & greet nearly immediately, so this wait is making me very anxious. I no longer have any contacts at my local office, as the entire recruiting staff has changed. Do I need to call to verify they have everything, or is a couple weeks a normal wait time now?

2+ weeks is a typical wait time these days. I waited about that long.
1995JeepCherokee  
#1062 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
How long does an invite to a Meet & Greet usually take? I submitted my additional information a little over a week ago. When I processed in 2017, I got an invite to the next meet & greet nearly immediately, so this wait is making me very anxious. I no longer have any contacts at my local office, as the entire recruiting staff has changed. Do I need to call to verify they have everything, or is a couple weeks a normal wait time now?

It took me like 3+ weeks for an invite after doing my additional info then over another month to actually go to my M&G.

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 9:31:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App: 12/11
P1: 12/22
Add. Info: 1/2
M&G: 2/8
Writing: 4/9
Panel: 6/4
Pass P2: 6/10
PFT (Fail): 6/19
PFT (2nd): 8/15
Tpr6701  
#1063 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 9:54:00 AM(UTC)
Tpr6701

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would like to give a quick tip to everyone who is awaiting the Meet & Greet session. Do not let the name "meet & greet" fool you. Treat this like you are showing up to the interview of your lifetime.

I don't care what anyone says, you dress in a neutral color suit, shirt and tie combo. For girls, the same rule applies, a nice neutral color two-piece suit. You can never go wrong with being in a suit (unless you show up to PFT in a suit, then that's on you). Have all the required items with you, don't double-check it, triple check everything to make sure everything is there, exactly how they want it. Lastly, when you meet those agents, carry yourself very well. Don't be shy and timid, but don't be "that guy/gal" either. If you are asked any questions, and I mean ANY, you answer them like you are on your panel interview, so take it very seriously. If you have any questions, make sure to ask them and don't shy away. If you do not have any questions to ask, just come up with a question or two, show them you are interested because you are interested. This is your dream job!

These tips, in my opinion, will mean the difference between getting ranked competitive or least competitive, considering your resume looks good.

Good luck.

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 9:55:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Tpr6701 for this useful post.
Ezhikus on 7/19/2019(UTC), BeardBreadman on 7/19/2019(UTC), 1995JeepCherokee on 7/19/2019(UTC)
BeardBreadman  
#1064 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 11:04:54 AM(UTC)
BeardBreadman

United States

Originally Posted by: Tpr6701 Go to Quoted Post
I would like to give a quick tip to everyone who is awaiting the Meet & Greet session. Do not let the name "meet & greet" fool you. Treat this like you are showing up to the interview of your lifetime.

I don't care what anyone says, you dress in a neutral color suit, shirt and tie combo. For girls, the same rule applies, a nice neutral color two-piece suit. You can never go wrong with being in a suit (unless you show up to PFT in a suit, then that's on you). Have all the required items with you, don't double-check it, triple check everything to make sure everything is there, exactly how they want it. Lastly, when you meet those agents, carry yourself very well. Don't be shy and timid, but don't be "that guy/gal" either. If you are asked any questions, and I mean ANY, you answer them like you are on your panel interview, so take it very seriously. If you have any questions, make sure to ask them and don't shy away. If you do not have any questions to ask, just come up with a question or two, show them you are interested because you are interested. This is your dream job!

These tips, in my opinion, will mean the difference between getting ranked competitive or least competitive, considering your resume looks good.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the tips, when does competitive vs least competitive come into play? Is that for Phase 2 interview or?

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 11:05:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Application: 6/23
Pass Ph 1: 7/10
Additional Info: 7/21
M&G: 08/07

Run for your bread, run for your beard.
hopefulguy  
#1065 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 11:29:17 AM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BeardBreadman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to start following this thread. My wife applied for the Special Agent position and got invited to start Phase 1 and take the written test.

What should she expect? This could be HUGE for us. Very happy for her, I know its just the beginning and the road ahead is going to tough and long but none the less very excited.

I just passed phase 1 and I just used the study material on the FBI website. It was very helpful. Good luck to her!

Im praying! She ordered a study guide from Amazon will be getting it today and Ill tell her to use the guide from their web site also since you said that helped you.

Ratigan  
#1066 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 11:53:39 AM(UTC)
Ratigan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Good luck.

Thanks for all the tips, when does competitive vs least competitive come into play? Is that for Phase 2 interview or?

It comes after the M&G. Your resume is sent to headquarters and reviewed. You then receive an email with your ranking. If you're ranked competitive, you get an invite to Phase II; if not, you have to wait a year to reapply.
BeardBreadman  
#1067 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 11:57:19 AM(UTC)
BeardBreadman

United States

Originally Posted by: Ratigan Go to Quoted Post

Good luck.

It comes after the M&G. Your resume is sent to headquarters and reviewed. You then receive an email with your ranking. If you're ranked competitive, you get an invite to Phase II; if not, you have to wait a year to reapply.

Thanks for the all the info. So you weren't lying about wanting to put on a good impression during the M&G with appearance and such.

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 12:31:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mugatu300  
#1068 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 7:34:57 AM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

Hello,

I’m new to the forums and am seeking some advice regarding Phase 2 Interview. I received an interview invitation email on July 2nd and immediately signed up and logged into their online scheduler (maybe 15 minutes after timestamp on initial email). However it said there were no available times/dates for my interview week. I kept checking every 5 minutes and about 2 hours later the status was updated to "This Interview Is Now Closed". Is it normal for these interviews to fill up that fast? I contacted the agency and they said to keep checking in case a spot opens up; otherwise I would have to wait until the next round of interviews in my area which could take several months. I was a bit disappointed because it has already been awhile since my Phase 2 Writing and I am really eager to progress in the process. Thx in advance for any help.

Applied: 6/24/18
Phase 1: 8/21/18
Meet&Greet: 11/28/18
Phase 2 Writing: 2/28/19
Phase 2 Interview: ?????
LadySA2018  
#1069 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:01:13 PM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I’m new to the forums and am seeking some advice regarding Phase 2 Interview. I received an interview invitation email on July 2nd and immediately signed up and logged into their online scheduler (maybe 15 minutes after timestamp on initial email). However it said there were no available times/dates for my interview week. I kept checking every 5 minutes and about 2 hours later the status was updated to "This Interview Is Now Closed". Is it normal for these interviews to fill up that fast? I contacted the agency and they said to keep checking in case a spot opens up; otherwise I would have to wait until the next round of interviews in my area which could take several months. I was a bit disappointed because it has already been awhile since my Phase 2 Writing and I am really eager to progress in the process. Thx in advance for any help.

Applied: 6/24/18
Phase 1: 8/21/18
Meet&Greet: 11/28/18
Phase 2 Writing: 2/28/19
Phase 2 Interview: ?????

I would assume with the new process of having P2 interviews locally, there are less slots available than when they did them regionally, where they had 200+ slots. This is, unfortunately, probably the new norm. Good luck - hopefully a slot opens up for you.
App for SA: 10/31/17
BI started: 4/30/18
Pre Q PFT: 9/6/19
Q: 10/27/19
BeardBreadman  
#1070 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:57:53 AM(UTC)
BeardBreadman

United States

What is everyone's experience with self pft vs official with scores? I know the application says to take off 7 points for a scale, but if that I'd correct. I have A LOT of work to do.

Edited by user Sunday, July 21, 2019 11:08:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Toastie  
#1071 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 11:47:55 AM(UTC)
Toastie

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What is everyone's experience with self pft vs official with scores? I know the application says to take off 7 points for a scale, but if that I'd correct. I have A LOT of work to do.

No experience with the real thing, but I do k ow nothing gauges progress like going down to the track with a friend (ideally one not afraid to criticize) and do the whole thing. I suspect a lot of candidates lie to themselves, add up all of their best of scores and figure they're passing. Also I'd make sure your pushups form is excellent to ensure all of them get counted.

TLDR your real pft score vs self score will probably depend on your ability to be honest with yourself
SA '19
Applied: 3/23/19
P1 4/2/19
M&G 4/30/19
Competitive 6/17/19
P2 written 6/23/19
P2 interview: August (mid August)

BeardBreadman  
#1072 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:03:45 PM(UTC)
BeardBreadman

United States

Originally Posted by: Toastie Go to Quoted Post

No experience with the real thing, but I do k ow nothing gauges progress like going down to the track with a friend (ideally one not afraid to criticize) and do the whole thing. I suspect a lot of candidates lie to themselves, add up all of their best of scores and figure they're passing. Also I'd make sure your pushups form is excellent to ensure all of them get counted.

TLDR your real pft score vs self score will probably depend on your ability to be honest with yourself

Ok, I just followed the FBI app test, 5 min breaks max in between and told my wife to be strict while counting push ups and sit ups(according to the video provided). I'm about a point off from passing(man, that sprint is no joke), but in the application page it takes the 7 points off and my heart skipped a beat. I know I need to work on everything. But I don't think my form and is off for 7 points worth. I'm just trying to decide if I should submit, or work a bit and then submit a better score.

Edited by user Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:17:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LadySA2018  
#1073 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 1:51:12 PM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Ain't that the truth. Personally, my scores went up a few points because I perform better under pressure. I did the most sit-ups and push-ups I had ever done while at the actual test. My sprint was in line with what I was self-testing at. My 1.5 mile time was about 30 seconds slower, probably because I pushed myself harder during the other 3 events. Toastie is spot on --- I think most peoples' scores drop because they aren't truly honest with themselves in training and the test is strict with rest time and proper form.

thanks 1 user thanked LadySA2018 for this useful post.
BeardBreadman on 7/22/2019(UTC)
tamvid11  
#1074 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 4:19:26 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Ok, I just followed the FBI app test, 5 min breaks max in between and told my wife to be strict while counting push ups and sit ups(according to the video provided). I'm about a point off from passing(man, that sprint is no joke), but in the application page it takes the 7 points off and my heart skipped a beat. I know I need to work on everything. But I don't think my form and is off for 7 points worth. I'm just trying to decide if I should submit, or work a bit and then submit a better score.

This is definitely the way to go about testing yourself. Do not do the events individually and think that will be your score during an administered test. Do the events in order and under the conditions they expect you to do them in. Remember, you need to be overall fit. Throw in some cross training, weight lifting, and other things to help you train. And remember - they expect this to be a lifestyle, not just pass the test and get lazy. Don't shoot for the minimum - if you are - change your mindset now. They will want to see you pushing yourself. The 7 points is a shock for most people - and I can see that being accurate for people who haven't really tested their physicality and their mentality prior to taking a true administered test. I never really did a true self test prior to taking an administered test, but fitness has been a part of my life - every day. I knew where I was at physically and mentally so I knew passing was going to happen. It did. I've scored well on the administered tests, but I'm never satisfied and still work every day to be better. Push yourself now, so they don't have to push you - or cut you later. You may only have to do 1 PFT when you get to the academy, but the other physical stuff is no joke - you need to be in shape - better shape than 90% of people around you right now. Keep working cause you got this!
6/27/19: Reapplied
7/11/19: Add. Info Submitted
Meet & Greet scheduled 7/26
Meet & Greet 8/7
thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
tamvid11  
#1075 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 4:28:56 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anyone know how the FBI is doing their office preference list now? Is it still list out all the field offices 1-56, or have they changed this in the last couple of years?
6/27/19: Reapplied
7/11/19: Add. Info Submitted
Meet & Greet scheduled 7/26
Meet & Greet 8/7
LadySA2018  
#1076 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 5:01:25 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Does anyone know how the FBI is doing their office preference list now? Is it still list out all the field offices 1-56, or have they changed this in the last couple of years?

I have not heard that it is any different. The only change I have been made aware of is now you have a few lines to justify why you picked your #1 office as #1.
Hampton121  
#1077 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 5:50:12 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
i'm still waiting for my meet and greet invite it's been 2 weeks now :( my process was moving so fast before
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
BeardBreadman  
#1078 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 7:51:22 AM(UTC)
BeardBreadman

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
i'm still waiting for my meet and greet invite it's been 2 weeks now :( my process was moving so fast before

I just submitted my info last night, I'm doing my best to not get anxious, but it's so hard not to. Good luck.

Hampton121  
#1079 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 8:14:15 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

I just submitted my info last night, I'm doing my best to not get anxious, but it's so hard not to. Good luck.

Thanks i will try not too but here is my timeline

App: 6/28/19
Phase 1 invite: 6/30/2019
Phase 1 test: 7/2/2019
Request for info: 7/5/2019
Info submitted: 7/5/2019
Meet and Greet status update: 7/8/2019
Meet and Greet invite: ???TBA
mrpoopybuthole  
#1080 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 5:23:27 PM(UTC)
mrpoopybuthole

United States

Hello All.

I got fired from my police job as a probationary 1rst year police officer. I am currently in the background check process for the FBI. I've accepted my conditional offer and I have my PSI coming up in a week. What are the chances this event will hurt my prospects from this point on in the process?

A little background, I got past phase 2 back in January when I was working as a teacher and put my process on hold when a small police dept hired me.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed