Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
144 Pages«<134135136137138>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BHP  
#2701 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:06:56 PM(UTC)
BHP

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was a 1/19 applicant, tested in 2/19, interviewed in 7/19. So 6 months seems to be a pretty accurate timeline.
Rabbitsfoot  
#2702 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:57:19 PM(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I’m a 6/2018 fed employee applicant. Has anyone from this group had their BI completed or been approved by the hiring panel for definate offers? Or do you know if they wait until closer to the academy start date? Any info would be appreciated.
Rabbitsfoot  
#2703 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:59:34 PM(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot

Also, has anyone been notified lately if their interim clearance was approved?
FinCrimesJD  
#2704 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:55:17 PM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rabbitsfoot Go to Quoted Post
I’m a 6/2018 fed employee applicant. Has anyone from this group had their BI completed or been approved by the hiring panel for definate offers? Or do you know if they wait until closer to the academy start date? Any info would be appreciated.

Negative on any current updates. 08/18 applicant (non-fed)

Most of us are still awaiting that glorious packet that gives us the next steps after HR said referred for hire.
thanks 2 users thanked FinCrimesJD for this useful post.
Rabbitsfoot on 8/7/2019(UTC), Buffalo84 on 8/8/2019(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot  
#2705 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:17:29 PM(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot

Good luck everyone!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Rabbitsfoot for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 8/7/2019(UTC)
AlecN  
#2706 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 7:37:56 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
August 2018 candidate. Passed April interview, per the HR folks at the DEA, and recommended to move forward.

Has anyone, at all, heard anything about moving forward with the hiring process? I was told that they are still waiting on OPM to square themselves away, so hopefully that happens soon. I've been in limbo for roughly 4 months and curious if that is the same status for everyone else. If someone has gotten a phone call or email about the next steps, I would be truly happy to know something is about to begin.

Thanks.
Critter82  
#2707 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 7:44:28 AM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Same here. I’ve not heard anything more than you have at this point. 8/18 applicant. I just know I was referred.
stimpy729  
#2708 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 8:31:43 AM(UTC)
stimpy729

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I am almost wondering if we won’t hear anything until after the beginning of FY20 when the budget should be in place. I agree it is more than nerve wrecking especially if a move is going to be involved.
HafFull  
#2709 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 9:21:25 AM(UTC)
HafFull

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Same here. I interviewed in March and was told May 1 that I was recommended. I emailed last week and they apologized for the day, saying they are still waiting for OPM. I must say I am super impressed with how quickly they respond to emails-within minutes. I do have faith that as soon as they get all the certifications we will get our disclosure packets. But yes it’s such a test of patience!
temeriti  
#2710 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 9:24:29 AM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stimpy729 Go to Quoted Post
I am almost wondering if we won’t hear anything until after the beginning of FY20 when the budget should be in place. I agree it is more than nerve wrecking especially if a move is going to be involved.

That's the thing, exactly. It's a waiting game, and for those of us with kids and pending promotions/positions from another agency, it's like...*looks around wide-eyed*
GearUp  
#2711 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 12:10:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 554 time(s) in 188 post(s)
The waiting sucks. I know. But I suggest you move on with living your lives. Don't pass up on something waiting to hear from HQ/HR. You can't put your lives and everything on hold. So please, for your own sanity, don't dwell on it too much. If opportunities come along, take them. Nothing says you can't take this job just because you accepted another one or a promotion. I know its stressful and you want answers so you can make decisions. But this is a very slow process. Slower than most others. I wish I could tell you why but I can't (a lot, not everything, has to do with OPM). I wish I could tell you when HQ/HR will contact you all for the next step in the process. I can't. All I can tell you is that in the end the wait will be worth it (in my opinion). Try not to stress and worry over it and live your lives. Stressing over the wait won't make it go any faster and only cause you more stress and anxiety. Hopefully you'll hear something sooner rather than later. Wishing you all good luck.

thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
Rabbitsfoot on 8/12/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 8/12/2019(UTC), Shyguy on 8/13/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 8/28/2019(UTC)
HafFull  
#2712 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 12:25:48 PM(UTC)
HafFull

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
For some reason I don’t have the “thank” option available but wanted to say so, for bringing in a little grounding and reminder to trust the process and the timing. I’m with the others, super excited and anxious for my family to be able to plan for that next phase, but we have to stay sane in the current one in the meantime—somehow!!! :). Thanks for the well wishes and support, from all of y’all. Means a lot!
AlecN  
#2713 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 4:51:22 PM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Although I appreciate and understand your candor, it's not as easy as just trying to relax and not over concentrate on a single career opportunity. When you live in a semi-small, liberal town in Montana, things are a bit more complicated and easily reductive. Especially when the job market is extremely competitive and the standard of living is far higher than the average income. I'm not one to complain, only stating a brutal fact. Fly-fishing camping, and hiking definitely help take the focus off, however. Bow season is right around the corner too...
agent05  
#2714 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:14:45 PM(UTC)
agent05

Do diversion investigators get credentials?
How much overtime is there say for an office in a metropolitan City like Houston?
Do DI’s get holidays off and is M-F?
GearUp  
#2715 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:05:47 AM(UTC)

DIs do get credentials.

OT depends on the office you work in. Hard to guess how much OT in any particular office as there are many variables. The cases dictate the amount of OT you work.

DIs get all the federal holidays off. In my time on the job I can't recall working any holiday. I'm sure it has happened to some DIs but if it has it was an extremely rare situation. DIs usually work M - F "9 to 5" with weekends and holidays off.
thanks 3 users thanked for this useful post.
Rabbitsfoot on 8/14/2019(UTC), temeriti on 8/15/2019(UTC), agent05 on 8/17/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#2716 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:13:10 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rabbitsfoot Go to Quoted Post

They wait until much closer to academy date. Usually I'd say about 2 months out you might see. I'm from the 2017 group and know my BI was completed and with hiring panel last month, but HR informed me next class isn't until March 2020, so I don't expect to hear anything until easily January earliest.
agent05  
#2717 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 7:04:12 PM(UTC)
agent05

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
DIs do get credentials.

OT depends on the office you work in. Hard to guess how much OT in any particular office as there are many variables. The cases dictate the amount of OT you work.

DIs get all the federal holidays off. In my time on the job I can't recall working any holiday. I'm sure it has happened to some DIs but if it has it was an extremely rare situation. DIs usually work M - F "9 to 5" with weekends and holidays off.

Thanks GearUp... you're always quick to help and very knowledgeable! Oh forgot to ask... what about take home G-rides?
GearUp  
#2718 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 9:35:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
DIs do get credentials.

Thanks GearUp... you're always quick to help and very knowledgeable! Oh forgot to ask... what about take home G-rides?

DIs do get to take home G-rides. However, unlike the Special Agents, DIs use of take home G-rides is on a case by case basis.

Navychick101  
#2719 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 10:57:55 AM(UTC)
Navychick101

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Alright guys I finally broke and called the DI number in DC. I was inquiring about when I can expect my drug questionnaire (basically next recommended step after passing the panel interview). I was told that there were 18 candidates that OPM sent back to get “reworked.” She wouldn’t expound any further than that. She said after that they still have to wait on OPM to certify the certificates.
I am an August 2018 applicant
October 2018 proctored test
March 2019 panel interview
April 2019 found out I was recommended to move onto the next step
thanks 2 users thanked Navychick101 for this useful post.
TxChic on 8/19/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 8/19/2019(UTC)
howellminn  
#2720 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 11:16:38 AM(UTC)
howellminn

United States

Originally Posted by: Navychick101 Go to Quoted Post
Alright guys I finally broke and called the DI number in DC. I was inquiring about when I can expect my drug questionnaire (basically next recommended step after passing the panel interview). I was told that there were 18 candidates that OPM sent back to get “reworked.” She wouldn’t expound any further than that. She said after that they still have to wait on OPM to certify the certificates.
I am an August 2018 applicant
October 2018 proctored test
March 2019 panel interview
April 2019 found out I was recommended to move onto the next step

Interesting...Same timeline as you. That revelation is slightly concerning. Does that mean those individuals are no longer 'recommended' to proceed? It's gotta be soon! My most recent contact with them was in July and they said it should be middle of August.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed