Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

450 Pages«<446447448449450>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Oceania  
#8941 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:34:00 AM(UTC)
Oceania

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TexFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Oceania Go to Quoted Post
I completed the Minneapolis wonderlic and also received the invite for Vermont wonderlic yesterday,

Good deal!

Best of luck with your Writing Samples!

Tex

Thank you so much, best of luck to you too, I did a writing sample at the request of San Diego, it was not through wonderlic, rather a direct request from an email sent directly from San Diego field office. They provided the topic of the essay and gave 2 days to return via reply to their email. It was about 2 1/2 weeks or so ago, hopefully I get an interview, but it has been a while,
teeeeej  
#8942 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:39:48 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I completed the Minneapolis wonderlic and also received the invite for Vermont wonderlic yesterday,

Good deal!

Tex

Thank you so much, best of luck to you too, I did a writing sample at the request of San Diego, it was not through wonderlic, rather a direct request from an email sent directly from San Diego field office. They provided the topic of the essay and gave 2 days to return via reply to their email. It was about 2 1/2 weeks or so ago, hopefully I get an interview, but it has been a while,

San Diego hasn't contacted me about my application, that would be one of my top choices.. I'm jealous!
Oceania  
#8943 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:42:41 PM(UTC)
Oceania

Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post

Good deal!

Tex

San Diego hasn't contacted me about my application, that would be one of my top choices.. I'm jealous!

Yes, San Diego is also one of my top choices,, I still have not heard anything from them regarding an interview though and it has been a while so I don't know if I will get an interview,,l
TexFed77  
#8944 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:54:20 PM(UTC)
TexFed77

United States

Good deal!

Tex

Yes, San Diego is also one of my top choices, I still have not heard anything from them regarding an interview though and it has been a while so I don't know if I will get an interview,,l

There is still time for them to contact you regarding an interview. I have seen others who have been contacted for interviews close to the 30 day mark after the writing sample.

Oceania  
#8945 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:28:28 PM(UTC)
Oceania

Good deal!

Tex

Yes, San Diego is also one of my top choices, I still have not heard anything from them regarding an interview though and it has been a while so I don't know if I will get an interview,,l

There is still time for them to contact you regarding an interview. I have seen others who have been contacted for interviews close to the 30 day mark after the writing sample.

Oh I hope that is the case,, San Diego would be so awesome,, I am sending great thoughts your way too,, I hope you get a great ISO interview soon,,
athena79  
#8946 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 7:04:48 AM(UTC)
athena79

Besides the NOR, has anyone heard back from the Laguna office (CIS-DHA-10515293-WSC)?
TexFed77  
#8947 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 7:49:59 AM(UTC)
TexFed77

United States

Good deal!

Tex

Oh I hope that is the case,, San Diego would be so awesome,, I am sending great thoughts your way too,, I hope you get a great ISO interview soon,,

Thank You, Oceania, we need to receive all the positive energy that we can from each other, ha ha. I hope you hear from them soon! If not, just continue applying. Sometimes you have to apply for 100 jobs to get 1...

teeeeej  
#8948 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:31:51 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Originally Posted by: athena79 Go to Quoted Post
Besides the NOR, has anyone heard back from the Laguna office (CIS-DHA-10515293-WSC)?

Negative. I don't really understand how they rank candidates. With santa Ana, I got the not and eventually got a not selected email, yet other offices seem to want me to do the wonderkic
thanks 1 user thanked teeeeej for this useful post.
athena79 on 8/10/2019(UTC)
teeeeej  
#8949 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:23:58 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Good deal!

Tex

Interesting, was it the same essay or different? I guess they save $$ by not contracting with Wonderlic.
Oceania  
#8950 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:24:23 PM(UTC)
Oceania

Good deal!

Tex

Interesting, was it the same essay or different? I guess they save $$ by not contracting with Wonderlic.

It was completely different and they gave 2 days to do a multi paragraph essay in word format to return to the field office email directly,,
Oceania  
#8951 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:37:47 PM(UTC)
Oceania

Good deal!

Tex

Thank You, Oceania, we need to receive all the positive energy that we can from each other, ha ha. I hope you hear from them soon! If not, just continue applying. Sometimes you have to apply for 100 jobs to get 1...

I received an invite yesterday for interview with Minneapolis,
TexFed77  
#8952 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:41:32 PM(UTC)
TexFed77

United States

Good deal!

Tex

Congratulations!

I wish you the best!

jaxberlin  
#8953 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:34:05 AM(UTC)
jaxberlin

United States

Probably a silly question, but does anyone know if the invites for interviews are all sent out at once? I'm from the Minnesota area and was really hoping for a crack at this position and it was my number one choice for location. I did the Wonderlic and am now waiting for follow-up.
teeeeej  
#8954 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:49:38 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Good deal!

Tex

Did you do the Minneapolis wonderlic back on August 1? I guess i need to take a different approach if I do the wonderlic again. lol.
Oceania  
#8955 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:07:12 AM(UTC)
Oceania

Good deal!

Tex

Did you do the Minneapolis wonderlic back on August 1? I guess i need to take a different approach if I do the wonderlic again. lol.

I did the wonderlic August.1, maybe they are extending interviews in groups ? You might still get an interview, I have read where people get invites on different days,

teeeeej  
#8956 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 11:42:50 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Good deal!

Tex

I did the wonderlic August.1, maybe they are extending interviews in groups ? You might still get an interview, I have read where people get invites on different days,

I got contacted for an interview today. Cool!
TexFed77  
#8957 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 11:45:20 AM(UTC)
TexFed77

United States

Good deal!

Tex

I got contacted for an interview today. Cool!

Good luck to you!

CaDaShe  
#8958 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:05:16 PM(UTC)
CaDaShe

United States

For those who did their fingerprint check, was the form sent to your email address or mailed to your physical address?
How many days after the drug test did you receive the the fingerprint form/card?
GreatlakesISO  
#8959 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:01:56 PM(UTC)
GreatlakesISO

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This thread has been a lot of help. Here is my timeline so far for ISO 2:

O6/10 - Applied
07/08 - NOR
07/08 - Referred
07/10 - Wonderlic Assessment
07/19 - Scheduled for in person panel interview
07/22 - Interview
07/25 - References checked
08/12 - Tentative offer

thanks 2 users thanked GreatlakesISO for this useful post.
magl23 on 8/13/2019(UTC), TexFed77 on 8/15/2019(UTC)
TexFed77  
#8960 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:30:04 PM(UTC)
TexFed77

United States

Originally Posted by: GreatlakesISO Go to Quoted Post
This thread has been a lot of help. Here is my timeline so far for ISO 2:

O6/10 - Applied
07/08 - NOR
07/08 - Referred
07/10 - Wonderlic Assessment
07/19 - Scheduled for in person panel interview
07/22 - Interview
07/25 - References checked
08/12 - Tentative offer

Congratulations!

What office will you be working at? I figure you were already an ISO 1 there, since you had an "in person" panel interview for the ISO 2?

Tex
Rss Feed  Atom Feed