Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

47 Pages«<4243444546>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teeeeej  
#861 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:48:08 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Just received TO
thanks 2 users thanked teeeeej for this useful post.
guruebby on 8/13/2019(UTC), StillWaiting... on 8/14/2019(UTC)
financegirl1  
#862 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:54:16 AM(UTC)
financegirl1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: teeeeej Go to Quoted Post
Just received TO

Congrats !
TexSass  
#863 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:55:46 AM(UTC)
TexSass

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just received TO

Congratulations!! I know you were on the edge of your seat in anticipation.
Papoose79  
#864 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:01:40 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: financegirl1 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys! I have received a job offer from a different agency that is $12k more in salary than the TCO TO. has anyone tried negotiating in a situation like this? Will the IRS match the salary in order for me to accept the TCO position?

Are you not a government employee already? Government pay negotiations are not like non government jobs. They most likely WILL NOT negotiate with you on that, especially when they have 1000s more applicants for that same position. If I were you and want higher pay go for the $12k more paying job; if you really want in at the IRS you will most likely have to suck it up and sit tight while trying to get that GS9 job.

Depends how desperate they are. If you apply to something wit many vacancies that is somewhere that people don't want to live, you have more room to negotiate. or you have skills that are in high demand and hard to find.

You are speaking of a situation that's not in the norm, and of course it can be done in that situation; however I can guarantee you that's not the case with this TCO position or most if any positions with the IRS!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:02:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Papoose79  
#865 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:04:09 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Just received TO

Congrats!!
tinyfrog  
#866 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:09:08 PM(UTC)
tinyfrog

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just received TO

Fantastic news, congratulations!!!!
jxin  
#867 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:02:33 PM(UTC)
jxin

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just received TO

Congrats!!!!
jxin  
#868 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:12:33 PM(UTC)
jxin

United States

Originally Posted by: StillWaiting... Go to Quoted Post
If any internal gets an updated training schedule, please post it.

Not an internal and I haven't received any news but I am estimating this schedule based on the one previously shared by ssa&irs, and assuming that the lengths of each section are kept the same as the previous as well as if the start date is set to September 30th. So the orientation + Pre-classroom should be 2 weeks, Unit I 5 weeks, On the Job ~11 weeks, and then Unit II. That would make the dates -

TCO Orientation & Pre-Classroom Activities (Could be at POD or away from home) – 9/30 - 10/11
Unit I Classroom Training (Away from home) – 10/14 - 11/16

However, there will be two federal holidays within the Unit I Classroom Training period, so I'm not sure how that would be handled.

Monday, October 14 - Columbus Day
Monday, November 11 - Veterans Day

If anyone has any news on the training dates or locations please do share it with the rest of us. I'm dying to hear about the locations and dates almost a little more than the FO itself.
Sillyapple  
#869 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:29:19 PM(UTC)
Sillyapple

United States

Just received TO

Congrats and what location you got?
teeeeej  
#870 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:16:51 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Originally Posted by: Sillyapple Go to Quoted Post
Just received TO

Congrats and what location you got?

Phoenix.
Cephas219  
#871 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:09:28 AM(UTC)
Cephas219

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jxin Go to Quoted Post

Not an internal and I haven't received any news but I am estimating this schedule based on the one previously shared by ssa&irs, and assuming that the lengths of each section are kept the same as the previous as well as if the start date is set to September 30th. So the orientation + Pre-classroom should be 2 weeks, Unit I 5 weeks, On the Job ~11 weeks, and then Unit II. That would make the dates -

TCO Orientation & Pre-Classroom Activities (Could be at POD or away from home) – 9/30 - 10/11

However, there will be two federal holidays within the Unit I Classroom Training period, so I'm not sure how that would be handled.

If anyone has any news on the training dates or locations please do share it with the rest of us. I'm dying to hear about the locations and dates almost a little more than the FO itself.

Fed holidays will be paid time off.

Cat B ext, xcsr, nonvet, still in limbo!
Papoose79  
#872 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:02:25 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Cephas219 Go to Quoted Post

Same here! What area are you waiting to hear from?
Cephas219  
#873 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:19:39 AM(UTC)
Cephas219

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I put in top choices for Chat.noog, Atl, and Knoxville, with about 10 others after that, but now wish I’d ranked VA/DC higher in place of an also prefer. The first choices were locations I was more interested in moving to, but not as much anymore.
Papoose79  
#874 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:25:56 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

I put in top choices for Chat.noog, Atl, and Knoxville, with about 10 others after that, but now wish I’d ranked VA/DC higher in place of an also prefer. The first choices were locations I was more interested in moving to, but not as much anymore.

Denver, Lakewood, and Las Vegas top 3; but pretty much open to all the other areas.

Interviewed here in Denver and it's only in my top 3 because I already live here! And yes I am an ex CSR in AM and SBSE.
jxin  
#875 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:09:21 AM(UTC)
jxin

United States

Yeah, I meant if they'll add another two weekdays to the training period to compensate or if they'll condense the material we learn even with the two less days.
Papoose79  
#876 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:13:42 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Yeah, I meant if they'll add another two weekdays to the training period to compensate or if they'll condense the material we learn even with the two less days.

It's been my experience they'll base it on what's happening with the training classes as a whole. If it looks like you're not getting what you need or most seem confused it will probably change. My best piece of advice based on the 2 training classes I've done in 2 different locations is to have plenty of patience and don't be afraid to ask for better understanding!!
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
jxin on 8/14/2019(UTC)
teeeeej  
#877 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:50:00 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Those who have been fingerprinted, what exactly did you bring? Sounds like I might have to invest some $$ into traveling to get fingerprinted. The letter said can't bring phone etc, I can't imagine traveling on a plane and not having a phone with me....
jxin  
#878 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:54:15 AM(UTC)
jxin

United States

Those who have been fingerprinted, what exactly did you bring? Sounds like I might have to invest some $$ into traveling to get fingerprinted. The letter said can't bring phone etc, I can't imagine traveling on a plane and not having a phone with me....

Can't bring phone where???? Letter said what now? I don't remember reading that LOL. Do you have to fly to get to a center for your fingerprints???

I brought my driver's license and passport. I brought the birth certificate, printout flyer, and a copy of my tentative offer letter but it was not needed, but the location was also in a portable so I don't know if you guys would need it to enter the building? Man o man my Id picture was ugly as heck.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:54:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Papoose79  
#879 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:19:06 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Usually the same documents you need for the I9 paperwork will do. Also, if you already have a picture on file from your current agency might be carried over as well.

Do they not have any place that does fingerprints for your area? It shouldn't have to be done at an IRS location especially if you're going to have to spend money to get there.
teeeeej  
#880 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:25:20 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Yes, I have to fly to get fingerprinted. The closest GSA location is in Honolulu. "Perks" of living on a small island in the middle of the ocean.

My agency did take fingerprints and I have a PIV photo, but my PIV photo is in my agency's uniform, and my agency collected my fingerprints rather than the GSA.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed