Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:23:52 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/5/2019(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: San Diego

I have a workers comp case from the defense base Act that I have already been accepted but I have seen a doctor of their choosing and he has written a report that he says I should not see. Being that it effects some of my treatment do I have a right to demand to see it?
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:02:49 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/5/2016(UTC)
Posts: 486
United States
Location: Washington

Thanks: 25 times
Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 85 post(s)
Some of these doctors are clueless as to how workers comp with the DOl works. Once a year you can request a copy of your entire file on a CD that comes with a unique password mailed out seperately so that only you can unlock its contents. Never attend the companies doctor more than once or they become your permanent doctor. They are nothing more than litigators examining you to give the company some medical reason to shut your entire claim down. You need to find your own doctor, one with integrity, and that accepts payments from the DOL. Oh, and they also have to be an actual M.D, not an ortho, therapist, P.H.D, etc..
#3 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 2:58:40 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/9/2001(UTC)
Posts: 2,353

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Looks like you have a case under an extension the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) rather than the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA). Most posters here, myself included, are far more familiar with the FECA than the Longshore Law.

If you have an attorney, have him or her deal with OWCP about the report. If you are not represented, ask the OWCP Longshore office to mail a copy of this report to your attending physician. Then make an appointment with him or her to discuss it and get your own copy of it from your doctor.

There is more than one way "to skin a cat", but doing it this way should be the easiest way to handle this issue.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.231 seconds.