Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

35 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LDomino  
#381 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:18:12 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hey all,

Timeline updates for those that like to commiserate:

Application: Early January 2017
Contacted for testing: Late January 2017
Phone Screen: March 2017
Operational Interview and CJO: Late March 2017
Security Forms Submissions: May 2017
BI Initiation (Credit pull, references contacted): Late May 2017
BI Interview: June 2017
Security Interview: 22,23 July 2019
Poly/Psych: 25 July 2019 (Passed)

I'm assuming nothing left except for waiting on adjudication at this point, which I have heard takes anywhere from 3 months to a year. Baby steps...
thanks 3 users thanked LDomino for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/22/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 8/22/2019(UTC), Armomancer on 8/22/2019(UTC)
prospect2013  
#382 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 3:43:31 PM(UTC)
prospect2013

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

I'm assuming nothing left except for waiting on adjudication at this point, which I have heard takes anywhere from 3 months to a year. Baby steps...

Am I reading this right that between your BI investigator personal interview and your “security interview” and your poly/psych, two years elapsed?! 😮. I have my poly/pysch next month with DIA and had BI interview this week and received CJO in July. Also have NSA offer and NSA is my first choice, so hopefully they can use my DIA investigation since its moving along so I don’t have to wait 2 years. I’m a current fed FWIW.
LDomino  
#383 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Originally Posted by: prospect2013 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

Am I reading this right that between your BI investigator personal interview and your “security interview” and your poly/psych, two years elapsed?! 😮. I have my poly/pysch next month with DIA and had BI interview this week and received CJO in July. Also have NSA offer and NSA is my first choice, so hopefully they can use my DIA investigation since its moving along so I don’t have to wait 2 years. I’m a current fed FWIW.

Hey there; yes, there is a two year gap between those periods. Not surprised really as it jives with many other experiences. From what I know I doubt your two processes will affect each other as they are for to different types of clearances. Your timeline will entirely depend on your personal circumstances. Good luck, it's likely a loooooong road.
BatDog123  
#384 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 5:19:21 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Did anyone else get a semi-scripted "status update" phone call over the weekend?
thebigone2087  
#385 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 5:26:15 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone else get a semi-scripted "status update" phone call over the weekend?

I did not.
clearancedude101  
#386 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 7:24:07 AM(UTC)
clearancedude101

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey all,

Hey there; yes, there is a two year gap between those periods. Not surprised really as it jives with many other experiences. From what I know I doubt your two processes will affect each other as they are for to different types of clearances. Your timeline will entirely depend on your personal circumstances. Good luck, it's likely a loooooong road.

You have a language position offer, right?

Also, what is the security interview? A friend of mine who's 4 months ahead of me in the process (we've had the exact same timelines so I use his as a gauge for mine) has those in a few days, but was told nothing about what they were, and they mentioned nothing about the poly/psych though we both assume that's part of it. Could you fill me in on what those interviews are all about?
LDomino  
#387 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:00:47 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Originally Posted by: clearancedude101 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

Also, what is the security interview? A friend of mine who's 4 months ahead of me in the process (we've had the exact same timelines so I use his as a gauge for mine) has those in a few days, but was told nothing about what they were, and they mentioned nothing about the poly/psych though we both assume that's part of it. Could you fill me in on what those interviews are all about?

Hey ClearanceDude,

The security interview is a more in-depth discussion regarding details of your background. It is not the same thing as your poly/psych, as those are scheduled separately.
clearancedude101  
#388 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:06:30 AM(UTC)
clearancedude101

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey all,

Hey ClearanceDude,

The security interview is a more in-depth discussion regarding details of your background. It is not the same thing as your poly/psych, as those are scheduled separately.

Was your poly scheduled beforehand by email, or did they just decide to do it while you were there?
LDomino  
#389 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:38:17 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Hey all,

Hey ClearanceDude,

Was your poly scheduled beforehand by email, or did they just decide to do it while you were there?

Beforehand by email.
not_real_throwaway  
#390 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:00:20 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey all,

Hey ClearanceDude,

In my case I met with a security investigator in my own workplace (not NSA's location) in April/May 2019 and then heard nothing for months, and then they emailed me a few months later to come to NSA for a poly/psych.
anon1678  
#391 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 1:18:27 PM(UTC)
anon1678

Does anybody know why they do the HR prescreen after interview?
velcroTech  
#392 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 1:35:40 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anon1678 Go to Quoted Post
Does anybody know why they do the HR prescreen after interview?

Because statistically you will not make it through the entire process anyway so they do it whenever there is time. Several of the steps in the process can function independently of one another. Even if you didnt do well in the interview, you might be a better fit for another job. This organization also understands that some really smart people are just really bad at interviews. If they werent interested in you, they wont call you back.
intel6633  
#393 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 1:47:16 PM(UTC)
intel6633

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: intel6633 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for a while now, just wanted to share my timeline as well:

02/19 - Applied
03/19 - Phone Interview (Told that I would be recommended for CJO)
04/19 - Call from the recruiter with salary info and a formal verbal offer
05/19 - Written CJO/equip
05/19 - Sent in transcripts
05/19 - Email from security for extra info.
06/19 - Security processing started
08/19 - Got an Auto-Generated email stating I am in the suitability process

Got an email from the interviewer that security clearance takes 4-6 months to complete.

Thanks,

dcist  
#394 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:01:49 AM(UTC)
dcist

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
New user. My timeline:

01/19 - Applied
03/19 - In-person interview
05/19 - CJO
05/19 - Submitted e-QIP
05/19 - Email from security for extra info

Silence ever since. Would love to know when the next steps will happen but I do understand this whole thing is a black box.
thanks 1 user thanked dcist for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 9/4/2019(UTC)
BatDog123  
#395 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:02:47 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KLS25 Go to Quoted Post
Is the security BI talk investigator usually before or after Pysch/Poly? I have an active security clearance but have not heard anything regarding it but recently got scheduled for the poly. Was wondering if maybe they just took my active clearance as an approval?

Most of the timelines have shown people getting their interviews done prior to the Poly/Psych.

However, I have never had clearance before, and my interview was done 3 months after completing my Poly/Psych. So its honestly hard to say.

Also, I encourage everyone to attend the Virtual Career Fair happening later this afternoon from 1-7pm EST. Its an opportunity to chat with recruiters. I don't think they will provide much on individual timelines, but you can get a chance to chat with them about average timelines or other hiring process questions. I used it last year, and attribute it to being the reason I was extended a CJO. They answered a lot of my questions and guided me in the direction I should head.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:04:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked BatDog123 for this useful post.
velcroTech on 9/4/2019(UTC), clearancedude101 on 9/4/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 9/6/2019(UTC)
We_The_People  
#396 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 9:08:53 PM(UTC)
We_The_People

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey all. I’m a long-time follower of this thread. I know it seems like no progress is ever being made and it can drive you crazy waiting for the next step to occur. Try to hang in there.

11/18 - Applied
11/18 - PearsonVUE CNT
12/18 - Interview
02/19 - Written CJO
02/19 - e-QIP
07/19 - Psych & Poly
09/19 - FJO
10/19 – EOD

For anyone curious about foreign contacts/travel, I’ve traveled abroad quite a few times over the past decade and I have at least 10 family members living overseas. If you have family/friends living abroad, just list as much information as you know about them and everything should be good to go.

Good luck everyone.
thanks 3 users thanked We_The_People for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 9/9/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 9/10/2019(UTC), cornhusker18 on 9/11/2019(UTC)
LDomino  
#397 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Originally Posted by: We_The_People Go to Quoted Post
Hey all. I’m a long-time follower of this thread. I know it seems like no progress is ever being made and it can drive you crazy waiting for the next step to occur. Try to hang in there.

11/18 - Applied
11/18 - PearsonVUE CNT
12/18 - Interview
02/19 - Written CJO
02/19 - e-QIP
07/19 - Psych & Poly
09/19 - FJO
10/19 – EOD

For anyone curious about foreign contacts/travel, I’ve traveled abroad quite a few times over the past decade and I have at least 10 family members living overseas. If you have family/friends living abroad, just list as much information as you know about them and everything should be good to go.

Good luck everyone.

That's a nice timeline, congrats. You mention "at least 10 family members living overseas", were any of them foreign nationals? Many of us assume that FN family members, whether in the US or abroad, are cause for a much longer processing timeline than yours.
We_The_People  
#398 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 6:15:02 PM(UTC)
We_The_People

Originally Posted by: We_The_People Go to Quoted Post

11/18 - Applied
11/18 - PearsonVUE CNT
12/18 - Interview
02/19 - Written CJO
02/19 - e-QIP
07/19 - Psych & Poly
09/19 - FJO
10/19 – EOD

Good luck everyone.

That's a nice timeline, congrats. You mention "at least 10 family members living overseas", were any of them foreign nationals? Many of us assume that FN family members, whether in the US or abroad, are cause for a much longer processing timeline than yours.

Thanks.

All of those family members are foreign nationals (non-US citizens) living abroad. Some have visited the U.S. on a temporary visa, others have not.

It's best to simply list as much information you know about them as possible because they just want to make sure those contacts are not a security risk.
thanks 1 user thanked We_The_People for this useful post.
cornhusker18 on 9/11/2019(UTC)
We_The_People  
#399 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 6:17:30 PM(UTC)
We_The_People

Originally Posted by: KLS25 Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone do the psych and poly on the same day? Seems like a lot to cram in.

Hello,

The Psych and Poly are typically conducted on the same day. Other people may be scheduled for 2 days, but I believe the norm is only 1 day.
curious cows  
#400 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:17:06 AM(UTC)
curious cows

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Timeline update:

2/18 Applied
4/18 Contacted by recruiters
6/18 Interviews
7/18 CJOs
8/18 SF86/EQIP submitted (Also contacted by security for SF86 corrections)
6/19 Contacted by and Interviewed with BI; References contacted
7/19 Security Interview, Psych, and Poly ( Failed )
9/19 Poly 2nd Attempt ( Passed )

Recruiter gave a small update in waiting room that many recruiters are out conducting hiring events and that they should be easier to get a hold of around October. She also mentioned that Adjudication wait time typically lasts up to 5 months. Time for the final big wait :)
thanks 2 users thanked curious cows for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 9/10/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 9/10/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed