Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ask not  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:31:50 AM(UTC)
ask not

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NSA forum has one. Let's have one in here.
Dexter1  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:06:33 AM(UTC)
Dexter1

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That’s a good idea.

But I think the problem is that the NSA actually hires people and CIA only gives people COEs without hiring any of them.
Just my opinion. 3 years waiting, haven’t seen one person get hired or get a final clearance.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:08:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hampton121  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dexter1 Go to Quoted Post
That’s a good idea.

But I think the problem is that the NSA actually hires people and CIA only gives people COEs without hiring any of them.
Just my opinion. 3 years waiting, haven’t seen one person get hired or get a final clearance.

At least you got into the process, i've applied for at least 10 jobs with them and never heard a single thing back.
Dexter1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:49:30 AM(UTC)
Dexter1

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dexter1 Go to Quoted Post
That’s a good idea.

At least you got into the process, i've applied for at least 10 jobs with them and never heard a single thing back.

It took me applying once every year for 6 years just to get my application noticed. Don’t give up.
ask not  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:25:43 AM(UTC)
ask not

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It is also possible that those who got hired don't post on here anymore due to the secrecy requirement.
someoldguy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:52:52 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 902 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
I applied three times, I think, never heard a peep. In fact I don't think I even got an email acknowledging the application.

You may have noticed there's a relatively new site intelligencecareers.gov All the IC agencies have a presence there.

Well... ALMOST all of them :)

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
hopefulguy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:17:46 PM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

For you guys thinking about starting the process or those of you in the process, this podcast should give you all hope. I think hiring timelines have all improved compared to the horror stories posted around the web.

https://podcasts.apple.c...nce-matters/id1286906615

Go to episode CIA's Top Recruiter on How the Agency Finds Its Spies

https://podcasts.apple.c...86906615?i=1000415610613

Its a great listen and it's pretty recent produced July 10th, 2018.
anonymouse134  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:08:00 AM(UTC)
anonymouse134

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Finally got the call to start!

Final timeline:
Application - November 2016
Interview - February 2017
CJO - April 2017
Poly/Psych/Med - July 2017
SF86 References Contacted - December 2017
EOD - August 2019

See you all on the other side hopefully. Signing off.

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:09:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked anonymouse134 for this useful post.
hopefulguy on 7/27/2019(UTC), isitoveryet on 7/27/2019(UTC), Blueline9987 on 7/28/2019(UTC), surenot on 7/30/2019(UTC), Dexter1 on 7/30/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 8/27/2019(UTC)
isitoveryet  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:33:38 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

Originally Posted by: CiaUsa Go to Quoted Post
Thought I'd post my timeline here as well, seems to being going fairly quickly.

Application (Online) - July 2018
Online Assessment - November 2018
Interview - February 2019
COE - February 2019
Medical/Polygraph - June 2019
SF86 References Contacted - July 2019

Is the longest part adjudication? I couldn't really get any info from them on how long that takes, I got "it's different for everybody".

The longest part is adjudication BY FAR. Your timeline so far seems "normal" to me and is similar to mine. My field investigation ended in October and I've been in adjudication ever since. I'm thinking maybe there's an investigational part that's internal to the agency, after the field investigation, that none of us know about. I don't see why adjudication alone would routinely take this long. That's just me speculating though.
jarreed  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 9:42:55 AM(UTC)
jarreed

Spain

Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible they hiring process (especially background) takes so long because they prioritize clandestine candidates? Just a thought..

I think you bring up a good point. The process is for the most part similar, but its exclusive to the directorate you applied to. If you applied to the DO, the DO has first dibs on you as a candidate and you cannot move forward with any other directorate until the DO rejects you or you decide you do not want to continue the process. The DO is also the directorate than can have the longest process, my guess is that most peeps on here are cybers, and we can see what a hiring timeline looks like for the DS&T directorate.

Totally unrelated but perhaps similar, Federal Soup restricts VPNs and unverified email addresses, so most people exercise retrain when sharing their process, other would lurk rather than exposing themselves. I would find it difficult to believe that DO applicants would be sharing their timelines.
someoldguy  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 5:11:19 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
Applied Online: Dec 2018
Medical\Pysch\Ploygraph: Sept 2019

Whats left?
The long wait.

isitoveryet  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 6:32:33 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

The longest part of the process, by far. Buckle up for about another 18 months, quiet months
isitoveryet  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 9:07:22 AM(UTC)
isitoveryet

Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
ANOTHER?!?!? Stop joking?
I was told by my recruiter that I would never go 3 or 4 months without hearing from them which so far has happened.
Also, my BI said that the adjudication should be 4-6 for me. That they've "got a lot better as of late" and that all adjudicators have a certain time frame they have to have their work submitted by.

She did add that my agency can speed things up for certain positions which might happen (this one I'm not holding my breath on). But the above sounds right. When I interviewed every timeline they have given me has been off by no more than 1 or 2 weeks. Timeline hearing back after submitting the application online (the 30 to 45 days things), timeline on getting a COE IF I was going to get one was right on time, timeline getting the packet in the mail, etc etc all have more or less been spot on. Lets see if it stays that way and the BI is right.

Yea you won't go 3 or 4 months without hearing from them because they just implemented a 'rule' for a POC to call you and let you know you're actively processing every 45 days. So from here forward you shouldn't go longer than that without hearing from them. Also, you say "my agency", this is for the CIA right? This is the CIA board so everything here speaks to that. And as far as them saying they've gotten a lot better as of late, I'm still processing and BI field work was done last October. So I say they're full of it lol The recruiter just tells you stuff to keep you at bay but they really don't know anything because the security office is a completely different department and the POCs aren't allowed to be told anything. Go ahead and try to ask them if you're in adjudication or anything specific like that, they'll tell you they don't know lol

edit: and I can't believe your BI quoted you a timeline for adjudication. They have no clue, as they aren't involved in that process at all. I'd say to completely disregard that

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 1:35:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WaitingForever  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:59:07 PM(UTC)
WaitingForever

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I feel horrible for all the people just doing BIs right now. Maybe I'm just slow (not that there's anything particularly egregious or difficult in my background), but I'm nearly 2 years in adjudication. I guess I could hear any (week)day now, but the process is truly grueling if you think about it. Just move on as if you never got an offer or were denied and it'll save you a ton of grief.
thanks 2 users thanked WaitingForever for this useful post.
isitoveryet on 9/7/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 9/10/2019(UTC)
hopefulguy  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 3:12:18 PM(UTC)
hopefulguy

Man
United States

From what i understand timelines can be sped up for different directorates/jobs/GSlevels. Also agency need, if there are a ton of vacancies for a position can get bump up before others.
americaexplain  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:31:10 PM(UTC)
americaexplain

United States

Applied: 06/18
Initial interest/additional documents and testing: 08/18
Interview: 10/18
COE/SF-86: 11/18
Poly: 04/19
BI: 07/19 - 09/19 (I'm just assuming it's done since I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks after constant communication).

Let the waiting commence
ccg21  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 4:10:12 PM(UTC)
ccg21

Came across this thread.... Doesn't really make sense to me that people who are about to enter one of the most secretive organizations on this earth are posting timelines and stories for all, including enemies, to see? I thought discretion was a must from what I've heard. Not sure what the specific rules are for this organization, but coming across this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I'm clueless?
someoldguy  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:00:53 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

On the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.
stowawaythrowaway19  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:10:50 PM(UTC)
stowawaythrowaway19

United States

I have a few questions about the process. Had a phone interview back in the early summer. Was told unless I received something in the mail, I’m still in the process. I haven’t heard anything since, yet have received no rejection letter. Is it safe to say I’m still in the process? Or am I just out at this point, and they’re too swamped with applications to send letters to everyone?
velcroTech  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:05:37 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stowawaythrowaway19 Go to Quoted Post
I have a few questions about the process. Had a phone interview back in the early summer. Was told unless I received something in the mail, I’m still in the process. I haven’t heard anything since, yet have received no rejection letter. Is it safe to say I’m still in the process? Or am I just out at this point, and they’re too swamped with applications to send letters to everyone?

They might call you or send an email out of the blue inviting you in to finish the process.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed