Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

33 Pages«<313233
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gk2018  
#641 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:52:34 PM(UTC)
Gk2018

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did you contact the FO conducting your interview?
wskv  
#642 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:56:18 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gk2018 Go to Quoted Post
Did you contact the FO conducting your interview?

No — reach out to your local office.
App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
PSI: 29 Jul
Poly: 15 Aug - Fail 9 Sep
CriminalIA  
#643 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:04:00 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wskv Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gk2018 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone interviewing in Boston receive flight information yet? I know the FO is suppose to directly contact us.

There was a mix-up at my FO when I was scheduled to go to PHX for my P3. The same thing seemed to happen to a couple of folks here regarding their P3 travel to PHX, too, but we all got it sorted out by contacting HR at our local office. If you still haven't gotten your itinerary, I would reach out to your FO and connect with someone.

I second wskv.
Your local FO will be the one handling your itinerary/reservations. If you are concerned about not having info yet, then contact your local FO so they can provide you with additional information.
P1&2: taken/pass in 2015-16
Continued app. in 2018
P3: 6/10/19 (taken) - 6/18/19 (pass)
CJO: 7/5/19
PSI: 7/24/19
Poly: 8/14/19
wskv  
#644 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:27:31 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Well, it looks like I'm out. I just got an official notification that I did not pass my polygraph. I went in knowing that this was a possibility -- only 50% of applicants pass the FBI poly -- but I'm still a bit disheartened. I went in very fearful of getting a false positive, so much so that I had to speak with my therapist because it was starting to affect me more than standard anxiety. I had absolutely nothing to hide, and I was honest throughout; the equipment said otherwise, thus realizing my fear. When questioned about the specific items that threw up red flags, I was completely shocked. I was given a chance to "come clean" about anything I may have been hiding, but how do you come clean when there's nothing to admit to?

There's a lot of information on the internet that attempts to put the poly in a negative light, and, in a vacuum, a lot of them are probably right, but my experience with the FBI poly indicated that it is a vital part of the process and leaves very little room for error. I was really fortunate to have an examiner who wanted me to succeed, and I trust him and the process in their entirety -- I'm simply just taking this to mean that I'm not FBI material rather than blaming the testing process.

For those still in this cycle or anyone who happens to read this down the road, I wish you the best of luck.
App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
PSI: 29 Jul
Poly: 15 Aug - Fail 9 Sep
WaitingIsTheHardestPart  
#645 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 7:00:41 PM(UTC)
WaitingIsTheHardestPart

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well, it looks like I'm out. I just got an official notification that I did not pass my polygraph. I went in knowing that this was a possibility -- only 50% of applicants pass the FBI poly -- but I'm still a bit disheartened. I went in very fearful of getting a false positive, so much so that I had to speak with my therapist because it was starting to affect me more than standard anxiety. I had absolutely nothing to hide, and I was honest throughout; the equipment said otherwise, thus realizing my fear. When questioned about the specific items that threw up red flags, I was completely shocked. I was given a chance to "come clean" about anything I may have been hiding, but how do you come clean when there's nothing to admit to?

There's a lot of information on the internet that attempts to put the poly in a negative light, and, in a vacuum, a lot of them are probably right, but my experience with the FBI poly indicated that it is a vital part of the process and leaves very little room for error. I was really fortunate to have an examiner who wanted me to succeed, and I trust him and the process in their entirety -- I'm simply just taking this to mean that I'm not FBI material rather than blaming the testing process.

For those still in this cycle or anyone who happens to read this down the road, I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry to hear this! Don't let it get you down though, there are plenty of opportunities outside of the FBI.
thanks 1 user thanked WaitingIsTheHardestPart for this useful post.
wskv on 9/10/2019(UTC)
Dune-8  
#646 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:54:06 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well, it looks like I'm out.

Darn! Really sorry to hear, wskv. Best of luck with your future endeavors.
George Maschke  
#647 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:23:59 AM(UTC)
George Maschke

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I regret that you were disqualified based on polygraph results. I had a similar experience myself. I'm puzzled by your take on this, however.

You told the truth on your polygraph, yet you failed it. How does your experience indicate to you that the polygraph "is a vital part of the process and leaves very little room for error?"
Signal/WhatsApp/Snapchat/Telegram/iMessage: +1-202-810-2105
Dune-8  
#648 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:36:17 AM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

If you truly regretted his disqualification, you wouldn't be here - like a moth to a flame - trying to help get others disqualified by peddling your personal griefing website against the Bureau, which is literally called 'Anti-Polygraph.'

For those of you that haven't encountered this bitter troll and value your chances of gaining employment with the FBI, keep the hell away from his website and DO NOT click ANY of his links.

I'm not here for a debate or conversation.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:13:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Minor Edits

George Maschke  
#649 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:35:42 AM(UTC)
George Maschke

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dune-8 Go to Quoted Post
If you truly regretted his disqualification, you wouldn't be here - like a moth to a flame - trying to help get others disqualified by peddling your personal griefing website against the Bureau.

For those of you that haven't encountered this bitter troll and value your chances of gaining employment with the FBI, keep the hell away from his website and DO NOT click ANY of his links.

I'm not here for a debate or conversation.

My empathy for wskv's plight is genuine. I am not here to "help others get disqualified" and I am not peddling anything.

You accuse me of being a "bitter troll," yet I haven't written an uncivil word to anyone on this forum, and I write using my real name. If you believe I've posted anything that is untrue or somehow misleading, please explain.
Signal/WhatsApp/Snapchat/Telegram/iMessage: +1-202-810-2105
vmars  
#650 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:10:12 PM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

:( I'm so sorry, wskv. I know it probably doesn't really help that much right now, but you did nothing wrong, and I hope you hold your head up high.
Phase I: 12/11/18
Phase II: 12/20/18 (01/16/19)
Phase III: 6/12/19 (6/18/19)
Poly: 8/21/19 (9/10/19)
vmars  
#651 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:12:07 PM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just found out I passed my poly yesterday. To say I am relieved is an understatement, because taking it was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be! Now just have to wait..........

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:15:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phase I: 12/11/18
Phase II: 12/20/18 (01/16/19)
Phase III: 6/12/19 (6/18/19)
Poly: 8/21/19 (9/10/19)
Dune-8  
#652 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:47:49 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Originally Posted by: vmars Go to Quoted Post
I just found out I passed my poly yesterday. To say I am relieved is an understatement, because taking it was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be! Now just have to wait..........

Congrats, vmars!
Rubyredz  
#653 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:51:26 AM(UTC)
Rubyredz

Woman
United States

Stupid question. Does anyone know when the 2019 IA application process starts? I thought it was August, but I haven’t seen anything.
Hampton121  
#654 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:04:09 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rubyredz Go to Quoted Post
Stupid question. Does anyone know when the 2019 IA application process starts? I thought it was August, but I haven’t seen anything.

No clue i thought it was august too
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
Rubyredz on 9/12/2019(UTC)
Rubyredz  
#655 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:05:11 AM(UTC)
Rubyredz

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rubyredz Go to Quoted Post

No clue i thought it was august too

Oh good, I'm not crazy. I thought I was overlooking something, thanks!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed