Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
temporary1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 5:49:40 PM(UTC)
temporary1

Groups: Registered
United States

Very recently i gained knowledge that my cousin, who is a foreign citizen but has US tourist visa, is coming to US to make an anchor baby. What i would like to know is if this is something I should be reporting to the security office? I will be due for my 10 year re-investigation within next 2 years.

Thanks ahead
liaisonguy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:37:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
No. You're describing unethical conduct by a foreign person. Your reporting responsibility only includes yourself and other clearance holders.

Luckily we don't have to report our unsavory family members. On your next re investigation you have to report your continuing contact with a foreign national and the nature of your relationship. However the form doesn't ask you if they're a deadbeat.
temporary1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:51:49 AM(UTC)
temporary1

United States

Thank you for the info. One less thing for me to worry about.
mallen  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:40:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temporary1 Go to Quoted Post
Very recently i gained knowledge that my cousin, who is a foreign citizen but has US tourist visa, is coming to US to make an anchor baby. What i would like to know is if this is something I should be reporting to the security office? I will be due for my 10 year re-investigation within next 2 years.

Thanks ahead

So, what your saying is that your cousin, who has a valid US visa, is planning the timing of the visit so she hill have the baby during her stay, entitling her child to US citizenship and allowing that child to perhaps sponsor her as immigration to the United States. Im not a lawyer (and presumably neither are you, unless you are in which case you can answer this better than I). I dont see anything there that is illegal. If you dot all the "i"s and cross all the "T"s and demonstrate that everything is funded and paid for, you can come here to have your baby. And its not allways for the purpose of making the child a US citizen. Imagine being a wealthy German citizen living in south America. Your wife is going through a high risk pregnancy. Where are you going to want her to get medical care? Your going to have your lawyer fill out the paper work and check her into a hospital in Houston or L.A. Becuase if you can pay for it, you can get the best medical care in the world here.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed