Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delta099  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:38:47 AM(UTC)
delta099

Groups: Registered
United States

Question 12 of this form asks: During the last 5 years did you leave any job job by mutual agreement because of specific problems.

My question is, what is considered a "specific problem"?
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:41:32 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: delta099 Go to Quoted Post
Question 12 of this form asks: During the last 5 years did you leave any job job by mutual agreement because of specific problems.

Think of it as a "no fault" termination. One where neither party did anything egregious but both realize it's over.

One example might be a company gets bought out by another and your position gets eliminated, they offer you another position in a different city but you can't accept that for logistical reasons.

Or maybe they hire a guy to work in your dept who just really grates on you, he isn't doing anything wrong necessarily, but he really gets under your skin and your sup is unable or unwilling to sort it out.
DaVinci95  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 4:13:01 AM(UTC)
DaVinci95

United States

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 66 post(s)

I take that question to mean that you were about to get fired either for poor performance or poor conduct and your employer allowed you to resign instead.
Endless Summer  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 4:44:36 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: DaVinci95 Go to Quoted Post

I take that question to mean that you were about to get fired either for poor performance or poor conduct and your employer allowed you to resign instead.

Don't they cover that in a different question? Something like "Have you ever resigned or quit in lieu of being fired?" This question seems to be a bit more benign.
TheRealOrange  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 5:14:09 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endless Summer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaVinci95 Go to Quoted Post

Don't they cover that in a different question? Something like "Have you ever resigned or quit in lieu of being fired?" This question seems to be a bit more benign.

If it's from the OF-612, it's all a part of the same question: "During the last 5 years, have you been fired from any job for any reason, did you quit after being told that you would be fired, did you leave any job by mutual agreement because of specific problems, or were you debarred from Federal employment by the Office of Personnel Management or any other Federal agency?" Read in that context, I understand it to be that you were not yet being terminated, and termination may not even have been mentioned as a possibility, but your employer mentioned specific problems that were occurring during your employment. As a result, you mutually agreed to part ways. Since specific "problems" were mentioned, I think the assumption is that there were either performance or conduct issues taking place, and the employer and employee simply agreed that it would be a good idea for the employee to leave.
Endless Summer  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 6:32:27 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Originally Posted by: TheRealOrange Go to Quoted Post
If it's from the OF-612, it's all a part of the same question: "During the last 5 years, have you been fired from any job for any reason, did you quit after being told that you would be fired, did you leave any job by mutual agreement because of specific problems, or were you debarred from Federal employment by the Office of Personnel Management or any other Federal agency?" Read in that context, I understand it to be that you were not yet being terminated, and termination may not even have been mentioned as a possibility, but your employer mentioned specific problems that were occurring during your employment. As a result, you mutually agreed to part ways. Since specific "problems" were mentioned, I think the assumption is that there were either performance or conduct issues taking place, and the employer and employee simply agreed that it would be a good idea for the employee to leave.

That makes sense... Good description.
delta099  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 4:24:48 AM(UTC)
delta099

United States

I resigned because my employer refused to provide me an accommodation because they thought it was not justified. I was being bullied and I wanted to work from another location. My employer offered me to fix the issue but termination or resignation was not ever discussed by me or my employer. I realized later that I could not handle the issues and I decided to resign.

There were definitely conduct issues taking place, but not by me, by others attacking me. So essentially I could see how that fits into a definition of "problems" I just hope that doesn't end up hurting my chances to pass the clearance.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed