Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
remmy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:49:55 AM(UTC)
remmy

Groups: Registered

I filled out my eqip several weeks ago, but I called my agency's security branch to inquire regarding a timeframe. They told me they have it in their system as a tier 5 investigation. I let them know it was sent as a public trust - high risk. They said they don't want to worry me but it's completely different in their system.

"register for the SF 85P Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions in e-QIP. "

This was in the email I was sent. The listing also listed it needing a secret security clearance. Did they send me the wrong stuff?
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:28:14 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Originally Posted by: remmy Go to Quoted Post
I filled out my eqip several weeks ago, but I called my agency's security branch to inquire regarding a timeframe. They told me they have it in their system as a tier 5 investigation. I let them know it was sent as a public trust - high risk. They said they don't want to worry me but it's completely different in their system.

This was in the email I was sent. The listing also listed it needing a secret security clearance. Did they send me the wrong stuff?

Complete the form and wait. No one will ever admit to an error in the process. Failing to complete form will end the process.
Endless Summer  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:44:05 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Originally Posted by: remmy Go to Quoted Post

If you registered and filled out the info they linked you to, i'd think you would be fine. Doesn't the e-quip automatically lead you to the correct form?

It's not like you messed it up. You filled out the data they asked for within the required timeframe.

good luck
BackGdInvestigator  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2019 7:11:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 81 post(s)
eQIP opens the form for the investigation code entered into the system. How did you know it was the SF85P series? Did you print out your questionnaire?

If/when you get a Subject interview, ask the investigator for the investigation type. I have had Subject's discover they were put in for the wrong (usually lower) investigation type in error.

*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed