Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xo28xo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:06:21 AM(UTC)
xo28xo

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone,

So I had a interview with NSA for an entry level engineering position and was given a verbal offer by the hiring manager at the end of the interview. I had my phone screen for my cjo three weeks ago just to check on my education and work history and was told that my file would be transferred back to my recruiter and should receive an email within two weeks with the actual offer. I follow up with my recruiter couple days ago and he said he never received my file and so I emailed the person that I did the phone screen with to see if there is any problem. The person did the phone screen with me said that she have returned my file right after the phone screen and does not know what is going on but she put a note to the recruitment team and someone would be reaching out to me soon. Today I got an email from the recruitment team saying they are no longing interested in me "due to a variety of reasons including interview, testing, initial screening, qualifications, and/or experience".

I wanted to ask is this common and have anyone experience this before? I really wanted the job, is there anything I can do? Would contacting the hiring manager help with the situation?

Thank you for any help!
velcroTech  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:22:15 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xo28xo Go to Quoted Post
Would contacting the hiring manager help with the situation?

This might be the only thing you can do. If you are not suitable for some other reason it would be out of the hiring managers hands anyway. At this point, what do you have to lose?
xo28xo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:26:53 AM(UTC)
xo28xo

United States

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

This might be the only thing you can do. If you are not suitable for some other reason it would be out of the hiring managers hands anyway. At this point, what do you have to lose?

Thanks for the reply. I mean I really don't understand what qualification I don't meet because on the job posting it said minimum 0 year of experience and a STEM degree. And I meet both of those, I assume they would not conduct an interview without a candidate meeting the qualification.
velcroTech  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:22:29 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Thanks for the reply. I mean I really don't understand what qualification I don't meet because on the job posting it said minimum 0 year of experience and a STEM degree. And I meet both of those, I assume they would not conduct an interview without a candidate meeting the qualification.

Keep in mind the recruiter could have just been providing a canned response. Most of the correspondence that comes is not tailored specifically to an individual. What type of relationship do you have with the recruiter? You might ask if there are any similar positions that you might be qualified for.
xo28xo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:35:57 AM(UTC)
xo28xo

United States

Keep in mind the recruiter could have just been providing a canned response. Most of the correspondence that comes is not tailored specifically to an individual. What type of relationship do you have with the recruiter? You might ask if there are any similar positions that you might be qualified for.

My recruiter never respond to any of my email nor phone calls so I don't think I have a especially good relationship with him. I just wanted to ask is it possible to find out exactly why I got rejected after an offer was extended by the hiring manager?

not_real_throwaway  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 1:24:13 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Who knows? Maybe they found somebody who did better on the interview with the same 0 experience. Maybe they found somebody who did the same, but they offered them less money than you would have gotten, and they just want to save money.

I hate job searching, especially being rejected without being told why. I hope you get some answers, it's a frustrating situation
Rss Feed  Atom Feed