Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tranhungdao  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:30:18 PM(UTC)
tranhungdao

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My start date was Dec 2018 and so far I have not been notified of my clearance status. It's my first federal employment so I don't know how the process works. Does someone contact me via mail once it completes? how long does it normally take? Is there a website or someone I can contact to check on status? thanks for any insight.
YoungGunner  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:20:21 AM(UTC)
YoungGunner

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tranhungdao Go to Quoted Post
My start date was Dec 2018 and so far I have not been notified of my clearance status. It's my first federal employment so I don't know how the process works. Does someone contact me via mail once it completes? how long does it normally take? Is there a website or someone I can contact to check on status? thanks for any insight.

You will either get an email or a physical letter in the mail saying you were found suitable for employment. That amount of time that can take varies wildly. In general, no news is good news. They will contact you if they find issues or if there are additional questions. Otherwise, it is at the mercy of several federal agencies.
tranhungdao  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:23:03 AM(UTC)
tranhungdao

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
thanks
Ravioli  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:28:41 AM(UTC)
Ravioli

United States

Dec 2018? is that correct? your allot more patient than me. Have you called HR?
I have transitioned from a gov contractor to employee, it took 4 months from usa jobs (selected) notification to my 1st day I worked.
I had a TS clearance and dropped down to the agency wide public trust. I would call HR the security department need any additional information. Look for any excuse to make a call, things happen things get goofed up.
BE POLITE BE KIND Call HR
Rss Feed  Atom Feed