Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iconism  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:31:02 AM(UTC)
iconism

Groups: Registered

I completed the poly/med/psych almost three months ago. Is it safe to assume that my poly was OK and I'm just waiting on the BI to start?
velcroTech  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:08:32 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: iconism Go to Quoted Post
I completed the poly/med/psych almost three months ago. Is it safe to assume that my poly was OK and I'm just waiting on the BI to start?

Is it ever safe to assume? If you didnt pass the poly they normally get back within a month.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
iconism on 9/19/2019(UTC)
rkf4ever  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:11:46 PM(UTC)
rkf4ever

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hopefulguy Go to Quoted Post
Go to episode CIA's Top Recruiter on How the Agency Finds Its Spies

https://podcasts.apple.c...86906615?i=1000415610613

Its a great listen and it's pretty recent produced July 10th, 2018.

I finally just got around to checking this out, not a bad listen at all. Thanks for sharing.
americaexplain  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:14:27 PM(UTC)
americaexplain

United States

Random question,

does anyone have trouble contacting the AOC by phone? Whenever I call the two different main extensions I'm either on hold indefinitely or I'm simply told no one is available to answer. I HAVE successfully contacted them twice, but it's always a gamble.

Is there a specific time that has worked best for people? I don't remember what times I called when it worked.
isitoveryet  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:56:30 PM(UTC)
isitoveryet

Originally Posted by: americaexplain Go to Quoted Post
Random question,

does anyone have trouble contacting the AOC by phone? Whenever I call the two different main extensions I'm either on hold indefinitely or I'm simply told no one is available to answer. I HAVE successfully contacted them twice, but it's always a gamble.

Is there a specific time that has worked best for people? I don't remember what times I called when it worked.

You should have a specific point of contact. Calling them shouldn't get you put on hold indefinitely or told no one is available, they're assigned to you. It's their personal desk number. If they don't answer then leave a voicemail with your information and they should get back to you within a few days, in my experience.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:57:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

velcroTech  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:49:15 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isitoveryet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: americaexplain Go to Quoted Post
Random question,

You should have a specific point of contact. Calling them shouldn't get you put on hold indefinitely or told no one is available, they're assigned to you. It's their personal desk number. If they don't answer then leave a voicemail with your information and they should get back to you within a few days, in my experience.

This would all depend on where you are at in the process. If the requester hasnt been offered a COE they might not have a candidate ID and HR POC yet.
country mouse  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:54:07 PM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I received a phone call congratulating me on successfully making it through the background process, and now I need to select a start date. 33 months have passed since getting a COE. I'm thrilled! Good luck to all, and remember, it's a long road.
thanks 7 users thanked country mouse for this useful post.
velcroTech on 10/15/2019(UTC), mightytempo on 10/16/2019(UTC), isitoveryet on 10/16/2019(UTC), NancyR on 10/17/2019(UTC), Dexter1 on 10/17/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 10/17/2019(UTC), hopefulguy on 10/25/2019(UTC)
NancyR  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:29:05 AM(UTC)
NancyR

United States

Congrats! We do not hear that type of news very often :) Were you given a new offer with new GS level? If so, how much higher?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed