Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArmyToNavy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:36:28 AM(UTC)
ArmyToNavy

Groups: Registered
United States

After completing onboarding, HRO reached out a couple weeks later and asked for a copy of my DD-214 and a security officer reached out for me to fill out my SF-86 for Top Secret eligibility even though the position only requires a secret clearance. I completed that the day I got it, hoping that since I already have an active secret, that the TS investigation doesn't take too long. Any chance I can work while I wait for the investigation to starts?
djp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:19:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 128 post(s)
Why....the job announcrm not clearance level is only what’s required. This shouldn’t occurs during have them do a TE.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
ArmyToNavy on 10/18/2019(UTC)
ArmyToNavy  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:33:38 AM(UTC)
ArmyToNavy

United States

I'm not sure why I have to do this considering the position only requires a secret, but I am going to do whatever it is they need me to do. I shouldn't have any issues, I just don't want to wait a year for it to complete since investigations are taking so long these days. I am not sure what a TE is so I couldn't ask for that.
Exit7A  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 7:30:24 AM(UTC)
Exit7A

United States

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ArmyToNavy Go to Quoted Post
After completing onboarding, HRO reached out a couple weeks later and asked for a copy of my DD-214 and a security officer reached out for me to fill out my SF-86 for Top Secret eligibility even though the position only requires a secret clearance. I completed that the day I got it, hoping that since I already have an active secret, that the TS investigation doesn't take too long. Any chance I can work while I wait for the investigation to starts?

Having a Secret clearance has no bearing on the investigation. If you are being investigated for a TS, then it will proceed as scheduled. To your question: they may or may not give you an interim TS while the process goes through the wickets. All depends on the Agency. Recommend talking with your Security POC to get a better idea of what is happening.

Good luck.
That's all I got to say about that.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed