Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<2425262728>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
0x41  
#501 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 7:09:41 PM(UTC)
0x41

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Derry7989 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 0x41 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Derry,

Computer Network Analyst.

Nice!! I am in the same process as you. Congrats again!! If any questions I have in mind I will let you know. Will hopefully see you in the other end. Best of Luck.

That's awesome! Are you waiting on your Poly/Psych?
Derry7989  
#502 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Hey Derry,

Nice!! I am in the same process as you. Congrats again!! If any questions I have in mind I will let you know. Will hopefully see you in the other end. Best of Luck.

Yes, I am currently waiting to take the Poly/Psych exam. They haven't yet reached out to me to schedule for the examination.

Derry7989  
#503 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 7:25:21 PM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Hey Derry,

Yes, I am currently waiting to take the Poly/Psych exam. They haven't yet reached out to me to schedule for the examination.

Also check your inbox I sent my contact information in case if I have any questions.
0x41  
#504 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 7:43:25 PM(UTC)
0x41

Hey Derry,

Also check your inbox I sent my contact information in case if I have any questions.

I got it. Do your best to take it easy and get enough rest.
DynamoOwl  
#505 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:50:26 AM(UTC)
DynamoOwl

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
12/18 - Apply
01/19 - Register for CNT
02/19 - Take CNT
03/19 - Operational Interview
5/19 - CJO Extended
7/19 - CJO Email Recvd/Eqip/SF86 Submitted
8/19 - Met with BI
9/19 - Confirmed BI met with other references
10/19 - Onsite Poly/Psych - Pass
10/19 - FJO
2/20 - EOD

I AM BEYOND STOKED.

Wow!!! Congrats! Must feel so good! That was a quick turnaround between the poly/psych and FJO! We have almost the exact timeline. Waiting to take my poly and psych scheduled for last week of October/first week of November. Hoping to channel your good luck!
curious cows  
#506 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:51:26 AM(UTC)
curious cows

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello All,

I checked my application status online and it says I am in the security processing phase since I had completed filling out my sf86 forms the second week of September 2019. Typically do they start the BI immediately without informing us or do they let us know that the background investigation has started? At this point I am not sure if they started the BI and it has been quiet since September from when I completed the sf86 forms. This is for the Computer Network Analyst position I had applied to. Would very much appreciate for the feedback.

Thanks

The BI starts as soon as the forms are submitted. Typically one of the first things they check is your financial status by soft pulling your credit history. You can see evidence of this by requesting a credit report from Equifax, TransUnion, Experian and then searching for a soft pull by the DoD. Other than this you have no way of knowing where you are in the BI process until you get a call from your BI to schedule meetups with you and your references. Usually after your BI is completed you are then contacted to schedule your Poly/Psych but there are cases where the reverse is true. For the majority of the process we are left in the dark regarding our progress so you just gotta hang in there :)

Typically, less foreign travel/contacts means a faster process. Best case scenario is you don't have much work experience (fresh out of school),are a homebody, no out of country travel, and no foreign relatives since that means there won't be much to look into.
Pony Sprinkles  
#507 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:53:17 AM(UTC)
Pony Sprinkles

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post

The BI starts as soon as the forms are submitted. Typically one of the first things they check is your financial status by soft pulling your credit history. You can see evidence of this by requesting a credit report from Equifax, TransUnion, Experian and then searching for a soft pull by the DoD. Other than this you have no way of knowing where you are in the BI process until you get a call from your BI to schedule meetups with you and your references. Usually after your BI is completed you are then contacted to schedule your Poly/Psych but there are cases where the reverse is true. For the majority of the process we are left in the dark regarding our progress so you just gotta hang in there :)

Typically, less foreign travel/contacts means a faster process. Best case scenario is you don't have much work experience (fresh out of school),are a homebody, no out of country travel, and no foreign relatives since that means there won't be much to look into.

Its been more than 3 months I submitted my eqip and I did check my credit reports using credit karma, and it seems like there have been no soft-credit pulls on my account, yet the website shows that I am in "security processing". Any ideas of what could possibly be going on?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:54:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Derry7989  
#508 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:59:57 AM(UTC)
Derry7989

United States

Hello All,

I checked my application status online and it says I am in the security processing phase since I had completed filling out my sf86 forms the second week of September 2019. Typically do they start the BI immediately without informing us or do they let us know that the background investigation has started? At this point I am not sure if they started the BI and it has been quiet since September from when I completed the sf86 forms. This is for the Computer Network Analyst position I had applied to. Would very much appreciate for the feedback.

Thanks

Ohh I see now, hopefully the BI will be done by the end of this year. Thanks for the feedback.

0x41  
#509 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:04:11 AM(UTC)
0x41

Originally Posted by: Pony Sprinkles Go to Quoted Post

Its been more than 3 months I submitted my eqip and I did check my credit reports using credit karma, and it seems like there have been no soft-credit pulls on my account, yet the website shows that I am in "security processing". Any ideas of what could possibly be going on?

Credit Karma won't show soft pulls which is what DoD pulls show up as. Use the free annual credit reporting site.

I did go on a cruise and traveled to around 5-6 countries in that 10 year span but it was all normal tourist stuff. I had a less than a month turn around on my poly/psych to FJO. I hope it goes quick for everyone. My advice if you're in the SF-86 BI portion, do your best to do anything but worry about it. Learn a new hobby and get involved in it. If you focus on the wait it'll make you crazy.
thanks 1 user thanked 0x41 for this useful post.
Pony Sprinkles on 10/22/2019(UTC)
thebigone2087  
#510 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:34:26 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey Derry,

You aren’t by chance going into a development program were you? I ask as that is what I am doing and I have my poly next week.
0x41  
#511 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:13:21 PM(UTC)
0x41

Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Derry,

You aren’t by chance going into a development program were you? I ask as that is what I am doing and I have my poly next week.

CNODP.
DynamoOwl  
#512 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:40:50 PM(UTC)
DynamoOwl

Hey Derry,

I am going into a development program and will be doing my poly around that time as well! Hopefully the rest of our timelines will be as quick as 0x41
thanks 1 user thanked DynamoOwl for this useful post.
thebigone2087 on 10/22/2019(UTC)
0x41  
#513 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:30:48 PM(UTC)
0x41

Originally Posted by: DynamoOwl Go to Quoted Post
Hey Derry,

I am going into a development program and will be doing my poly around that time as well! Hopefully the rest of our timelines will be as quick as 0x41

Is anyone entering the CNODP with only an associates?
thebigone2087  
#514 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:51:19 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Is anyone entering the CNODP with only an associates?

No, I have a bachelors in Computer Networking and Security.
intel6633  
#515 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:35:27 AM(UTC)
intel6633

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: intel6633 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: intel6633 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for a while now, just wanted to share my timeline as well:

02/19 - Applied
03/19 - Phone Interview (Told that I would be recommended for CJO)
04/19 - Call from the recruiter with salary info and a formal verbal offer
05/19 - Written CJO/equip
05/19 - Sent in transcripts
05/19 - Email from security for extra info.
06/19 - Security processing started
06/19 - Soft Credit Inquiry
08/19 - Got an Auto-Generated email stating I am in the suitability process

Got an email from the interviewer that security clearance takes 4-6 months to complete.

Update: I just looked at my free credit report looks like I had my credit pulled in June. Got an email from my recruiter in August stating security is looking at my case. Hoping to be completed before 2020 (fingers crossed)

Thanks,

thebigone2087  
#516 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 3:02:32 PM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

For those that took the poly, how soon were you notified if you “passed” or “failed”?
DynamoOwl  
#517 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 3:33:48 PM(UTC)
DynamoOwl

For those that took the poly, how soon were you notified if you “passed” or “failed”?

My polygrapher told me before I left the room the result of the poly. Surprised they we able to give me the results that quickly
thanks 1 user thanked DynamoOwl for this useful post.
thebigone2087 on 10/26/2019(UTC)
0x41  
#518 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 8:51:27 PM(UTC)
0x41

They don't use failed. They use inconclusive and they will usually tell you that.

You don't get a "pass." I was asked a few questions afterward, "Would you uphold no drug use while holding a clearance" and asked to notify them of any foreign travel as well as not having any foreign national friends without reporting them.

Probably depends on how the examiner does their thing but that's how mine went and I only took one and was notified a week later that I was cleared and ready for hire. FJO was told it would be inbound and asked what date I'd like to start based on the dates they provided me.
thanks 1 user thanked 0x41 for this useful post.
not_real_throwaway  
#519 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 8:54:04 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

They told me before I left the room.
thanks 1 user thanked not_real_throwaway for this useful post.
buckaneers  
#520 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:30:49 AM(UTC)
buckaneers

United States

Was thanked: 266 time(s) in 195 post(s)
One doesn't really pass or fail a poly, it's a tool that measures physiological responses to questions and supplements personnel security and investigations.
thanks 1 user thanked buckaneers for this useful post.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed