Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Medicare and Health Care

*This is a non-medical board. This site shall not be used to seek professional, medical or legal consultation.

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under age 65 with certain disabilities, and any age person with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are many different parts to Medicare; with all of these options, it can be confusing.

This forum will allow members to share their experience with medicare and seek advice* on certain medicare-related situations.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Polar Bear  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:52:22 PM(UTC)
Polar Bear

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
As open season for 2020 is here, I am unsure as to how to pick a plan for dental from benefeds. Specifically, I have no idea how to tell what's the best coverage and price for the dental plans. It would be used specifically to help my wife either get her current dentures reshaped for mouth (full upper and lower plate) so they stop popping off, etc or to get a brand new set. She got her current ones from Medicare before we met and never got them adjusted properly. So they are currently molded to her jaw from before it fully healed and pops off often enough (lower ones biggest problem) enough where it's uncomfortable for her. Anyone able to guide me in picking the right plan to get her help?
old fed  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 6:17:01 PM(UTC)
old fed

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 55 post(s)
probably best to compare plans on the website.

https://www.benefeds.com...earch&ctoken=Ki18NRf
Polar Bear  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 6:21:40 PM(UTC)
Polar Bear

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi thanks, really my issue is understanding the billing and those comparisons. I've never had a dental plan of my own.
OUtside  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 9:44:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 40 post(s)
There is something called a missing tooth clause in dental plans. I'm not sure of all the particulars or if it applies to all plans, but I think it means if you enroll in a plan and have a certain tooth missing, they won't cover restoring that tooth. If primary motive is to cover someone with existing dentures, best to check out the plans you are considering whether they have this clause and exactly how it would affect your situation.
GWPDA  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 415 post(s)
I've held Delta Dental since I worked for AEXP. After that, Delta offered an excellent plan for a very reasonable price, to individuals that was very, very close (the exception being 50% coverage of implants) to their fancy AEXP plan. When I came back into government, I shifted my private Delta coverage to that offered thru the FEHB - the difference in cost was a matter of a few bucks. I've never had anything but satisfaction from them, and my dentists and periodontists have been very pleased as well. For the price I'll be continuing that coverage into retirement. Even more, I've had Delta everywhere from Iowa to Hawaii and back again with nobody ever giving any difficulty.
FrankJr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:26:07 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Polar Bear Go to Quoted Post
As open season for 2020 is here, I am unsure as to how to pick a plan for dental from benefeds. Specifically, I have no idea how to tell what's the best coverage and price for the dental plans. It would be used specifically to help my wife either get her current dentures reshaped for mouth (full upper and lower plate) so they stop popping off, etc or to get a brand new set. She got her current ones from Medicare before we met and never got them adjusted properly. So they are currently molded to her jaw from before it fully healed and pops off often enough (lower ones biggest problem) enough where it's uncomfortable for her. Anyone able to guide me in picking the right plan to get her help?

The insurance is only as good as the dentist willing to accept the insurance. Pursue the desired dentist and the office manager will be the better individual to choose the best insurance plan.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed