Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RetArm  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:15:26 AM(UTC)
RetArm

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi.

On a recent interview, the selecting official who also served as an interview panel member said, “PCS Allowance is currently not authorized but you may request a waiver and it will be considered”

So, if I were to receive a TO, would this be an appropriate reply?
“I accept this job offer.
I would like to request a waiver to receive Relocation Allowance or Relocation Incentive.”

For the record, I would absolutely take the job if no allowance or incentive were given, I guess what I’m asking is, is the TO the appropriate time and place to request a waiver?
I am mainly interested in HHG and HHT and POV allowances but I phrase my request for waiver to indicate flexibility and willingness to accept anything offered.

Thanks in advance for your experience/input.
RetArm  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:54:37 AM(UTC)
RetArm

United States

Adding: The actual job announcement said this:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
djp  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 6:24:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 128 post(s)
It may be authorized.

Incentive is do they really like you. When you get aTZo you ask if this includes any relocation.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed