Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raal557  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:59:02 PM(UTC)
Raal557

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No to the travel % if you interview thr supervisory examiner should be able to give you a ballpark of how many nights their examiners travel roughly.

To the 2nd post, first as long as you live within 40 miles of your duty station you get paid mileage, you NEVER eat mileage. If you live outside 40 miles of your duty station then it becomes a pain to calculate.

Ten months? What state were you applying in because ive never heard of someone doing that much travel
USMC03  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:04:50 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Raal557 Go to Quoted Post
No to the travel % if you interview thr supervisory examiner should be able to give you a ballpark of how many nights their examiners travel roughly.

To the 2nd post, first as long as you live within 40 miles of your duty station you get paid mileage, you NEVER eat mileage. If you live outside 40 miles of your duty station then it becomes a pain to calculate.

Ten months? What state were you applying in because ive never heard of someone doing that much travel

The 3 examiners said I would be gone 120 days... working days not out of 365 days that includes holidays

So 120 days out of 261 days out of the year meaning basically you get The Weekends and maybe 2 to 3 months so the math is right because you would be gone basically 9 months or 10 months from home total.

I applied to Greenville SC
USMC03  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:07:35 PM(UTC)
USMC03

I swear to you they said:

You will not get paid to drive to the credit union assigned if it’s within the 40 mile radius of Greenville SC.. I lived 39 miles away from Greenville in NC
Raal557  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:07:43 PM(UTC)
Raal557

United States

Maybe they meant per diem because you always get mileage
thanks 1 user thanked Raal557 for this useful post.
guruebby on 11/6/2019(UTC)
Raal557  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:08:48 PM(UTC)
Raal557

United States

If I drive ten miles down the road to a credit union, i get paid mileage for ten miles each way.
USMC03  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:09:42 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Originally Posted by: Raal557 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe they meant per diem because you always get mileage

Maybe if that was the case if I got mileage to drive 39 miles to my duty station then another to the credit union I would of taken it but I was under the assumption that I had to eat the mileage
guruebby  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:10:52 PM(UTC)
guruebby

Man
United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I'll have to talk to the kid from Greenville in training with me this week, but I don't think he's expecting to be on the road that much, though there is a lot of training at the central office the first year that ups the nights away from home the first year.

My first exam is literally 15 minutes from my house. Definitely be home every night for that one and don't need per diem.
USMC03  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:13:20 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Originally Posted by: guruebby Go to Quoted Post
I'll have to talk to the kid from Greenville in training with me this week, but I don't think he's expecting to be on the road that much, though there is a lot of training at the central office the first year that ups the nights away from home the first year.

My first exam is literally 15 minutes from my house. Definitely be home every night for that one and don't need per diem.

Ooppps oh well. That is not what they said to me

If I had known I was gonna get paid mileage from my house to the credit union and back I would of taken it but I was told something else.
USMC03  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:19:31 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Also they requested references with out giving me an
Tentative offer
They didn’t tell me they could match my current pay either which on the interview they said it wouldn’t be an issue.

I could of given them my references they would of called my boss and not given me the job if they felt like it not that I have an issue with it
But I would of liked to have a tentative offer first
guruebby  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:23:10 PM(UTC)
guruebby

Man
United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Tentative offer
They didn’t tell me they could match my current pay either which on the interview they said it wouldn’t be an issue.

I could of given them my references they would of called my boss and not given me the job if they felt like it not that I have an issue with it

You gotta do what you gotta do. I understand having a new baby at home, and had I got this job when I first interviewed for it back in 2014, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

I also wasn't too worried about the references thing because I felt like it was the first step in getting a tentative offer. Plus I hated the agency I was working at and wanted to leave.
USMC03  
#111 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:27:05 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Originally Posted by: guruebby Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Tentative offer

You gotta do what you gotta do. I understand having a new baby at home, and had I got this job when I first interviewed for it back in 2014, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

I also wasn't too worried about the references thing because I felt like it was the first step in getting a tentative offer. Plus I hated the agency I was working at and wanted to leave.

Yeah the money was great just wasn’t for me I wi***** was though I hate where I am and I’m so under paid
But maybe I’ll get on with another agency

I’ve applied at the IRS and DEA for two positions which I passed the assessments the process is about 3 years long we shall see
Rss Feed  Atom Feed