Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gtate  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 5:48:47 PM(UTC)
gtate

Groups: Registered

Hi all. Long time lurker, third(?) time poster. I'm currently a GS15 for the Army working IM/IT. I have an interview for a lateral move to the USDA OCIO working in New Orleans in a couple of days and was wondering what I should expect from the OCIO if I happen to get the job. What's the corporate culture like there? I see that the USDA is pretty far down on the list of best places to work as a whole but that doesn't mean all of it is the same. I'm in a command in the Army that ranks in the top 100 out of nearly 500 in the "sub organizations" category (or whatever it's called)even though the Army as a whole is ranked lower.

It's pretty unlikely I'll get the job but just in case I'm doing my homework. Anyway, any responses are appreciated.

As an addendum: what's the optempo there like? Where I work now the schedule is brutal and expectations are frequently unreasonably high. To be clear, this is not a *bad* thing, just what has to be done when supporting the war fighters. I am kinda hoping that leaving the DoD will allow me to step back a bit.

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2019 5:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: correct spelling. or fat fingers, whatever. also to expand the scope of the query

Rss Feed  Atom Feed