Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MilBrat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:45:02 AM(UTC)
MilBrat

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Good morning and happy belated Veteran's day!

Long post ahead...
I currently work for a 3-letter agency (active secret clearance) and have recently accepted an offer for a position with another, which requires suitability and top secret. 8-9 years ago, I experienced financial hardship stemming from the death of my mom and the loss of secondary income. I had accounts that went into collections, a tax lien and a lawsuit. The tax lien occurred after being involved in an installment agreement for several years, then, in 2012, I was unable to keep up with the payments. All of the accounts that went into collections were paid, the tax lien was settled with an offer in compromise (released and withdrawn) and the lawsuit was paid in full. The only other issue was a foreclosure in 2008, which was the subject of a class action lawsuit, which resulted in the financier having to pay me after "stealing" my house.

I've been asked questions about all of these issues and have provided documentation to back up the circumstances and payments. For the foreclosure, I provided the class action paperwork.

The last email I received asked questions about disclosure of items, specifically, question #28 on the eqip (public records w/i 10 yrs, not otherwise on questionnaire). I answered "no". Their email referenced 3 items that they thought I should have disclosed in that section. I responded that one item was included in another part of the eqip, one was not w/i the 10 year period and the other I honestly did not know about (it was a lawsuit...I checked the county website and discovered it was filed, I was not served and it was dismissed...however, it was the subject of one of my collections that was paid and listed in another part of the eqip.)

I'm worried. I believe I handled these issues adequately back then--and of course, can't change any of those decisions; but seems they are coming back to haunt me in a way they did not just 1 1/2 years ago when I received my secret. Everyone tells me OARM is just doing their due diligence, but that doesn't take away my worry. I will add that any time they've questioned an issue, I've answered--with documentary evidence--in less than 24 hours. And the last one, where they questioned disclosure of issues, I answered within 2 hours!

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider...What say the experts?
Exit7A  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:12:01 PM(UTC)
Exit7A

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 135 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MilBrat Go to Quoted Post
Good morning and happy belated Veteran's day!

Long post ahead...
I currently work for a 3-letter agency (active secret clearance) and have recently accepted an offer for a position with another, which requires suitability and top secret. 8-9 years ago, I experienced financial hardship stemming from the death of my mom and the loss of secondary income. I had accounts that went into collections, a tax lien and a lawsuit. The tax lien occurred after being involved in an installment agreement for several years, then, in 2012, I was unable to keep up with the payments. All of the accounts that went into collections were paid, the tax lien was settled with an offer in compromise (released and withdrawn) and the lawsuit was paid in full. The only other issue was a foreclosure in 2008, which was the subject of a class action lawsuit, which resulted in the financier having to pay me after "stealing" my house.

I've been asked questions about all of these issues and have provided documentation to back up the circumstances and payments. For the foreclosure, I provided the class action paperwork.

The last email I received asked questions about disclosure of items, specifically, question #28 on the eqip (public records w/i 10 yrs, not otherwise on questionnaire). I answered "no". Their email referenced 3 items that they thought I should have disclosed in that section. I responded that one item was included in another part of the eqip, one was not w/i the 10 year period and the other I honestly did not know about (it was a lawsuit...I checked the county website and discovered it was filed, I was not served and it was dismissed...however, it was the subject of one of my collections that was paid and listed in another part of the eqip.)

I'm worried. I believe I handled these issues adequately back then--and of course, can't change any of those decisions; but seems they are coming back to haunt me in a way they did not just 1 1/2 years ago when I received my secret. Everyone tells me OARM is just doing their due diligence, but that doesn't take away my worry. I will add that any time they've questioned an issue, I've answered--with documentary evidence--in less than 24 hours. And the last one, where they questioned disclosure of issues, I answered within 2 hours!

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider...What say the experts?

What's the question??
That's all I got to say about that.
thanks 1 user thanked Exit7A for this useful post.
MilBrat on 11/12/2019(UTC)
MilBrat  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:50:52 PM(UTC)
MilBrat

Groups: Unapproved
United States

I guess the question is, am I done? :-(
Rss Feed  Atom Feed