Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice


Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
8 Pages«<45678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brownbear932008  
#101 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:32:02 AM(UTC)
brownbear932008

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 20
United States

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Applied 10/18
Interview 4/19
Tentative offer 5/19
Onboarding/CJO 06/19
Drug Screen 7/19
SF 86 7/19
Polygraph 10/19
SF 86c 10/19
Preference Sheet 10/19
Risk Letter 11/19

Above is my timeline the last month has been very busy for me. As to preference locations they always seem to be pretty evenly spread across the nation in major metro divisional offices for the most part but there will be other offices thrown into the mix as well. Ratio wise probably 75% to 25%. Unfortunately the office I really wanted was filled in the last BIRS.

They are striving to get 50 per class but seem to fall short each time. Last two classes 29 hired in and this one has 31 choices but unsure if multiple people may be chosen to a location. Definitely possible in say the OCDEFT center, HQ or EPIC center and so forth.

Good luck to all it's a long process. It does appear I'm going to get an interim clearance as I already have a current TS now with my current agency.
thanks 2 users thanked brownbear932008 for this useful post.
USMC03 on 11/7/2019(UTC), Destined4success32 on 11/8/2019(UTC)
USMC03  
#102 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 11:39:19 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2018(UTC)
Posts: 262
Location: NC

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brownbear932008 Go to Quoted Post
Applied 10/18
Interview 4/19
Tentative offer 5/19
Onboarding/CJO 06/19
Drug Screen 7/19
SF 86 7/19
Polygraph 10/19
SF 86c 10/19
Preference Sheet 10/19
Risk Letter 11/19

Above is my timeline the last month has been very busy for me. As to preference locations they always seem to be pretty evenly spread across the nation in major metro divisional offices for the most part but there will be other offices thrown into the mix as well. Ratio wise probably 75% to 25%. Unfortunately the office I really wanted was filled in the last BIRS.

They are striving to get 50 per class but seem to fall short each time. Last two classes 29 hired in and this one has 31 choices but unsure if multiple people may be chosen to a location. Definitely possible in say the OCDEFT center, HQ or EPIC center and so forth.

Good luck to all it's a long process. It does appear I'm going to get an interim clearance as I already have a current TS now with my current agency.



Thank you so much! In that preference sheet did you see NC, SC,? If so what locations within those states? Also we applied in June 2019 based on your time like interview by December 2019? Anything else you can share with us ? It’s been a year for you it seems like it has been going pretty fast. I plan to apply to NC in Charlotte hopefully... if not then Greenville SC basically any where in NC or SC
thanks 1 user thanked USMC03 for this useful post.
Destined4success32 on 11/8/2019(UTC)
kidmajestic  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:36:02 AM(UTC)
kidmajestic

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/31/2015(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Application: 10/2018
Assessment:???
Interview email:4/2019
Interview :4/2019
Paperwork:4/2019
CJO: 5/2019
Drug test:7/2019
SF86:7/2019
Poly:11/2019
Sf86c:11/2019
Preference Locale:
Risk Letter:

Edited by user Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:22:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USMC03  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:28:47 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2018(UTC)
Posts: 262
Location: NC

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kidmajestic Go to Quoted Post
Application: 10/24/2018
Assessment:???
Interview email:4/3/2019
Interview :4/9/2019
Paperwork:4/26/2019
CJO: 5/29/2019
Drug test:7/15/2019
SF86:7/25/2019
Poly:11/5/2019
Sf86c:11/20/19
Background:
Preference Locale:
Risk Letter:



What preferences were you given
Hampton121  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:30:04 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Anybody hear anything yet for an interview?
USMC03  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:09:27 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2018(UTC)
Posts: 262
Location: NC

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody hear anything yet for an interview?


No
zizzer  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:17:04 PM(UTC)
zizzer

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/16/2019(UTC)
Posts: 66
United States
Location: Florida

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody hear anything yet for an interview?


No


Nope
kidmajestic  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:29:33 PM(UTC)
kidmajestic

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/31/2015(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kidmajestic Go to Quoted Post
Application: 10/24/2018
Assessment:???
Interview email:4/3/2019
Interview :4/9/2019
Paperwork:4/26/2019
CJO: 5/29/2019
Drug test:7/15/2019
SF86:7/25/2019
Poly:11/5/2019
Sf86c:11/20/19
Background:
Preference Locale:
Risk Letter:



What preferences were you given



Not sure, haven't returned the form yet. Been busy at my current job.

Destined4success32  
#109 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:07:36 AM(UTC)
Destined4success32

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So after YEARS of being in this process for the position of DEA IRS, I have FINALLY received my preference sheet and will be attending the upcoming January 2020 BIRS training!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Applied: November 2016
Proctored Exam: October 2017
Panel Interview: March 2018
Fingerprint: March 2018
Tentative Offer: April 2018
Onboarding info: April 2018
Drug: May 2018
E-Qip: June 2018
Polygraph: September 2018
EQIP Recert: April 2019
Preference Sheet: November 2019
Final Offer Letter:

Not too thrilled on the location choices however, but very appreciative! Does anyone know of any way around the location options? I'm aware that ultimately staffing is based on the need of the DEA...
thanks 1 user thanked Destined4success32 for this useful post.
jj62 on 11/27/2019(UTC)
Hampton121  
#110 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:17:31 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Destined4success32 Go to Quoted Post
So after YEARS of being in this process for the position of DEA IRS, I have FINALLY received my preference sheet and will be attending the upcoming January 2020 BIRS training!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Applied: November 2016
Proctored Exam: October 2017
Panel Interview: March 2018
Fingerprint: March 2018
Tentative Offer: April 2018
Onboarding info: April 2018
Drug: May 2018
E-Qip: June 2018
Polygraph: September 2018
EQIP Recert: April 2019
Preference Sheet: November 2019
Final Offer Letter:

Not too thrilled on the location choices however, but very appreciative! Does anyone know of any way around the location options? I'm aware that ultimately staffing is based on the need of the DEA...


Did they tell you anything to bring with you to BIRS?
GearUp  
#111 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 7:01:18 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/16/2011(UTC)
Posts: 476

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 563 time(s) in 193 post(s)
Hampton121,

You will receive a list of what to bring and what not to bring as well as travel and reporting instructions but here a few things that you need to bring:

Social Security Card
Certified Birth Certificate (raised seal)
Current Passport (IF you have one. Don't go out and get one if you don't)
Valid Driver's License (make sure it doesn't expire while at the Academy)

What NOT TO BRING:

Weapons (pocket knife is ok)
Coffee Pot
Hot Plate
Laptop Computer
I-Pad
TV
VCR
Video Games
Thumb Drives
Or other such items.

Dress code and clothing will also be discussed in the reporting instructions.

I suggest that you bring or have available your banking information (account number and routing number); names and SSNs of family members (for insurance benefit paperwork); extra pair of eye glasses and/or contact lens; prescription medications (make sure your doctor knows you'll be in Quantico in case you need refills and/or to transfer a script to an area pharmacy). On that note - if your meds need to be refrigerated let your counselor or class coordinator know so arrangements can be made for a small refrigerator to be placed in your room.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
brownbear932008 on 11/29/2019(UTC)
USMC03  
#112 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 7:08:03 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2018(UTC)
Posts: 262
Location: NC

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Destined4success32 Go to Quoted Post
So after YEARS of being in this process for the position of DEA IRS, I have FINALLY received my preference sheet and will be attending the upcoming January 2020 BIRS training!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Applied: November 2016
Proctored Exam: October 2017
Panel Interview: March 2018
Fingerprint: March 2018
Tentative Offer: April 2018
Onboarding info: April 2018
Drug: May 2018
E-Qip: June 2018
Polygraph: September 2018
EQIP Recert: April 2019
Preference Sheet: November 2019
Final Offer Letter:

Not too thrilled on the location choices however, but very appreciative! Does anyone know of any way around the location options? I'm aware that ultimately staffing is based on the need of the DEA...




Where are you going
Destined4success32  
#113 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 12:09:28 PM(UTC)
Destined4success32

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 25
United States

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I submitted my preference sheet and waiting on them to make the selection. We shall see!!!
Hampton121  
#114 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 12:23:27 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Destined4success32 Go to Quoted Post
I submitted my preference sheet and waiting on them to make the selection. We shall see!!!


Which places did you end up choosing?
kidmajestic  
#115 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 2:55:57 PM(UTC)
kidmajestic

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/31/2015(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Got my list of locations and turned it in already.
Hampton121  
#116 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 2:56:54 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kidmajestic Go to Quoted Post
Got my list of locations and turned it in already.


What's your timeline
USMC03  
#117 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:46:12 AM(UTC)
USMC03

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2018(UTC)
Posts: 262
Location: NC

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Anyone heard anything?
Hampton121  
#118 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:48:16 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone heard anything?


Nope
kidmajestic  
#119 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:57:25 AM(UTC)
kidmajestic

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/31/2015(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, got the risk letter and now waiting on final offer.
Hampton121  
#120 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:58:41 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 448
United States

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I tried calling the number just now but no answer just kept ringing
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
8 Pages«<45678>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.486 seconds.