Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

24 Pages«<21222324>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CityUSA  
#441 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 3:36:05 PM(UTC)
CityUSA

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2019(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did anyone get the email from GSA to schedule the fingerprints?
cp2000  
#442 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:33:48 PM(UTC)
cp2000

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Unapproved
Joined: 1/8/2020(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States

Yeah, scheduled my appointment and currently filing out my e-qip
AnotherLawyer  
#443 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:39:08 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 12
United States

Is there a way to download a copy of an e-qip from an application to another agency?

I did an e-qip for USPIS about 6 months ago, but I don't recall being able to save a copy for myself. Would be nice to be able to import that info to a future e-qip if I get that far.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#444 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:50:39 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2014(UTC)
Posts: 417
United States

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AnotherLawyer Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to download a copy of an e-qip from an application to another agency?

I did an e-qip for USPIS about 6 months ago, but I don't recall being able to save a copy for myself. Would be nice to be able to import that info to a future e-qip if I get that far.


My answers on the eqip were electronically stored when I jumped from once agency to another . Not sure if it’s still the same but the saved answers were a big help.
Decaf  
#445 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:35:35 AM(UTC)
Decaf

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Unapproved
Joined: 1/15/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4

Hello,

To the IRS-CI 1811s that transfered from an OIG 1811 job:

Why did you decide to leave an OIG and go to IRS-CI? The feedback I've received is that why stress out going through the IRS-specific academy and going to a job with less work/life balance.

Do you like working as an IRS-CI 1811? If so, why? How is the culture? (I understand this will vary by office)

Thanks in advance!
CleanPerson  
#446 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:10:57 PM(UTC)
CleanPerson

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/17/2019(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States

Thanks: 2 times
My application went under qualification review in like a week, then I received an online assignment about 3 weeks later now my application went from qualification under review back to application revived status. Did same happen to anyone? Does this mean they are not longer reviewing my application anymore since it went back one step in process as received?
mstev47  
#447 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:47:46 PM(UTC)
mstev47

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/16/2014(UTC)
Posts: 18
United States
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CleanPerson Go to Quoted Post
My application went under qualification review in like a week, then I received an online assignment about 3 weeks later now my application went from qualification under review back to application revived status. Did same happen to anyone? Does this mean they are not longer reviewing my application anymore since it went back one step in process as received?


I wouldn’t pay too much attention to status on USA jobs. They will send emails. Last cycle my status was not received the whole time until they sent an offer. Can send an email to the coordinator if concerned but likely no problem.
thanks 1 user thanked mstev47 for this useful post.
CleanPerson on 1/18/2020(UTC)
Red  
#448 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:38:37 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 352

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Decaf: who went from OIG to IRS-CI ? Usually it is the other way around- I knew some who went to VA-IG, Energy-IG, and Inspection (now TIGTA). But none who came over from there. Same with Secret Service, some went from USSS to Inspection or TIGTA, but never met any who went from CI to USSS, or USSS to CI, although it may happen. I also knew an ATF RAC who started with CI and went to ATF; that was probably more common when we were all under Treasury. Anybody else know of similar transfers?
Medano18  
#449 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 9:42:25 AM(UTC)
Medano18

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2020(UTC)
Posts: 1
United States
Location: Fresno, CA

Greetings applicants!

I applied for the 1811 announcement that closed 03/01/2019. It's been quite a process, but I have finally rec'd my conditional offer (last week), completed on-boarding documents, and am in the process of finishing e-QIP info. Couple points of stress as I near the finish line - re medical exam:

1. I am partially color blind - but can see fine and pass all tests with corrective contacts/lenses. I'm wondering if they will permit me to wear the contacts during the medical exam.
2. I have an auto-immune disease, but am very healthy and have been unaffected by it for years. I run marathons, adventure triathlons, mountain bike, backpack etc... but am so worried they're gonna disqualify me over something stupid. I'm wondering if I have to disclose it in the first place or if it'll boil down to me getting a letter from my doctor stating in their opinion this "ailment" would not affect my performance in this position.

Reading thru this thread it appears this position has attracted a lot of Type A applicants like myself who worry about each phase until they're onto the next.

Any and all insight is welcome. Good luck to all of you!
AnotherLawyer  
#450 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 4:45:22 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 12
United States

Originally Posted by: Medano18 Go to Quoted Post
Greetings applicants!

I applied for the 1811 announcement that closed 03/01/2019. It's been quite a process, but I have finally rec'd my conditional offer (last week), completed on-boarding documents, and am in the process of finishing e-QIP info. Couple points of stress as I near the finish line - re medical exam:

1. I am partially color blind - but can see fine and pass all tests with corrective contacts/lenses. I'm wondering if they will permit me to wear the contacts during the medical exam.
2. I have an auto-immune disease, but am very healthy and have been unaffected by it for years. I run marathons, adventure triathlons, mountain bike, backpack etc... but am so worried they're gonna disqualify me over something stupid. I'm wondering if I have to disclose it in the first place or if it'll boil down to me getting a letter from my doctor stating in their opinion this "ailment" would not affect my performance in this position.

Reading thru this thread it appears this position has attracted a lot of Type A applicants like myself who worry about each phase until they're onto the next.

Any and all insight is welcome. Good luck to all of you!


Type A people applying for 1811 positions? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

I don't have any medical insight, but congrats on getting that far. I hope to be worrying about similar things in a few months.
Red  
#451 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:11:39 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 352

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
The New York Times has a January 17 article about Secret Service returning to the Treasury Department. The White House is behind it, so is Secret Service, and so is the Treasury Secretary. If it happens, you guys will probably get pulled for details during election years. Anybody hear anything from the CI executives? It used to be good duty- a nice break from the normal workload.
9L81  
#452 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:04:17 PM(UTC)
9L81

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 41
United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have heard this chatter for a while. USSS isn't fond of DHS where HSI is the big fish. hSI doesn't like pulling protection duty. HSI poaches many USSS agents as do other agencies so USSS is never near full staffing. CI was set to participate in the upcoming election cycle with two teams rotating on/off for 21 days each doing protection. Names were put in and people were waiting for training. Then it went all quiet. What I heard was that as long as we are claiming our numbers are down and begging for new agents we shouldn't be lending out 75 at a time to assist USSS. Never heard this confirmed but I can understand the optics looking bad.
Red  
#453 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 8:43:00 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 352

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
An obvious question is why does the Treasury secretary rate Secret Service protection when they (USSS) are not under Treasury? Maybe it is written into law somewhere, but most department heads have their own details, usually from their IG agents- EPA, Labor, VA, etc. Secretary of Defense has Army CID. I don't know about the Attorney General, but would guess FBI or Marshals. Supreme Court has Marshals. State Department has Defense Security Service. As to the optics, it would be a good reason to request more staffing. And good publicity for CI.
Red  
#454 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:02:46 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 352

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
correction: Department of State has DSS, Diplomatic Security Service, not Defense Security Service
1811BAMF  
#455 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 12:58:45 PM(UTC)
1811BAMF

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 8

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 9L81 Go to Quoted Post
I have heard this chatter for a while. USSS isn't fond of DHS where HSI is the big fish. hSI doesn't like pulling protection duty. HSI poaches many USSS agents as do other agencies so USSS is never near full staffing. CI was set to participate in the upcoming election cycle with two teams rotating on/off for 21 days each doing protection. Names were put in and people were waiting for training. Then it went all quiet. What I heard was that as long as we are claiming our numbers are down and begging for new agents we shouldn't be lending out 75 at a time to assist USSS. Never heard this confirmed but I can understand the optics looking bad.


CI was set to participate and still will but the number of agents requested by USSS was far lower than USSS was anticipating. I havent heard anything to lend credence to the theory that we did not provide agents due to staffing levels.

I wish CI would be transferred to Treasury with USSS and get out of IRS.

Edited by user Monday, January 20, 2020 1:00:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9L81  
#456 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 1:26:41 PM(UTC)
9L81

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 41
United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1811BAMF Go to Quoted Post


CI was set to participate and still will but the number of agents requested by USSS was far lower than USSS was anticipating. I havent heard anything to lend credence to the theory that we did not provide agents due to staffing levels.



I'll believe it when it happens. Doesn't matter to me as I didn't put in for it and hopefully am not told to do it but I think it would make more sense to have FO agents assist in events within their FO rather than sending agents all over wherever. My feeling is doing the jump teams is a N.A.V.Y. situation. Time will tell.
Decaf  
#457 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:51:51 AM(UTC)
Decaf

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Unapproved
Joined: 1/15/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4

Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
Decaf: who went from OIG to IRS-CI ? Usually it is the other way around- I knew some who went to VA-IG, Energy-IG, and Inspection (now TIGTA). But none who came over from there. Same with Secret Service, some went from USSS to Inspection or TIGTA, but never met any who went from CI to USSS, or USSS to CI, although it may happen. I also knew an ATF RAC who started with CI and went to ATF; that was probably more common when we were all under Treasury. Anybody else know of similar transfers?


Red,

From this forum, TXfed1811 transferred from an OIG to IRS-CI back in November 2018 and went through SAIT soon after.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#458 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:01:23 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2014(UTC)
Posts: 417
United States

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Decaf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
Decaf: who went from OIG to IRS-CI ? Usually it is the other way around- I knew some who went to VA-IG, Energy-IG, and Inspection (now TIGTA). But none who came over from there. Same with Secret Service, some went from USSS to Inspection or TIGTA, but never met any who went from CI to USSS, or USSS to CI, although it may happen. I also knew an ATF RAC who started with CI and went to ATF; that was probably more common when we were all under Treasury. Anybody else know of similar transfers?


Red,

From this forum, TXfed1811 transferred from an OIG to IRS-CI back in November 2018 and went through SAIT soon after.


Decaf,

What Red was trying to explain is that it’s very rare someone from OIG transfers to IRS-CI. It’s usually the other way around where IRS-CI transfers to an OIG. I’ve personally never seen it either. It looks like you found a specific person scrolling through the threads. Shoot them an email and see if they respond.
Red  
#459 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:45:09 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 352

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
-1Day, you're right. It is uncommon. We had a USSS agent who asked about transferring to CI. He was tired of the travel. Our brass (or maybe it was HR) said he wasn't qualified, didn't have the 15 hours of accounting. Never mind they do all kinds of financial investigations. Another was a state cop with a finance degree who had passed the Treasury exam (for USSS) and was being recruited by USSS. Our recruiter said, "not enough accounting hours", and he went with FBI. It was frustrating to lose people like these. It would be interesting to hear from TXfed and how he compares the two jobs. I agree with 1811BAMF that we should be under main Treasury- that has been talked about for decades. But IRS execs don't want it. We heard stories about some of our leaders who talked like that and were slapped down.
Decaf  
#460 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:05:57 PM(UTC)
Decaf

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Unapproved
Joined: 1/15/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks Red, 1811BAMF, and 1Day! I have an offer from CI but wanted input from current agents who transferred from an OIG. Also wanted to learn about the culture at CI and whether is a family oriented agency.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest, Klawnz
24 Pages«<21222324>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.163 seconds.